DIY Speaker Cable

Rolo

Used Canare 4s11 star quad  http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=65

Sourced from Puresonics Strathfield NSW Very helpful and friendly Cost for cable $8/m

Used to run 8m speaker cable run from power Amp situated cose to TT / peamp etc and  away from speakers

Anyway Canare 4s11 is one single 4 core cable 4 x 14 AWG for stereo (or run two separate cables for biamping) / high quality copper / four core linen? inner wrap

Use highest quality connectors you can get / essential and Expandable PET Braided Cable Wire Sleeving / optional sourced via ebay (cheap as chips) put it all together with heatshrink. I use standard 60/40 lead/tin solder, I have read all the hype about lead free silver/copper solder and to me it looks like it all started with European requirements for lead free solder in commercially produced electronics. And seen the hype about cold soldering / crimping. I have been tinkering for years and lead/tin solder has served me perfectly

Anyway after all this I cant hear the difference between this DIY solution and my "high" priced bought cables. (3m ZU Audio LIBTEC) which by the way I am not

unhappy with, they are very good and a marked / audible improvement over standard twin core ie "Monster Standard" which I was using a couple of years ago. And yes the rest of the system is "up there"........so its fair to compare and recommend.

Have recommended Canare 4s11 to people building new houses for built in wiring of home theatre or better. The cost is virtually the same as using 2 / twin core 14AWG as generally used by sparkies who dont know any better. Nothing wrong with twin flex for this often midfi use just better options out there.

P1070021.JPG

P1070022.JPG

P1080028.JPG

P1080032.JPG

P1080035.JPG

• Like 1

Used Canare 4s11 star quad  http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=65
Sourced from Puresonics Strathfield NSW Very helpful and friendly Cost for cable $8/m
Used to run 8m speaker cable run from power Amp situated cose to TT / peamp etc and  away from speakers

Anyway Canare 4s11 is one single 4 core cable 4 x 14 AWG for stereo (or run two separate cables for biamping) / high quality copper / four core linen? inner wrap

Use highest quality connectors you can get / essential and Expandable PET Braided Cable Wire Sleeving / optional sourced via ebay (cheap as chips) put it all together with heatshrink. I use standard 60/40 lead/tin solder, I have read all the hype about lead free silver/copper solder and to me it looks like it all started with European requirements for lead free solder in commercially produced electronics. And seen the hype about cold soldering / crimping. I have been tinkering for years and lead/tin solder has served me perfectly

Anyway after all this I cant hear the difference between this DIY solution and my "high" priced bought cables. (3m ZU Audio LIBTEC) which by the way I am not
unhappy with, they are very good and a marked / audible improvement over standard twin core ie "Monster Standard" which I was using a couple of years ago. And yes the rest of the system is "up there"........so its fair to compare and recommend.

Have recommended Canare 4s11 to people building new houses for built in wiring of home theatre or better. The cost is virtually the same as using 2 / twin core 14AWG as generally used by sparkies who dont know any better. Nothing wrong with twin flex for this often midfi use just better options out there.

P1070021.JPG
P1070022.JPG
P1080028.JPG
P1080032.JPG
P1080035.JPG

Tidy! I like it!

Guest scumbag

I've been trying to pluck up the courage to dress up some SLIP 14/4 cable. I have the fabric sheath, boots and shrink wrap plastic. I even bought a heat gun. I think I should get off my ar*e and do it!

Guest scumbag
30 minutes ago, Supratik said:

I'm new to SNA and Hi-Fi

This looks amazing. Have to start reading up on how to achieve this since my Power-Amp is coming.

Thanks for the motivation. 

What amp' are you getting? 

Guest scumbag

The Muse Model One Hundred looks like a very tube like amp'. May I suggest that you get a listen to one of Nelson Pass' First Watt amps, if you ever get a chance?

Mark

Muse: Tube like it is; And also very refined like the First Watt amps (have heard both of them in US). Only  greater in Power.

I dont find any Australian store carry Muse products. How sad. Í want to avoid buying from US and then play around with Step-Down Transformers. 

I let you in on a secret, I am even unable to find their website to communicate with them.

Whew!!!!!