andythiing

currently drinking

On 03/04/2019 at 11:30 AM, Zammo said:

This vintage seems to be garnering a bit of support as one of the finest Chardonnays ever produced in this country. Anyone tried it yet? I’ve snuck a few bottles in the cellar, but will probably crack one soon to see what the hype is about.

5c03d23dfda951d3f17cc46945776277.jpg

Tried this yesterday and what a thing of beauty this is.

Purchased a sneaky bottle but got thrown under the bus by my son as soon as Mrs MTF got home, sheesh, no secrets around this house I tell ya 🙄

Grazing through these over the last three nights or so, felt like a few shirazi.

The John’s Blend can go hide for a few more years before I revisit.

The Gimp is coming along really well, that was a treat and I’m looking forward to the few more I have stashed away.

Mt Pleasant is so vastly different to the others and to me was much better on the second and third night but still a lovely wine.

The new Luke Lambert is the absolute bomb and @$40 it is well worth tracking down , I will definitely be grabbing more of these puppies 🍷🍷

9E098A09-B1FB-42C2-866F-216F905AD856.jpeg

Casual Friday drink...not bad after a few years.
Another 6 weeks will be homeless...still haven't found a place yet.20190405_214537.jpeg

On 05/04/2019 at 7:31 PM, mtf said:

Grazing through these over the last three nights or so, felt like a few shirazi.

The John’s Blend can go hide for a few more years before I revisit.

The Gimp is coming along really well, that was a treat and I’m looking forward to the few more I have stashed away.

Mt Pleasant is so vastly different to the others and to me was much better on the second and third night but still a lovely wine.

The new Luke Lambert is the absolute bomb and @$40 it is well worth tracking down , I will definitely be grabbing more of these puppies 🍷🍷

9E098A09-B1FB-42C2-866F-216F905AD856.jpeg

Can't imagine the Mt Pleasant is anywhere near ready yet - no wonder it tasted better on nights 2 and 3. Where did you buy it?

11 minutes ago, pops9745 said:

Can't imagine the Mt Pleasant is anywhere near ready yet - no wonder it tasted better on nights 2 and 3. Where did you buy it?

Absolutely nowhere near prime time to open.

It was from The Liquor Shed in Jandakot, only a few of these left but a good stash of Rosehill 2014 available at time of purchase.

Tried this yesterday and what a thing of beauty this is.
Purchased a sneaky bottle but got thrown under the bus by my son as soon as Mrs MTF got home, sheesh, no secrets around this house I tell ya [emoji849]

Good to hear. I have half a dozen, so will crack one soon to see where it’s at young.

1 hour ago, Zammo said:

Good to hear. I have half a dozen, so will crack one soon to see where it’s at young.

Look forward to your opinion zammo👍 

Scored this fantastic gift today, absolutely rapt!!!

F8A8AD84-DE4D-482A-A064-DDEE3CB0B81D.jpeg

On 04/04/2019 at 10:53 AM, Rockford said:

Casual, organised at the last minute catch-up with a few mates.

LaLa was WOTN.

gpd-1.jpg

gpd-2.jpg

gpd-3.jpg

gpd-4.jpg

gpd-5.jpg

gpd-6.jpg

gpd-7.jpg

gpd-8.jpg

gpd-9.jpg

gpd-10.jpg

Your mates were very fortunate. 

How did a month off feel [mention=110771]A J[/mention]?  

Pfffft ... can’t see what the fuss is about frankly and I missed out on some great vino opportunities - I’ll just slap myself next time I have that ridiculous thought pop into my head.
AJ

2 minutes ago, A J said:

Pfffft ... can’t see what the fuss is about frankly and I missed out on some great vino opportunities - I’ll just slap myself next time I have that ridiculous thought pop into my head.
AJ

Haha😂😂 that’s the spirit 👍

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 9:02 PM, mtf said:

F8A8AD84-DE4D-482A-A064-DDEE3CB0B81D.jpeg

A nice St-Emilion, and a very nice Code 38. I have tire-bouchon envy.

F8A8AD84-DE4D-482A-A064-DDEE3CB0B81D.thumb.jpeg.f445e5014c9931ca7795d028a5a8f9e5.jpeg

Didn’t last long haha

4 hours ago, DRC said:

A nice St-Emilion, and a very nice Code 38. I have tire-bouchon envy.

It was you Sir that posted about these creations quite some time ago and they definitely piqued my interest at the time. As a result I hinted and hinted, well maybe kinda nagged, and then finally, finally she got me one haha.

So cheers for another great heads up Duane. 🍷👍

3 hours ago, A J said:

Didn’t last long haha

Got a good 9 hrs out of that bottle 😉

Hump day and out visiting my mate at his Japanese restaurant.

Not exactly sure if 2003 was a classic from the Barossa, but this is drinking amazing at 16 years young.

Great beer also and the sushi rocks....

8DC1C112-6672-4037-84F7-75BA3D934853.jpeg

Don’t think I’ve come across this closure before🤔

9114D48E-25D7-44FD-B46E-EC20418E2077.jpeg

It looks like a Vinolok. Technically a very good closure although expensive. It will be interesting to see how these wines age.

you WA Stereonetters and your Barolo/Nebbiolo obsession... I hear Steve added a few good bottles of SA Nebb to the cellar recently.

I might start adding Brunello di Montalcino posts soon just to widen the Italian theme. Every bit as good as Barolo.

44 minutes ago, DRC said:

It looks like a Vinolok. Technically a very good closure although expensive. It will be interesting to see how these wines age.

you WA Stereonetters and your Barolo/Nebbiolo obsession... I hear Steve added a few good bottles of SA Nebb to the cellar recently.

I might start adding Brunello di Montalcino posts soon just to widen the Italian theme. Every bit as good as Barolo.

Yes, very keen to try them when they arrive............excellent timing for Easter drinks:party.....

57 minutes ago, mtf said:

Don’t think I’ve come across this closure before🤔

9114D48E-25D7-44FD-B46E-EC20418E2077.jpeg

I have been quite smitten with Brezza's 2016 Neb, quite the bargain for the money and as always improves with the 5 hour decant if you can fit it in.

54 minutes ago, DRC said:

you WA Stereonetters and your Barolo/Nebbiolo obsession...

Ha ha.............I blame you and that Prunotto :emot-bang::party

On 10/04/2019 at 10:00 PM, Mendes said:

Hump day and out visiting my mate at his Japanese restaurant.

Not exactly sure if 2003 was a classic from the Barossa, but this is drinking amazing at 16 years young.

Great beer also and the sushi rocks....

8DC1C112-6672-4037-84F7-75BA3D934853.jpeg

Very good. BTW do we have a specific "food & wine" thread. whereby we share our experiences of wine we have tried with food either dining out or cooking at home? -- or is this the best place?.. 

1 minute ago, The Fez said:

Very good. BTW do we have a specific "food & wine" thread. whereby we share our experiences of wine we have tried with food either dining out or cooking at home? -- or is this the best place?.. 

This thread would work, keeps it bubbling along.

Sounds good. Be good to see more food involved...I mean surely we aren't all just opening bottles and drinking the stuff on its own........ :D:D:hiccup