11 minutes ago, vinilink said:

@Mendes I am curious, how many bottles of wine are you going through per week/month?🙂

So much wine....but so little time......one does what can...🙏🍷

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Annual Wine of the Year dinner was last night. Everyone brings a wine they think could be a contender....8 of us were in attendance and we held this at Aria restaurant, a 10 course degustation mat

Talisker 10 Single Malt Whisky - 45.8% alc. Isle of Skye, Scotland.

Xmas lunch with the family, could be a magnum sort of day...💪🍷   Merry Xmas fellow wine lovers.....🙏🎄🎄🎄

9 minutes ago, Mendes said:

So much wine....but so little time......one does what can...🙏🍷

That's a very fortunate situation to be in! I 😂

2 minutes ago, vinilink said:

That's a very fortunate situation to be in! I 😂

A double edged sword ....

but one does what one can.....Enjoy every sandwich....🙏🙏

No pics this time as it didn't come in a bottle. Got a growler of Mornington Peninsula Brewery's "Cabin Fever 2" (as it's only available out of the keg). Same Belgium Tripel base as the original Cabin Fever (which might possibly still be available in cans), but this time aged in a whisky barrel instead of a cognac barrel. And it's pretty obvious that the barrel wasn't empty...aside from the 10.9%abv, it's also got some fairly strong whisky flavour along with the tripel. Delicious!

I've still got another bottle (from one growler, I bottle two longnecks and get a full 500ml glass) for later on this week.

Who needs wine, when you can have BEER!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, misternavi said:

Trifon Estate Family Reserve. Started early today.

C2F703C1-64C8-4B95-A474-FB6EB81BBD60.jpeg

Yes, you do take photos....good ones!! :thumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtf said:

Wine from Valtellina and smoked pizza tonight, happy with that🤙

4F46970A-FAB5-49B1-B413-F87B0EC3EBF5.jpeg

Great Nebbiolo from the North of Italy......Alpine flower aromatics...👍👍

Looking at SA v WA Cab Sav tonight, both tasty , more detailed look tomorrow night.....a bit of fun.

BC1C21ED-33A2-459A-9527-91151605DBBA.jpeg

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Looking at SA v WA Cab Sav tonight, both tasty , more detailed look tomorrow night.....a bit of fun.

Great drops, I really like the Jack Mann, pity they up and left the swan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtf said:

Great drops, I really like the Jack Mann, pity they up and left the swan

Big difference in price here, but the Wynn’s is looking good.

More details tomorrow.......🙏🍷

• Like 1

Nice! You've reminded me - I think I've got one of these (similar vintage) and a Mt Ida of about the same age. I'll have to have a search of the cellar before the weekend...

12 hours ago, PKay said:

Unearthed this little beauty to have with some takeaway Paella tonight. 

739D402F-4C1D-4BC9-9C6B-BF4C43EA9A23.jpeg

Edited by Cloth Ears
  • Like 1

another night another cab sav.

This was left behind after I had to photograph it. (can't show the main images yet as it still waiting to be published)

Very light wine. Complete opposite to an Australian Cab Sav.

1346_0125.jpg

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, misternavi said:

How was it?

Truly fabulous, but then I am a big fan of this wine. Complex flavours with tannins integrated. I’m guessing that this wine could live on for a lot longer. 

a little bit left over for tonight. It will be very difficult to share. 

• Like 2

Ah! Italian for 'fancy beer', eh? Must be warm there in Sydney - I'm going to have to go for something a lot heavier and warming in Melbourne this afternoon!

2 hours ago, dwbasement said:

Early start as office having a day off today.

20200703_121528.jpg

A warm day today, my boss is Italian so Italian lunch, beer and some wine. 

Will move back to oz wine this afternoon at mate's place and some tunes. No surprise if there will be some Italian snacks....as he is also Italian...haha

59 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

A warm day today, my boss is Italian so Italian lunch, beer and some wine. 

Will move back to oz wine this afternoon at mate's place and some tunes. No surprise if there will be some Italian snacks....as he is also Italian...haha

Be careful Dennis, you have started very early....:hiccup:thumb:xD...... looks like a big day out..... still at work here in the West

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Well well..... we are waiting for a couple to breath so have to open something to fill the gap first haha

20200703_162107.jpg

Ha ha.... Giddy up......:thumb:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dwbasement said:

Well well..... we are waiting for a couple to breath so have to open something to fill the gap first haha

Ha! - I happened to be just reading about Chateau Tanunda this afternoon,  relating to the recent history - after Penfold, when the South African John Geber bought the property over the phone back in 1998 I think...Has anyone tried any from the 150 year old vines? The Semillon and red blend??? 

I remember visiting the winery many moons ago, drinking sparklings back in the day there... Hey but I remember meeting Grant Burge and Ian Wilson at Krondorf Wines back in the day!! -- Anyone care for a Chablis? :wink::hiccup

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, The Fez said:

Anyone care for a Chablis? :wink:

Soon, once i escape the office........Kampai :thumb:🍸

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Fez said:

Ha! - I happened to be just reading about Chateau Tanunda this afternoon,  relating to the recent history - after Penfold, when the South African John Geber bought the property over the phone back in 1998 I think...Has anyone tried any from the 150 year old vines? The Semillon and red blend??? 

I remember visiting the winery many moons ago, drinking sparklings back in the day there... Hey but I remember meeting Grant Burge and Ian Wilson at Krondorf Wines back in the day!! -- Anyone care for a Chablis? :wink::hiccup

I have tried their 150 year old vines before... nice.

• Like 1

A few wines I had with friends at a Chinese restaurant last week. Don't know much about them but they tasted ok.

61486468900__2AF459B5-5815-4B74-9210-3407C961E9C3.thumb.JPG.2135775861917597e1231bd14d493e30.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, DRC said:

A few wines I had with friends at a Chinese restaurant last week. Don't know much about them but they tasted ok.

61486468900__2AF459B5-5815-4B74-9210-3407C961E9C3.thumb.JPG.2135775861917597e1231bd14d493e30.JPG

Yeah right....🙏🍷

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, DRC said:

Vino Mofo?

• Haha 1
On 01/07/2020 at 9:24 PM, Mendes said:

Thanks for reminding me that I have 6 pack of 1995 Jack Mann stashed away. Yet to try it a bottle! 🙂

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DRC said:

I think so. Part of a $100 mixed dozen :lol:

A birthday present? About that time DC.......

3 minutes ago, vinilink said:

Thanks for reminding me that I have 6 pack of 1995 Jack Mann stashed away. Yet to try it a bottle! 🙂

Tis very fine.....fine indeed

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, DRC said:

The photo looks like more of wine tasting session doing a reviews than a dinner at a Chinese restaurant. 😉

• Like 1