Sony Vs JVC advice

Guest jakeyb77

That's a good idea. Are the bulbs that expensive ? And how long do they last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in Australia $500 to $750 for either. I bloody love the JVC colour and Blacks and even the eshift works well and the DLA. The JVC will be interesting. Just sit tight bud and see how it pans out. But budget for the x7500 or x9500 the x5500 may disappoint.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Guest jakeyb77

Having said that when I broke my Sony projector I went back to my $600 Benq and took the $5500 insurance payout and put it in the bank. :party

15 minutes ago, abadran said:

Ok will keep that in mind. Was hoping someone was using it currently and not having any issues

I have read people are using jvc 5200 without issue for gaming,

12 minutes ago, Hatlesschimp said:

I wouldnt buy a sony at the moment. Lamps are expensive in both brands/models. Epson 5040ub is cheap for bulbs and good with gaming.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

the sony also have the degrading panels...so more reason realy dont want to be cranking up the hours gaming,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abadran said:

Might have to get a used jvc. Thank you for your comments. Certainly brings another perspective.

in used jvc the x35 as mentioned had a pretty low input lag and quite useable for both first person and car racing and off variety of sources, from xbox to sony ps3/4 models used with it. so can recommend :)

lamps are lamps...likely any used one you get will be over 1000 hours by now given age of the unit. but half life of these lamps are now quoted in the excess of 3000 so should have plenty of life. you can buy generics, but there are a lot of chinese fakes copies etc on likes of eBay so i would be careful a lamp physically blowing in a projector these days will pretty much be the end of it given the expensive fix vs cost 2nd hand.

• Like 1

I have an X7000 available if your interested.. [emoji4]

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I am not ready to buy it yet as I am starting my build now so will be a while before I need it.