It'll be you and me and we'll get drunk writing it, you watch.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Annual Wine of the Year dinner was last night. Everyone brings a wine they think could be a contender....8 of us were in attendance and we held this at Aria restaurant, a 10 course degustation mat

Lunch at Scotchmans Hill Winery with the family. Large glass of 2019 Pinot Noir followed by the 2018 Shiraz.  

Talisker 10 Single Malt Whisky - 45.8% alc. Isle of Skye, Scotland.

1 minute ago, Luc said:

It'll be you and me and we'll get drunk writing it, you watch.

I’m up for that......

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Hoist the mainsail, here I come
Ain't no room on board for the insincere
You're my witness, I'm your mutineer

I was born to rock the boat
Some may sink but we will float
Grab your coat, let's get out of here

Long ago we laughed at shadows
Lightning flashed and thunder followed us
It could never find us here

Long ago we laughed at shadows
Lightning flashed and thunder followed us
It could never find us here

I was born to rock the boat
Some may sink but we will float
Grab your coat, let's get out of here
I'm your mutineer

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mtf said:

Some good ones there. The Meadowbank winemaker also makes some cracking Gamays under his Dr Edge label. Had a bottle of his Oregon gamay the other night, very impressive. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chaddy said:

Some good ones there. The Meadowbank winemaker also makes some cracking Gamays under his Dr Edge label. Had a bottle of his Oregon gamay the other night, very impressive. 

Peter Dredge makes great wines, I have quite a few of his Chardonnay and Pinots, must try his Gamay, cheers for the reminder Chaddy.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, mtf said:

Peter Dredge makes great wines, I have quite a few of his Chardonnay and Pinots, must try his Gamay, cheers for the reminder Chaddy.

I tried a couple of bottles of his Oregon Pinot last week and it's a pretty smart wine, extremely well priced given its from the US of A and all that....

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mendes said:

I tried a couple of bottles of his Oregon Pinot last week and it's a pretty smart wine, extremely well priced given its from the US of A and all that....

Will hopefully pick up a few of those myself today

Drinking another budget wine tonight - i know, who ever would have guessed 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, this is quite a nice GSM at the cheap end of the spectrum, maybe I paid a bit under $15... tho I wouldn't really swear to that.

But don't despair, one night I'm really gonna show u guys and break out something amazing haaaaaaa 👍

42209D5D-4B1B-41EE-965A-79D6C6FD151E.jpeg

Edited by tripitaka
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, tripitaka said:

I paid a bit under $15

I gave up buying Grange in the late 70s when it got to $15 a bottle.  Oh, how the value of money has changed over time.

[Still have 5 from the early 70s and one from the 60s.]

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, aechmea said:

I gave up buying Grange in the late 70s when it got to $15 a bottle.  Oh, how the value of money has changed over time.

[Still have 5 from the early 70s and one from the 60s.]

As a matter of interest, what vintages?

A day off work today and have found myself on cooking duties, no worries.... have wine will cook.

Full on Oz vino tonight.... hope I can still spin some records later....

Btw....seriously great Oz fizz here folks......

0310DDE5-330A-4194-B99E-D4E30BCFA116.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Cloth Ears said:

As a matter of interest, what vintages?

66, 70, 72, 74 (2), 75

4-ish years ago I bit the bullet and decided to drink (with my 2 buddies and my son) all of the old stuff that I had been keeping for "good".  All of the Burgundies have gone, all but 3 Bordeaux (Latour, Palmer, Coutet) have gone and 6 Grange have gone (68, 69 x 2, 71 x 2, 72).  Still got some Portuguese VPs from 63 and 77 plus some Coonawarra cabs (Lindemans and Wynns) and some Hunter reds and whites (Mt Pleasant) from the 80s.  59 bottles in total from last century.  All bought pretty much at the time in dollars of the day.  The prices seem cheap now (Latour $21, Palmer $18.95, Coutet $11, Quinta do Noval '63 $13 etc) but they were relative to other suff at the time where current vintage Hunter's were $2 - $4 and wages were low too.

It's been 50 years of fun though and still time left to drink the other 1400 .... maybe.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, aechmea said:

66, 70, 72, 74 (2), 75

4-ish years ago I bit the bullet and decided to drink (with my 2 buddies and my son) all of the old stuff that I had been keeping for "good".  All of the Burgundies have gone, all but 3 Bordeaux (Latour, Palmer, Coutet) have gone and 6 Grange have gone (68, 69 x 2, 71 x 2, 72).  Still got some Portuguese VPs from 63 and 77 plus some Coonawarra cabs (Lindemans and Wynns) and some Hunter reds and whites (Mt Pleasant) from the 80s.  59 bottles in total from last century.  All bought pretty much at the time in dollars of the day.  The prices seem cheap now (Latour $21, Palmer $18.95, Coutet $11, Quinta do Noval '63 $13 etc) but they were relative to other suff at the time where current vintage Hunter's were $2 - $4 and wages were low too.

It's been 50 years of fun though and still time left to drink the other 1400 .... maybe.

He who can.....does 🙏🍷🍷👍

26 minutes ago, Mendes said:

A day off work today and have found myself on cooking duties, no worries.... have wine will cook.

Full on Oz vino tonight.... hope I can still spin some records later....

Btw....seriously great Oz fizz here folks......

0310DDE5-330A-4194-B99E-D4E30BCFA116.jpeg

I should try some more Arras - we don't drink much fizz - but, great reviews (and medals and trophies) all of the time.  I am on the "members" list at Bay of Fires so easy enough to get.  Next order, maybe when the 2019 Pinot and Chardy are released.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, aechmea said:

66, 70, 72, 74 (2), 75

My dad had to give up drinking towards the end (turns out it was liver cancer along with everything else, so not surprising) and so he missed out on a couple of good drops. So if you need any help (after the borders open) then you just need to let me know...😉

Edited by Cloth Ears

Staying in tonight, rigatoni with sausage and peas and in need of cooking wine......cleaning up the fizz from last night and time to give this Ba Ba a spin, 16 a strong year from Piedmont and surrounds....Salute’

FFA7FA21-82E0-4784-BD21-88709F6643E8.jpeg

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Staying in tonight, rigatoni with sausage and peas and in need of cooking wine......cleaning up the fizz from last night and time to give this Ba Ba a spin, 16 a strong year from Piedmont and surrounds....Salute’

FFA7FA21-82E0-4784-BD21-88709F6643E8.jpeg

I hope to Be Ba Ba bops along nicely.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

My dad had to give up drinking towards the end (turns out it was liver cancer along with everything else, so not surprising) and so he missed out on a couple of good drops. So if you need any help (after the borders open) then you just need to let me know...😉

Haha thanks - I'll keep that in mind. 

My father died last year and my mother this year, of just about everything but they weren't drinkers.  I sometimes wonder whether one might just as well drink to the very end.  Hmmm.

Sorry - all a bit macabre ... back to normal transmission ...

Finishing off tonight's bottle with family; Coldstream Hills Chardonnay 2016.  Strongly flavoured enough to go well with pork and mango chutney.  Bugger, too busy typing and missed the last bit and the bottle is in the bin now - you will just have to trust me.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Always wanted to try a Japanese whiskey , finally bought one on a splurge buy 

image.jpeg

i may get death threats after this but 🇯🇵 & 🇦🇺 whiskey is the only thing i drink these days. It’s that good!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, misternavi said:

i may get death threats after this but 🇯🇵 & 🇦🇺 whiskey is the only thing i drink these days. It’s that good!!!

Check out the difference in colours 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Brother of Mendes has a birthday coming up over  next few days, so an early start as we are known to do in our clan.

Happy birthday Bro..🙏🙏

451872D5-F6F0-4833-9CAD-08FF0E003516.jpeg

4E5A54C3-93B2-4555-8142-E2D7DB39BCBB.jpeg

8000636D-189A-4BD9-A26D-30668F0A830B.jpeg

• Like 7

I'm too lazy to take a pic but I'm relaxing with a Taylors' Jaraman 2016 after some chilli prawns I cooked up for the Handbrake .

Actually, Steve, I've got some new lumps of wood in the listening room, Italian walnut to be exact. Now as long as don't spill the Jaraman all over them...

IMG_20201002_202938335.thumb.jpg.0ef5e9bbd889036469e96333891ad1ad.jpgIMG_20201002_202908604.thumb.jpg.6625820578ceffaee7150c3485f9f954.jpgIMG_20201002_203006569.thumb.jpg.da26a2517ca00122aa78abb42ae168dc.jpg

Aren't they lovely

Edited by Luc
  • Like 5
9 minutes ago, Luc said:

Actually, Steve, I've got some new lumps of wood in the listening room, Italian walnut to be exact. Now as long as don't spill the Jaraman all over them...

Very nice Lee, are they Sonus Faber by chance and more importantly.....how do they sound.

Cheers...🍷🍷🙏🙏

27 minutes ago, Mendes said:

how do they sound.

Still listening in a very limited way(TT, I have cart problems and the U-Beaut streamer is  being reloaded with TB's of dsd and flacs when I get time so it's basically spotty at the moment)

SF? No, The latest iteration of the Chario stable.

• Love 1