andythiing

currently drinking

A few quiet ones with some friends this afternoon in Perth, enjoying not being at work.

Same year 2009, really old vines....Clare v Eden Valley......both travelling really well and in a a good spot right now.

EA50C56E-7464-454F-846D-CD41C6ACD14C.jpeg

Happy 2020 everyone!

At home cooking lobster tails and scallops spaghetti, and some cucumber, heirloom tomatoes,  avocado and mint salad.

Prefect for such a hot day in Sydney...

20191231_190047.jpg

19 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Happy 2020 everyone!

At home cooking lobster tails and scallops spaghetti, and some cucumber, heirloom tomatoes,  avocado and mint salad.

Prefect for such a hot day in Sydney...

20191231_190047.jpg

Here’s to drinking well in 2020 Dennis.

Happy new to all 🙏🙏🍷🍷🍾🍾🍺🍺🍸🍸🥂🥂🍹🍹🥃🥃🍶🍶

Kampai and happy new year...

Home before the madness starts....

BB880B18-40A5-4D3D-B466-64897E738914.jpeg

Sem and chicken laksa....quite a tasty tipple....and quite a match

CC9BA3A5-7EB0-436A-B5E2-9E81DC4EDAF1.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Sem and chicken laksa....quite a tasty tipple....and quite a match

CC9BA3A5-7EB0-436A-B5E2-9E81DC4EDAF1.jpeg

How good is a Hunter Sem, I’m definitely cracking one next week🤙

Christmas and New Years wine. The double magnum was a prosecco we won earlier in the year. It was delightful, and shared with many.

IMG_4962.jpeg

IMG_4957.jpeg

IMG_4961.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5046.jpeg

7 hours ago, Zammo said:

Christmas and New Years wine. The double magnum was a prosecco we won earlier in the year. It was delightful, and shared with many.

IMG_4962.jpeg

IMG_4957.jpeg

IMG_4961.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5046.jpeg

That’s a cracking array Zammo 

Some wonderful Syrah and some chillin tunes

Life is good tonight🤙

890282F6-3BF5-4719-972B-1C0F65584B5A.jpeg

Finished work late today but came home with dinner prepared for, and a beer...that will do for a Friday nite!

20200110_205220.jpg

I post with a heavy heart and in tribute to those fighting the fires and those living the consequences.....you are not alone...🙏

Great Aussie wines to celebrate the phenomenal Aussie spirit.....🙏

❤️❤️❤️

CC0E2DBC-B38B-4165-B331-DAEB7838698B.jpeg

Sergio Mendes certainly known his wines...

Cleaning up leftovers from the weekend.

The High Sands is amazing and the Carignan is a big funk bomb......very good ......

D1BA85FD-079A-4FE8-8194-DDA33F3AACE4.jpeg

9794A068-7631-4062-AE73-C166B6E3387E.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Cleaning up leftovers from the weekend.

The High Sands is amazing and the Carignan is a big funk bomb......very good ......

D1BA85FD-079A-4FE8-8194-DDA33F3AACE4.jpeg

9794A068-7631-4062-AE73-C166B6E3387E.jpeg

Your taking your time...the French one with the Spanish grape(I looked it up🤩) is either roobish or, umm... funked😋.

*You'd be proud. I'm advancing  my limited knowledge of wine(open-pour-quaff-quaff again, repeat) by staying at some wineries for the next 5 days way up in woop woop somewhere with names like; Grape Rock Secateurs  and No We Dont Sell Beer and Welcome Please Enter. I might be reading their web pages the wrong way round as I have a new browser but still..they sound interesting.  

Limited if any wireless, so reports will be scratchy till I get back.

Wines to be attempted and then spat out include;Barbera(I'm thinking of a I dream of Jeannie joke which will get me a discount or thrown out) and Petite Mansang, Sylvaner, Fiano, Alvarinho, Tannat, Saperavi, Graciano, Pinotage and a host of others like these that I've never heard of.

Am taking a slab of Margaret River's finest(Colonial IPA and their new Hazy IPA🥰) as back up just in case.

Wife drinks one type...Riesling from Clare+ Eden valleys and will not touch red wine...what could possibly go wrong eh.

18 minutes ago, Luc said:

Your taking your time...the French one with the Spanish grape(I looked it up🤩) is either roobish or, umm... funked😋.

*You'd be proud. I'm advancing  my limited knowledge of wine(open-pour-quaff-quaff again, repeat) by staying at some wineries for the next 5 days way up in woop woop somewhere with names like; Grape Rock Secateurs  and No We Dont Sell Beer and Welcome Please Enter. I might be reading their web pages the wrong way round as I have a new browser but still..they sound interesting.  

Limited if any wireless, so reports will be scratchy till I get back.

Wines to be attempted and then spat out include;Barbera(I'm thinking of a I dream of Jeannie joke which will get me a discount or thrown out) and Petite Mansang, Sylvaner, Fiano, Alvarinho, Tannat, Saperavi, Graciano, Pinotage and a host of others like these that I've never heard of.

Am taking a slab of Margaret River's finest(Colonial IPA and their new Hazy IPA🥰) as back up just in case.

Wife drinks one type...Riesling from Clare+ Eden valleys and will not touch red wine...what could possibly go wrong eh.

The Oz Grenache is the bomb, but The French is good, just different.

Enjoy your time Lee....👏👏🍷🍷🍺🍺🍾🍾😇😇

Tasted a lot of Margs wines over the last 3 days so I thought I’d pop open something from the other side of the country upon our return. Beautiful drop it is too.

A1090EEB-D0DC-42B8-B2DC-F605303EB2B2.jpeg

Nice looooong lunch for a birthday that moved to a cheeky game of poker afterwards. Some epic wines.

The Gaja was my WOTN. Not all wines shown, will type up a list when I get a chance.

The 69 Bredif was as fresh as a daisy. bdaylunch.jpg.7b8836615e5229b20163ec68ab717de5.jpgbdaylunch2.jpg.9d0642dd838365fcfb4aca04ed47adb7.jpgbdaylunch3.jpg.6d1bd001a23e1d5078cbc5ac0dd53c75.jpgbdaylunch1.jpg.4069498deea9c66dac9eeb9a62d85c15.jpg

bdaylunch4.jpg.4469b08b3efc35739ab5589831e76f09.jpg

Edited by Rockford

Gosh, I'm not sure I should post after that epic lunch with wines to die for! Wow.

Hosts supplied us with a fruit/cheese platter of local produce and the wine in the pic. Never heard of it or tasted it so it's the first of many I hope.

Boss said it reminded her of apples that'll do.

Lime zest with subtle pepper notes and white flowers with a long dry finish the label states. The finish is dry which is nice.

More to come tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Luc said:

Gosh, I'm not sure I should post after that epic lunch with wines to die for! Wow.

Hosts supplied us with a fruit/cheese platter of local produce and the wine in the pic. Never heard of it or tasted it so it's the first of many I hope.

Boss said it reminded her of apples that'll do.

Lime zest with subtle pepper notes and white flowers with a long dry finish the label states. The finish is dry which is nice.

More to come tomorrow.

Pic or it never happened ......😎:thumb:

10 hours ago, Rockford said:

Nice looooong lunch for a birthday that moved to a cheeky game of poker afterwards. Some epic wines.

The Gaja was my WOTN. Not all wines shown, will type up a list when I get a chance.

The 69 Bredif was as fresh as a daisy. bdaylunch.jpg.7b8836615e5229b20163ec68ab717de5.jpgbdaylunch2.jpg.9d0642dd838365fcfb4aca04ed47adb7.jpgbdaylunch3.jpg.6d1bd001a23e1d5078cbc5ac0dd53c75.jpgbdaylunch1.jpg.4069498deea9c66dac9eeb9a62d85c15.jpg

bdaylunch4.jpg.4469b08b3efc35739ab5589831e76f09.jpg

How did you manage poker after all that wine?