andythiing

currently drinking

Ok sort of a new thread - seems appropriate to me - at least tonight!

Got this today at my local - they had 5 bottles of this 1.5 litres of 1999 Rymill Coonawarra Merlot Cabernet Franc Cab Sav - and the price you ask only bloody $24 - I only bought one bottle thinking it must be past its best - I am a complete ****head!!!!!!!!:P

[ATTACH]6626[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6627[/ATTACH]

Hi Anythiing,

Funny you mentioned Rymill, as I was going to have Rymill 1997 Cab Sav but had a cool Grande Chimay instead since the temp rosed above 30+ here in Melbourne. I must say though, I'm a big fan of Rymill, especially their Merlot.

[ATTACH]6628[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Michael.

Currently drinking far too much all grain homebrew :P

Tried a Carpineto Chianti Classico 2006 ($20-ish), best avoided. Had one glass while cooking, finished another glass whilst eating and listening.

I like Chianti and Tuscan wines in general, this one was not good.

Edited by DRC
typo

Currently drinking? Keg Port.

I have a 9 litre wooden port keg, which I must admit I've neglected for a while. When I checked it the other day, I found that it was nearly empty. The small amount of port in the bottom had become concentrated to a syrupy texture. Tasted very good though.

Now, its not a good thing for port kegs to become empty, as the timber can dry out and shrink. So, I took a trip to the Barossa Valley on the weekend and popped in at Kies winery to get some of their bulk tawny port. I refilled the keg last night, leaving the syrup in the bottom to blend in with the new. Initially there were a couple of small leaks, which probably means the wood had started to dry out a bit. The leaks stopped after a couple of hours, though, so all is ok.

So, am sampling the port as I am typing this, and it is tasting very good indeed. (Must be time for a refill.)

buny rum and bundy ginger beer, im telling myself its good for my chest infection.....

Well, not currently (it's only 7.59am) but very recently

re_shiraz05.jpg

Nice!

:cool: ALF

.... not to mention

632931742715613789.JPG

Also very nice

:cool: ALF