Oracle Delphi Parts HELP!

So,

We have a partly finished project of a MK1 Delphi Turntable with a nice arm, a killer cartridge and all the other bits pretty well in very good nick. This was to be my next turntable to upgrade from the "budget tables" I've been used to, but we've hit a snag with the speed controller board being damaged and struggling to repair it or replace it with something else...

Wondering if anyone might have any parts lying around or another one with other parts broken that could serve as a doner machine (for a fair price for both parties of course :P), or possibly could point me in the right direction on how to proceed...

If we were to look into the later motor upgrade kits, do these come with a new speed controller circuit or are the originals designed to serve them all??

Cheers in Advance!

Dan

I'm not sure the story there but he's tried building a new one unsuccessfully, so I'm sure theres a good reason... He's given up after about 1000hours of time wasted on it (can't say I blame him) but If I can find a buggered doner table it might make everything better :P

I understand its the original Papst DC motor assembly.. I got a response back from oracle, definitely no original type parts available but I got a copy of the Schematics for the thing so fingers crossed we can build a new one now.. 

If anyone needs a copy give me a shout 

• Like 2

Guest rondine

You can drill the rivets out and dismantle the motor. There are more parts inside the case. Check the motor coils are not open circuit.

ron

ANY Delphi should be given a new lease on life. If you give up on it, let me know. I can't stand to see old classics on the scrap heap? I'll resurrect it if it kills me.

In the end, while it probably isn't the best iteration of the Delphi, it is still a lot of turntable. 

Guest rondine

Might be worth checking Jaycar. Many years ago they sold these motors.

Also used by Sota, Oracle Alexandria and a Harman Kardon with Rabco tonearm.

ron

On 12/28/2016 at 6:32 PM, Telecine said:

Oracle offer a complete upgrade at what is no doubt a significant cost.

Origin Live kits are available and they might be your best bet. They do involve replacing the motor however.

http://www.originlive.com/oracle-delphini-motor-power-supply-replacement.html

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi 

I have a delphi 1  speed is intermittently going crazy.

Need to have the Papst motor looked at..

Thought I might try and chase up the schematics and find someone to do a rebuild.

I'm located on the South Coast ,NSW.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Alex

On 28/12/2016 at 8:58 PM, Gremrock said:

I understand its the original Papst DC motor assembly.. I got a response back from oracle, definitely no original type parts available but I got a copy of the Schematics for the thing so fingers crossed we can build a new one now.. 

If anyone needs a copy give me a shout 

If possible ,due to my Mk1 papst motor now playing up ,sometimes just goes to fast,

Schematics would assist getting rebuilt, looking also for someone in Sydney that could do the rebuild.

Regards

Alex

• 4 months later...

Hi All

I have a delphi any luck in finding a solution regarding the motor. Mine "works" but doesn't control speed and seems to flutter. I don"t want to go the full upgrade route. Anyone got an old motor lurking about ?