15 hours ago, vinilink said:

I have 1996 Penfolds wines which I may open sometime this year. 

Edit: actually I have few bottles of 1993 Grange and 1994 St Henri Magnum yet to open them.

16 hours ago, dwbasement said:

Best to judge it yourself mate.

Since you have a few cases, drink a bottle every half a year and see. 

On average I consumed a bottle in two days. A typical week, 3 to 4 bottles drained, and that is just by myself.
If my siblings and friends visiting, that modest figures grows exponentially....

I buy in bulks too but still I kept ran out those of my fav. The temptation to resist is extremely challenging for me to refrain...., along with financial adequacy servings such needs?!
Hat off for you both really! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrating 34th wedding anniversary today. Took the day off to cook for princess given we are still wearing masks ,so why go out when I can cook up a treat at home and wine list is cool.  

Our Annual Wine of the Year dinner was last night. Everyone brings a wine they think could be a contender....8 of us were in attendance and we held this at Aria restaurant, a 10 course degustation mat

Xmas lunch with the family, could be a magnum sort of day...??   Merry Xmas fellow wine lovers.....????

Rewards of patience, I put them away and I leave them in boxes no labels just numbers (keep a wine list) that stop me from seeing them (especially the red caps haha). 

In saying that I still drink them earlier, it is interesting to taste a wine as it aged.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Happy Mother Day.... 

My obligations were fulfilled (last night) in advance...

Cooling down with what was discussed with under-age St Henri....

P...,Please forgive me! 😋

E396766C-994C-44AC-A60A-06F9F8249CBC.jpeg

• Like 6
4 hours ago, AccuMagi said:

On average I consumed a bottle in two days. A typical week, 3 to 4 bottles drained, and that is just by myself.
If my siblings and friends visiting, that modest figures grows exponentially....

I buy in bulks too but still I kept ran out those of my fav. The temptation to resist is extremely challenging for me to refrain...., along with financial adequacy servings such needs?!
Hat off for you both really! 

Amen!

Beautiful Pinot Meunier Champagne from a very small biodynamic producer.

Perfect way to celebrate and appreciate the amazing work that mums do! And of course a lamb roast😉

ABAEE0CB-6A14-4A43-A699-91EFF2FF967F.jpeg

• Like 7
19 hours ago, mtf said:

Chardonnay on the left is from Grand Cru Nedlands/Mt Lawley and @$28 it’s pretty sharp buying

Forgive my ignorance, but is that an upmarket 'cleanskin' direct from the bottlo?  I don't quite know of an equivalent thing in Vic, but it makes sense👍

Who would have thought you could get pretty good Margaret River Chardonnay for sub $20- ......worth hunting down.

The Clonakilla showing well at 10 years young...🍷🤟🤟🤟🤟

1D67056D-D824-494F-9F3B-25503CEDD22A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Who would have thought you could get pretty good Margaret River Chardonnay for sub $20- ......worth hunting down.

Buying advice always appreciated here👍👍👍

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, tripitaka said:

Forgive my ignorance, but is that an upmarket 'cleanskin' direct from the bottlo?  I don't quite know of an equivalent thing in Vic, but it makes sense👍

Hi Tripitaka, it is a cleanskin only available from this bottle shop unfortunately, from what I believe is one singled barrel that didn’t make the cut for the Art Series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mtf said:

Hi Tripitaka, it is a cleanskin only available from this bottle shop unfortunately, from what I believe is one singled barrel that didn’t make the cut for the Art Series.

Thanks!!

...and given that the Art series chardies are over $100 bucks then that probably is sharp buying 🙂

17 minutes ago, mtf said:

Can more be procured Mark?

1 hour ago, Mendes said:

Steve!! Been there back in Jan! 
got three cases... Mrs loves them too

DADB9B8A-1D8B-4503-978D-90F5624A3138.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, AccuMagi said:

Steve!! Been there back in Jan! 
got three cases... Mrs loves them too

DADB9B8A-1D8B-4503-978D-90F5624A3138.jpeg

Is Borat serving you? How awesome!

🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Can more be procured Mark?

We’re definitely some left the other day, I’m going to get a few more next time I go that way, only 490 bottles I think

• Like 1

Just lowering the tone for a short  moment, this 2018 MR cabernet was pretty decent buying at around 10 bucks last year

Edit: my mum doesn't drink so I'm kicking back after driving her up to Kyneton for a nice lunch together

IMG_20210509_193545.jpg

Edited by tripitaka
  • Like 3
17 minutes ago, tripitaka said:

Is Borat serving you? How awesome!

🤣

Gold 😂😂😂

• Like 1

One of numerous Mother's day tipples today, very nice drop and I'm not even much keen on bubbles! 

20210509_141048.thumb.jpg.c222d10600b9fc729cd3437fa9da7425.jpg

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, evil c said:

One of numerous Mother's day tipples today, very nice drop and I'm not even much keen on bubbles! 

20210509_141048.thumb.jpg.c222d10600b9fc729cd3437fa9da7425.jpg

Great Tas bubbles Clive, nice work 🥂🤟

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Great Tas bubbles Clive, nice work 🥂🤟

Wife, SIL and son liked it, I barely got a sip! 😒

• Like 2