Jump to content

andythiing

currently drinking

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, mtf said:

Had a crack at whipping up a veal Braciole tonight with these gorgeous drops 🍷 

32B93DD2-A0AF-4845-BDB9-EFE245874FB5.jpeg

Never knew Huon Valley has a winery or wineries, I should check out Chatto Pinot. Huon would be a good region to grow Pinot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vinilink said:

Never knew Huon Valley has a winery or wineries, I should check out Chatto Pinot. Huon would be a good region to grow Pinot.

It’s a lovely Pinot by Jim Chatto, his Isle Pinot is the next one I want to try, this is particularly hard to come by though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mtf said:

It’s a lovely Pinot by Jim Chatto, his Isle Pinot is the next one I want to try, this is particularly hard to come by though.

Thanks for a tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lazy Sunday begins here.....

779768EF-82FF-4BE9-8CBD-F148BA3D911B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Looking at a couple of pinots yesterday and today.

 

Both very different and both very nice........

 

 

DA76F815-E6CD-4A46-B4D1-63C4979E8BF1.jpeg

A6FAA615-95E4-4450-906F-20F354CDB78D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpg

 

image.jpg

Edited by Neo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incoming..............Current release Sami Odi, very excited :x

Sami Odi ..JPG

Sami Odi.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Incoming..............Current release Sami Odi, very excited :x

Sami Odi ..JPG

Sami Odi.JPG

Very exciting indeed Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 08/05/2019 at 5:03 PM, Mendes said:

Incoming..............Current release Sami Odi, very excited :x

Sami Odi ..JPG

Sami Odi.JPG

I am tempted to open one of my Little Wines - but feel free to do so first and let us know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2019 at 1:06 AM, vinilink said:

Thanks for a tip.

 

On 05/05/2019 at 12:47 AM, mtf said:

It’s a lovely Pinot by Jim Chatto, his Isle Pinot is the next one I want to try, this is particularly hard to come by though.

I have had one of the Isle - and put the rest away for a long sleep ....very serious stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pops9745 said:

I am tempted to open one of my Little Wines - but feel free to do so first and let us know :)

Stay tuned,, will definitely look at one once they are rested from the travel....:thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2019 at 4:41 PM, Mendes said:

Looking at a couple of pinots yesterday and today.

 

Both very different and both very nice........

 

 

DA76F815-E6CD-4A46-B4D1-63C4979E8BF1.jpeg

A6FAA615-95E4-4450-906F-20F354CDB78D.jpeg

I've had a the Coates a few times - what's your thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, A J said:

I've had a the Coates a few times - what's your thoughts?

 

I am a big fan...The 2012 Reserve Syrah, The Nebbiolo, The Pinot are all excellent. In fact the whole range punches well above its weight.

 

🍷🍷👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pops9745 said:

 

I have had one of the Isle - and put the rest away for a long sleep ....very serious stuff.

I will get one somehow 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mendes said:

Stay tuned,, will definitely look at one once they are rested from the travel....:thumb:

I could not wait. Beautiful, fragrant, fruit forward but not flabby - nice integrated tannin. Smooth (as much as I hate that word).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pops9745 said:

I could not wait. Beautiful, fragrant, fruit forward but not flabby - nice integrated tannin. Smooth (as much as I hate that word).

Hope you bought more.....:thumb:

 

It's a wine I am really excited to try...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


44 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Hope you bought more.....:thumb:

 

It's a wine I am really excited to try...............

Just a six pack - this is better than last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pops9745 said:

Just a six pack - this is better than last year.

I’ve managed to get one so far, the hunt continues  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out for dinner with Mrs M

 

Serious love for this Cannubi, it’s a beaut!.

 

The South NZ Chard is pretty handy...

 

 

 

6D8D7A80-50FD-4DF4-AC00-055B0F99EA2B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, A J said:

FridayIMG_1557489415.705880.jpg

Way to go !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Royal Bermuda Yacht Club. Classic island cocktail. Demerara rum, falernum, lime juice and orange curaçao. Bloody delicious.

1e05e09aa80a5f1125db183263db7d5e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother gave me a 9 years old bottle for Fox Creek Shiraz.  Can be aged up to 2026! It had been forgotten at work and no one wanted it.

 

This got about a 95 in a wine book I have. It tasted like a 95 extremely rich  and intense. A stack of fillings at the bottle but you should expect that. I think these days they are about $70 a bottle. In the day about $36. 

 

If you want a stunning red and don’t mind the price try it. It takes a few sips to get use to it but once you over that it’s a pleasure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Cold nite in Sydney...

Best you get warm Dennis.....a single malt beckons with some tunes..:thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...