andythiing

currently drinking

Have a been a bit lazy of late not posting up...

Was a good dinner, got to pop my Cros Parantoux cherry which was pretty epic. Theme was 9's vintages.

Was at Est. PDR as a last swansong before they close. (Friday night and place was only half full says a lot)

Latour was a 59, and the wine in the glass was it. (Amazing wine)

Didn't get photos of all of them...

Salon 1999
Cristal 2009

Dauvissat Les Clos Chablis Grand Cru 2009
Raveneau Clos Chablis Grand Cru 2009

Trimbach Clos St Hune Vendages Tardives 1989

Emmanuel Rouget Cros Parantoux 1er Cru 1999
Dujac Echezeaux Grand Cru 1999

Chateau Latour 1959
Chateau Cos D'Estournel 1989 (Corked/TCA)

Roberto Voerzio 'Riserva vecchie viti dei Capalot e delle Brunate' Barolo 2009 (Magnum)

Vega Sicilia Unico 1999
Penfolds Grange 1999

Penfolds Bin 707 1999
Clonakilla SV 2009

Decades9-1.jpg

Decades9-2.jpg

Decades9-3.jpg

Decades9-4.jpg

Decades9-6.jpg

Edited by Rockford

1 minute ago, Rockford said:

Have a been a bit lazy of late not posting up...

Was a good dinner, got to pop my Cros Parantoux cherry which was pretty epic. Theme was 9's vintages.

Was at Est. PDR as a last swansong before they close. (Friday night and place was only half full says a lot)

Latour was a 59, and the wine in the glass was it. (Amazing wine)

Decades9-1.jpg

Decades9-2.jpg

Decades9-3.jpg

Decades9-4.jpg

Decades9-6.jpg

Christ on a bike!!! 
Now that’s a meal and drinks. 

13 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

Christ on a bike!!! 
Now that’s a meal and drinks. 

On two bikes.....    @Rockford..... nice work, cerebral lineup...:thumb:

Firing up the charcoal grill and on cooking duties for Mrs Mendes tonight.

In need of one or two cooking beers and have the Volnay breathing away in a decanter for dinner.

D5F1C526-1599-4687-B8CB-7A51F8FFEA3B.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Firing up the charcoal grill and on cooking duties for Mrs Mendes tonight.

In need of one or two cooking beers and have the Volnay breathing away in a decanter for dinner.

D5F1C526-1599-4687-B8CB-7A51F8FFEA3B.jpeg

I thought of you 

image.jpeg

Edited by Mendes

It has probably been evident from todays posts, but at the moment I'm sampling three or the four beers I put down for Christmas (home brew). My favourite so far is a cheeky American style Pale Ale. But I also have a Dark Ale and another Pale Ale. I have been experimenting with mixing The Dark Ale with the Pale Ale, and with the American Pale Ale.

I haven't finished my full appreciation yet, but so far the dark ale with the pale ale is a winner.

20191203_171347.jpg.a9016cac883ed1a6fc238d0e1b728ffe.jpg

interesting, like a beer cocktail?

I'm sure there will be those from the "don't mess with it" camp - but hey you're making it so do as you please, let us know what you call the winning combo's 

I'd post a more comprehensive evaluation, but Jack is insistent that he wants he wants to watch more puppy dog videos...

I'm phoneless so can't snap a pic of yet another low rent wine to off set the ambrosia that is on regular display here.💯

It's a very cheap-ish Rutherglen Durif  from that eternal optimist Mick Morris or one of his descendants.

2nd glass says it's good with char grilled lamb cutlets that have soaked in a pool of basil/chilli/lemon/macadamia oil/pepper mish mash in a bowl for a few hours (while I establish that a pineapple IIPA from some weird place in the North Island of Nzed is actually dishwater masquerading as hipster beard stiffener) and then religiously burnt on the char grill so we can advance the theory that charred fat on a steak or a lamb chop or cutlet is both delicious in the extreme and far from being cancerous is actually life affirming.

So there😉

1 minute ago, Neo said:

image.jpg

Nice, one on my favs....🙏🙏

Not as posh as most here but just came back from the Gold Coast and had fun times at the Hard Rock Cafe with there long island iced tea  2 for one deal...

received_2776924209014053.jpeg

you seem to have solved that age old drinking problem of 2 hands but only one mouth

welcome to the north 

yep that time again - Martini!

first mix I've done with this Laceys Hill "Moreton Sunrise" botanical 

2:1 against the vermouth, stirred over decent single ice ball, glass well chilled

truly next level -  yummo! 

aqISXqfRkqt87KBPn3AHawbWZ-goO2IT80LJDjTg

Edited by wasabijim

I think this is one of the best value Shiraz wines. FFAC34CD-78A6-49E2-8B0A-D0F94DBC69AD.jpeg.01155096b2de6a7f9bdf496474933434.jpeg

Edited by PKay

11 minutes ago, The Fez said:

^^ That'd be at least $100.. that bottle wouldn't it?

No it’s the entry point hilltops Shiraz. About $30 bottle. 

A quaffer from Dan's @ $28. If you like you Syrah (shiraz) big, rich soft and fruit sweet then look elsewhere. And maybe buys some Beats headphones from Jb Hi Fi on the way :cool:

Feral, game and animal notes amid an exotic spice background and a firm yet pliant tannin backbone. Very good concentration and will respond to a good decant. There is a hint of Brettanomyces yeast influence but it is part and parcel of the whole shebang. A good introduction to Rhone Valley Syrah.

IMG_4641.thumb.JPG.711d6b749d4b8788857eb3cd616cb931.JPG

40 minutes ago, DRC said:

Beats headphones from Jb Hi Fi on the way :cool:

Grabbed my Beats headphones earlier today, as catching up with an old buddy who loves them big, rich and sweet ....so pulled this one out to drag along for him.

He is a big fan of the style......😎🍷🍷👍

06E2F082-C249-41A8-A82C-C928773E2DF4.jpeg

D588DF78-433B-4C13-A2DA-3256221D3889.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Grabbed my Beats headphones earlier today, as catching up with an old buddy who loves them big, rich and sweet ....so pulled this one out to drag along for him.

He is a big fan of the style......😎🍷🍷👍

06E2F082-C249-41A8-A82C-C928773E2DF4.jpeg

D588DF78-433B-4C13-A2DA-3256221D3889.jpeg

I'm so jealous.😭

I have nothing to offer in exchange😭

I have a fantastic story to tell about Rick Stein and our Pewsey Vale 14 bucks a bottle Cole's is getting out of them so yes I'll have every single bottle you have out the back... And fresh school prawns and the French Catalonia style Croquette's fried in panko breadcrumbs and a creamy béchamel sauce that I just served up.

But that would take too long(sighs of relief!)

And besides I'm still on the Pepperjack (after the Pewsey of course) but I'd like some 'Old Bastard' all the same.

Nothing wrong with Pewsey Vale Riesling...

2 hours ago, DRC said:

A quaffer from Dan's @ $28. If you like you Syrah (shiraz) big, rich soft and fruit sweet then look elsewhere. And maybe buys some Beats headphones from Jb Hi Fi on the way :cool:

Feral, game and animal notes amid an exotic spice background and a firm yet pliant tannin backbone. Very good concentration and will respond to a good decant. There is a hint of Brettanomyces yeast influence but it is part and parcel of the whole shebang. A good introduction to Rhone Valley Syrah.

Will have to give it a spin, cheers🍷

3 hours ago, DRC said:

thanks for the heads up - I'll have a look at it next week when I pop in to buy some beers.