andythiing

currently drinking

8 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Your place or mine @Chanh

Whooohoooo! It’s a favour I am asking.... I think the call rests on your.

i would be delighted either way.🥰  

5 minutes ago, Chanh said:

Whooohoooo! It’s a favour I am asking.... I think the call rests on your.

i would be delighted either way.🥰  

PM you in the morning.....:thumb:

17 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Have to sadly admit, never seen it. Now I will look out for it. 

Grays Online have it by the pallet load. Warrenmang must have dumped a B-double worth of their wines with them.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Rockford said:

Grays Online have it by the pallet load. Warrenmang must have dumped a B-double worth of their wines with them.

Really? Any link? They cost me $95 each from DM. 

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_857854/black-puma-pyrenees-shiraz-2013

Edited by Chanh
Link added.

18 minutes ago, Chanh said:

Really? Any link? They cost me $95 each from DM. 

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_857854/black-puma-pyrenees-shiraz-2013

Just keep monitoring Grays, they pop up all the time. They were selling them by the  pallet at one stage. (not Black Puma)

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=grays+online+warrenmang

JD master distiller series and Amy Dickson. Both really very good.

Posted (edited)

Settling back with some Peter Green and the splinter band live at Ronnie Scott's and a few generous shots of this over ice .

image.png.a3adcd89a58cd23a636749cb99caebc9.png

Edited by rantan

Posted (edited)
On 08/06/2019 at 12:37 PM, glenm64 said:

Has anyone had any experience using GoodDrop.com.au? Their price on some really good single malts is fantastic, but cant find anything online about them except their web page, hence the trepidation. 

I used them last year to buy some Clynelish, one of my current favourites. Lowest price by far that I had paid for Clynelish and all was good.

Edited by Super Mustud
added info

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PKay said:

I just found this

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0052-2472895/wine/warrenmang-estate-shiraz-nv-6-x-750ml?spr=true

Interesting that a red wine can be NV, that's a first for me.

Usually means mixed vintage. Most cases it is a cheaper wine, but there are some like Sami-Odi who do a Multi-Vintage wine, and of course Vega Sicilia Especial (but that is getting close to 4 figures a bottle). And don't forget Penfolds money grab with the G3 which is a blend of 3 vintages of Grange 🙂

Usually the cheap ones are to prop up a poor vintage, so say 2011 which was ordinary in SA/NSW they might put in some 2010 to prop it up.

Edited by Rockford

5 hours ago, Rockford said:

I heard that winery had a fire recently.  Maybe need to clear stock?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, mtf said:

I heard that winery had a fire recently.  Maybe need to clear stock?

Yeah, but that was only very recently. I get the impression that they sold out and the new owners wanted to unload a bunch of it, either for cash flow or they were not going to continue on doing the wines in the same volumes. (maybe buying the fruit in etc for smaller runs). As it has been on Grays for over a year in varying quantities. Mainly the cheaper stuff, but also the Torchio and 6-Packs of the Puma.

I have fond memories of dining there and Luigi (I think it was) was helping with the serving of the wines. I ordered the Black Puma by the glass and I am sitting there, thinking this is really corked...so I called him over and said 'sorry but this is corked', so he took a sniff and was beside himself, he'd just picked up the half empty bottle that one of the other waiters had been using to pour by the glass and had assumed it was OK.  He was most upset that none of the other customers had raised it and was worried they would go back to Melbourne thinking that's how his Black Puma tasted! We had a good chat, he showed me his hands after years of pruning which were like wiry ropes, and he had been out in the vineyards that morning still tidying up things which he was quite proud of.

Edited by Rockford

12 hours ago, Rockford said:

As it has been on Grays for over a year in varying quantities. Mainly the cheaper stuff, but also the Torchio and 6-Packs of the Puma.

This offer recently was one that I should have taken up.

i went to a wedding there many moons ago as I have friends near by but my memory of that ceremony seems to be a bit foggy haha🙃

9AE5F948-6C1D-4536-B5A6-C7884C0C3ADF.png

I just love this Alpine Nebbiolo from the Valtellina, cracking vino and a relative bargain.

ADF478CB-4D4A-42C8-B316-1EFC126131FA.jpeg.379ff3d698d87ca18b182940a95bf27c.jpeg