andythiing

currently drinking

3 hours ago, A J said:

Settling in for a great night - slow roasted lamb shoulder - daughter home from NZ - and it's cold & wet out there
5a00c81b56e2a9636d04e460ca828c6b.jpg

What do you think of the FU AJ?

Ive nearly bought it a few times.

What do you think of the FU AJ?
Ive nearly bought it a few times.

Hmm I’ve bought it a few times which says something. It’s a drinkable quaff I reckon but nowhere near the hype that the seller whips up. My wife and daughter really like if so I like to keep a few in HME cellar. The Pinot was spectacular.
AJ

Surprisingly left hand side drinking much better than the one on right.

20190622_223543.jpg

May be the dead arm passed its peak? I still have a 2005 and 2006, may be I should open them sooner.

Surprisingly left hand side drinking much better than the one on right.
20190622_223543.thumb.jpg.d3f9bae2ffae1c9c517f393a489d6561.jpg

4 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

May be the dead arm passed its peak? I still have a 2005 and 2006, may be I should open them sooner.

It hasn't passed the peak, just oak seems dominating bit too much which isn't to my liking and to my drinking buddy.

28 minutes ago, A J said:

Hmm I’ve bought it a few times which says something. It’s a drinkable quaff I reckon but nowhere near the hype that the seller whips up. My wife and daughter really like if so I like to keep a few in HME cellar. The Pinot was spectacular.
AJ

Cheers mate, that’s kinda what I predicted, cutting through that tedious sales hype is something that has turned me off that mob. Still keen to try that one some day though🤙

Good to know...I won't open mine that early then.

It hasn't passed the peak, just oak seems dominating bit too much which isn't to my liking and to my drinking buddy.

3 hours ago, Chanh said:

Trying out this bottle from @Mendes...

F60E2D5B-2438-4E1C-BBA9-BA515C338AD0.jpeg

How was it?

10 minutes ago, PKay said:

How was it?

I am a fan, more heading west........ gotta love and understand Nebb.......such a well made wine.....:thumb:

Keen to hear from @Chanh

7 hours ago, Mendes said:

I am a fan, more heading west........ gotta love and understand Nebb.......such a well made wine.....:thumb:

Keen to hear from @Chanh

Thanks. I’ll have to give it a try next time I come across a bottle. 

8 hours ago, Mendes said:

Keen to hear from @Chanh

Rumour has it there was a packing error with your order and you are getting five bottles of Coates The Nebbiolo 16 and a bottle of (unreleased) Coates The Reserve Syrah 2016

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, PKay said:

How was it?

Probably not the right person to ask... I have zero knowledge about wine, other then enjoying them.. Regardless,  it was nice..., clean smooth and very fruity.... though I think it will get better with time. Certainly an excellent starter for me..... 

Have had a light gtg here lastnight with Perth’s weather was wet wet wet....! Could not resist but compensate the effort to those have made it here listen to some tunes.... 

07D487F5-E580-4B16-BEFB-3656CF5D5E5A.jpeg

Edited by Chanh
Typo

23 hours ago, Mendes said:

Storms and rain so a good night to stay home and cook.

From the north of Italy, Valtellina to the west coast USA , Sonoma county tonight, should be a hoot.

92E00B58-D023-4782-B2C0-CA7058D5FD88.jpeg

Nice, getting better every day

40 minutes ago, Chanh said:

Probably not the right person to ask... I have zero knowledge about wine, other then enjoying them.. Regardless,  it was nice..., clean smooth and very fruity.... though I think it will get better with time. Certainly an excellent starter for me..... 

Have had a light gtg here lastnight with Perth’s weather was wet wet wet....! Could not resist but compensate the effort to those have made it here listen to some tunes.... 

07D487F5-E580-4B16-BEFB-3656CF5D5E5A.jpeg

Oh please. Don't show these Wine anymore, I'm start getting addicted to it☺️

11 hours ago, DRC said:

Rumour has it there was a packing error with your order and you are getting five bottles of Coates The Nebbiolo 16 and a bottle of (unreleased) Coates The Reserve Syrah 2016

Nebbiolo is a great grape -- but challenging. Certainly among the finest wines I have tasted. Victoria colder climate is the place to try it. Heathcote, Beechworth etc....