andythiing

currently drinking

Annual release at Mount Mary over the weekend. Whites quite open at release, and the reds dialled back quite a bit from last years concentrated exceptional releases. Still lovely balance though. Great opportunity to taste 7 consecutive vintages of Quintet.
5f136fed03f8293e5c5b52e31f389a5f.jpg

For around $20 this is absolutely worth a try. 

It’s vinyl, it’s gotta be good right? :thumb:😉

7B4834C7-4AB6-4EF2-B2B7-447367917B22.jpeg

For around $20 this is absolutely worth a try. 
It’s vinyl, it’s gotta be good right? :thumb:
7B4834C7-4AB6-4EF2-B2B7-447367917B22.thumb.jpeg.c927dc488162d4e08316c023b19b2e45.jpeg
Does it taste very analog?

1 minute ago, dwbasement said:

Does it taste very analog? emoji6.png

We must do a double blind test.......I mean taste....:hiccup

6 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Does it taste very analog? emoji6.png

It’s got warmth, it’s got meat, it’s got character and soul, but, it’s not perfect, so yeah, it’s doing good analog all right!!:thumb:😆

17 minutes ago, Mendes said:

We must do a double blind test.......I mean taste....:hiccup

Your a naughty boy Mendes😂

It’s got warmth, it’s got meat, it’s got character and soul, but, it’s not perfect, so yeah, it’s doing good analog all right!!:thumb:
That's prefect

Guest yamaha_man

Bought this lot at Costco yesterday.

Wooden box and 6 wine glasses for $120.00

Any good??

B44A12E1-D0AA-4E08-A49D-4FF595D91F54.jpeg

11 minutes ago, yamaha_man said:

Any good??

Nuh.

I'll read the label again, hang on...

ejIPeUU-1.gif.ff84629f2b76dd81735bf42285794b23.gif

30 minutes ago, yamaha_man said:

Any good??

It's a relative thing YM, price is only an indicator of quality...........give it a go and see what you think.

If you like it, then good for you....:hiccup👍

On 16/10/2018 at 7:17 AM, Zammo said:

Annual release at Mount Mary over the weekend. Whites quite open at release, and the reds dialled back quite a bit from last years concentrated exceptional releases. Still lovely balance though. Great opportunity to taste 7 consecutive vintages of Quintet.
5f136fed03f8293e5c5b52e31f389a5f.jpg

I’ve yet to try the Quintet,  I have been told it does require many years of cellaring.

Do you have a preference for aging or a recommendation of a vintage that is ready to rock n roll @Zammo

I’ve yet to try the Quintet,  I have been told it does require many years of cellaring.
Do you have a preference for aging or a recommendation of a vintage that is ready to rock n roll [mention=109000]Zammo[/mention]

Recent vintages of Quintet under Sam Middleton have become more open at release, so are drinking well from younger (compared to John Middleton wines of the 90’s and early 00’s). At the tasting, the 2010 & 2013 were both drinking beautifully. The wet year 2011 is just holding on, and I wouldn’t hold any longer - that said, for an off year wine, it is still a lovely Quintet. The 2014 & 15 are both classic years, but are approachable now with the potential to improve with some secondary development. I’ll be opening some mid 90’s quintets over summer - will be interesting to see where they’re at.

5 hours ago, Zammo said:

Recent vintages of Quintet under Sam Middleton have become more open at release, so are drinking well from younger (compared to John Middleton wines of the 90’s and early 00’s). At the tasting, the 2010 & 2013 were both drinking beautifully. The wet year 2011 is just holding on, and I wouldn’t hold any longer - that said, for an off year wine, it is still a lovely Quintet. The 2014 & 15 are both classic years, but are approachable now with the potential to improve with some secondary development. I’ll be opening some mid 90’s quintets over summer - will be interesting to see where they’re at.

Cheers for that.

I have some 2009 Reflexion but not the good stuff, will keep any eye out for for a 10 or 12🍷

My brothers birthday, and a few quiet ones at his house.

The Kiwi Chardonnay and the Margaret River Cabinet stole the show.

Suckfizzle was amazing, plenty of life left and quite the bargain really.

The Napa Bordeaux blend was all about new American oak and while gratifying was somewhat simple, disappointing for the money but will likely shine with another 10 to 15 years.

72C031FE-581B-4D8C-BB9F-710DE459B315.thumb.jpeg.38071c0b6219c9549af4a95ff084ba55.jpeg
1B4757EC-984A-4FA3-B637-E0673C77D542.thumb.jpeg.19f208edb95932a1bcf8fe04c62d41f7.jpeg

That’s a seriously good Chardonnay that Mates Vineyard - my reference in fact.