andythiing

currently drinking

Shout outs to @coeuslee  and @Mendes for a great arvo of vinyl and vino. coming home with this little treasure thank you very much Steve, it’s a beauty, will be happily recommending this drop too.👍

7EE1692A-6F8C-434D-8A39-D1F9A6233E53.jpeg

Edited by mtf

Sorry to lower the tone slightly, but many of us have taken a salary hit...

this was 9 bucks delivered in the time of plague from Vinomofo and is a perfectly respectable wine, somewhat on the sweet side for my taste... but then I can put the savings towards something more upmarket 😃

81976ADB-9915-4D5F-841C-FCFAAF8E782B.jpeg

Edited by tripitaka

2 hours ago, tripitaka said:

Sorry to lower the tone slightly, but many of us have taken a salary hit...

this was 9 bucks delivered in the time of plague from Vinomofo and is a perfectly respectable wine, somewhat on the sweet side for my taste... but then I can put the savings towards something more upmarket 😃

81976ADB-9915-4D5F-841C-FCFAAF8E782B.jpeg

If you find a good bottle for under $15 let us know. 

Looks like you have plenty of booze to get you through the week (maybe next few days)  on the back shelf.

9 hours ago, misternavi said:

Looks like you have plenty of booze to get you through the week (maybe next few days)  on the back shelf.

Be not alarmed...  My wine fridges are out of camera shot, so I have at least a year's worth of backup supplies 🙂

With enough wine and a reasonable stereo, one should be able to ride out any pandemic 🙂

That's the last of these. A very nice series of clean skins from the local IGA (now under new ownership and we don't get these any more). Sniff!!!IMG_20200810_200549.thumb.jpg.708de8c7706fa4b68e2708505ba5b2f0.jpg

Riesling from the Mornington Peninsular, go figure......this is really, really good. Did not expect this 🙏

Thanks @mtf  

9DC25D75-B7F1-4F62-98FE-44476B3D4A63.jpeg

22 hours ago, misternavi said:

Vases Felix Philus Cab Sav 2017.......can be got for ~$18......Stunning bargain....🙏🙏🍷🍷

13 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Vases Felix Philus Cab Sav 2017.......can be got for ~$18......Stunning bargain....🙏🙏🍷🍷

Now that's the sort of sage advice that one expects from their hifi forum 😀

Love margaret river cabernet!

32 minutes ago, Mendes said:

This 17 is a true bargain alright, shop around and stock em up!

3 minutes ago, mtf said:

This 17 is a true bargain alright, shop around and stock em up!

A visual....🙏🍷

8DBCE422-131D-4272-8B99-BB994C9D237B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mendes said:

Riesling from the Mornington Peninsular, go figure......this is really, really good. Did not expect this 🙏

Thanks @mtf  

Different to the Magpie Hill we chatted about but similar in that it’s definitely worth trying to find a few, $30 gets you a very nice drop here.

1 minute ago, mtf said:

Different to the Magpie Hill we chatted about but similar in that it’s definitely worth trying to find a few, $30 gets you a very nice drop here.

Ridiculous bang for buck here Mark, Thanks....

Now must get more....😫😅🙏

12 hours ago, Mendes said:

Thanks @mtf  

Perfect growing weather for the Riesling grape around here. I tend to finish off the Peninsula Rieslings well before they've passed their peak. In fact, right not I don't think I've got any older than 2007 - and even those were bought at one of the 'clearing out our cellar' sales at Paringa.

19 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

That's the last of these. A very nice series of clean skins from the local IGA (now under new ownership and we don't get these any more). Sniff!!!

14.5% abv Pinot Noir?....and from Mornington Penn.  🤨 

6 hours ago, The Fez said:

14.5% abv Pinot Noir?....and from Mornington Penn.  🤨 

The Peninsula, home of real Pinot...🥰 Generally it's around 13.5 or 14, but it depends on the sugar levels when picked.

The Paringa Estate 2010,  2013 and 2015 were all 14.5, as was the 2007 Reserve. I don't think I've got any left from before 2010 (maybe a half bottle of the 2006 - cross fingers!)

Stoniers do most of theirs in that range (including the Reserve).

Yabby Lake, Panton, Red Hill and Tuck Ridge all tend to produce robust Pinots.

There's probably many others, but then I'd never have time for other grape varieties.

Edited by Cloth Ears

On 10/08/2020 at 11:20 PM, misternavi said:

This is a cracking drop: https://www.winelover.com.au/product/nillahcootie-cabernet-sauvignon-2010/ (dozen price!!!)

And this https://www.winelover.com.au/product/cape-vine-cabernet-sauvignon-dozen-copy/ and this one also https://www.winelover.com.au/product/alessia-grace-shiraz-dozen/.

A friend bought this for me. It's very good.
I was going wine free for AUGUST but wife wanted a glass of wine and it was all we had. I had to have a glass once it was opened. 

I'm on my 2nd glass.

winesake_0022.jpg

8 minutes ago, misternavi said:

A friend bought this for me. It's very good.
I was going wine free for AUGUST but wife wanted a glass of wine and it was all we had. I had to have a glass once it was opened. 

I'm on my 2nd glass.

winesake_0022.jpg

Great photo............................oh, pretty good wine also....:thumb: