Jump to content

andythiing

currently drinking

Recommended Posts

I thought I'd add a little class to the currently drinking posts xD 

 

Pixies Doolittle currently spinning on SACD.

 

IMG_3030.thumb.JPG.16f7fa2200ff6272dbeb485c95e4fc4e.JPG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DRC said:

I thought I'd add a little class to the currently drinking posts xD 

 

Pixies Doolittle currently spinning on SACD.

 

IMG_3030.thumb.JPG.16f7fa2200ff6272dbeb485c95e4fc4e.JPG 

The 19 Pinot..... nice 👍🍷.....should see mine this week, excited🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Please allow a little indulgence --- 

 

Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of champagne.” – Paul Claudel, French poet 

 

cristal-2012-bottle.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Margs red, some Chet Baker and some Spangled Emperor tonight, happy days.

70893E2D-8397-48BB-85F1-C42D75FAEF73.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


21 minutes ago, mtf said:

Some Margs red, some Chet Baker and some Spangled Emperor tonight, happy days.

70893E2D-8397-48BB-85F1-C42D75FAEF73.jpeg

The merlot Mark?

 

How you doing brother? 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Mendes said:

The merlot Mark?

 

How you doing brother? 🙏

It their BDX blend, pretty good stuff for the coin and hopefully it balances out with a bit more time.
Doing pretty well mate but I really need to get away from Netflix and get back to work!! 🤪

 

Edited by mtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mtf said:

It their BDX blend, pretty good stuff for the coin and hopefully it balances out with a bit more time.
Doing pretty well mate but I really need to get away from Netflix and get back to work!! 🤪

 

Ha ha, I got one variety right then....😂🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last one for a little while and this is bloody tasty stuff, worth snapping up a few if you can find it😉

AFD14984-6CF7-43FE-A640-22F639E1E615.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Working from home this week I was able to decant this at noon, tasty little Barbaresco.........trying to leave half a bottle to try tomorrow.....🙏

2A81F9A0-4E37-4511-A33C-446DE38DBD18.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Working from home this week I was able to decant this at noon, tasty little Barbaresco.........trying to leave half a bottle to try tomorrow.....🙏

2A81F9A0-4E37-4511-A33C-446DE38DBD18.jpeg

Wanted to try that on too, where does it sit on your Nebbiolo scale Steve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mtf said:

Wanted to try that on too, where does it sit on your Nebbiolo scale Steve?

It’s a pretty little thang.....feminine versus Barolo being more masculine.

 

Recommended buy...🍷🍷🍷🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mendes said:

trying to leave half a bottle to try tomorrow.

One glass to try, two to really appreciate, three to agree with your inner self that says this is good!, four because if you didn't then tomorrow you'd wish you had another glass.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Brilliant. Tastes of the fantastic summer we had when we bought it from the vineyard. 

 

 

IMG_20200404_094036.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20200407_225238.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Nice and buttery? -- Lot's of oak? ...I remember when Chardonnay was very very popular -- and the oak -- back in the day - I mean we are talking here late 1980's early 90's, you needed to  "remove a splinter" with every glass.. But back then you drank A LOT of white wine --- Remember Chablis..??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mendes said:

Working from home this week I was able to decant this at noon, tasty little Barbaresco.........trying to leave half a bottle to try tomorrow.....🙏

2A81F9A0-4E37-4511-A33C-446DE38DBD18.jpeg

Well @Luc......glad I saved the other half of this bottle for tonight, it’s humming and a real pleasure tonight, sadly will need to crack something else for some amusement for later :hiccup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Well @Luc......glad I saved the other half of this bottle for tonight, it’s humming and a real pleasure tonight, sadly will need to crack something else for some amusement for later :hiccup

Told you so🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me, Spotify and John Prine and a bottle of Rouge Homme are quietly slipping into a condition known as ' nearly time for bed'. sometimes it takes a while to recognise that particular time though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luc said:

Me, Spotify and John Prine and a bottle of Rouge Homme are quietly slipping into a condition known as ' nearly time for bed'. sometimes it takes a while to recognise that particular time though...

When we get over this covid thing, we must catch up somewhere for a few/ many beverages @Luc...🙏🍷🍾🥃🍸🥂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, The Fez said:

^^ Nice and buttery? -- Lot's of oak? ...I remember when Chardonnay was very very popular -- and the oak -- back in the day - I mean we are talking here late 1980's early 90's, you needed to  "remove a splinter" with every glass.. But back then you drank A LOT of white wine --- Remember Chablis..??  

Moderate oak, buttery nut and stone fruit. Mellow on the citrus. 

 

I've had a few good chardonnays and starting to think good matured 10yo bottles of the stuff are where it's at. 

 

Unfortunately the early and mid 1990s I was underage, any alcohol I managed to buy was spirits to be smuggled into a party.

 

But while underage I usually got a sniff at cellar doors when my parents couldn't decide on what to buy. 

 

Chablis, I do. But current wine 

 

And there are actually some good Gruner Veltliner (Wachau, Austria) around. Back then it seemed to be nasty stuff out of a cardboard box.

 

Ahhh wine..... Just don't try and give me Rose. Can't get beyond the taste of rinsing an empty red wine glass with a splash of white wine before swapping to white on the days the same glass is used. 

Edited by DrSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrSK said:

Moderate oak, buttery nut and stone fruit. Mellow on the citrus. 

 

I've had a few good chardonnays and starting to think good matured 10yo bottles of the stuff are where it's at. 

Agree....but good is good no matter the age and always interesting 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mendes said:

When we get over this covid thing, we must catch up somewhere for a few/ many beverages @Luc...🙏🍷🍾🥃🍸🥂

The Handbrake wants to do a tour of  lower WA.

I'm not telling her that I actually have some online friends there and that I might be able to drop in on a few of them. No music, no drinking involved at all course.

 

Yup..I can lie with a straight face...

 

* I could always use the excuse that I need to take the LP12 to a tech I know...Scots guy, Linn trained...umm he's in Perth somewhere and while we're there we may as well ...

 

 

Haha, she'll never suspect🥂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luc said:

The Handbrake wants to do a tour of  lower WA.

I'm not telling her that I actually have some online friends there and that I might be able to drop in on a few of them. No music, no drinking involved at all course.

 

Yup..I can lie with a straight face...

 

* I could always use the excuse that I need to take the LP12 to a tech I know...Scots guy, Linn trained...umm he's in Perth somewhere and while we're there we may as well ...

 

 

Haha, she'll never suspect🥂

Gordon is not far away from us...🙏👍🥂🥂🍷🍷😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Gordon is not far away from us...🙏👍🥂🥂🍷🍷😋

I can hear my  late departed mum saying: Oh please, don't encourage him!

 

Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To start off this very different Easter break.

Cheers guys, stay safe and healthy! 

20200409_192725.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...