Sign in to follow this  

In honour of the passing of the person who was famous for being famous, Zsa Zsa Gabor, the other day I watched one of her movies, the salaciously titled "Queen of Outer Space". Oh my goodness, this 1958 movie is a must watch. A pearler. For its time it was possibly at the cutting edge of the womens' equality movement with its positioning of women in sensitive and fully developed roles. The dialogue is dated yet rather witty with subtle digs at the motivations that underlie relationships. In fact I had to watch it twice to better appreciate some of the subtlety. A warning, the ending is a bit of a tear jerker. I fully recommend this movie. Oh, and while the movie is written around a science fiction plot, this should be seen only as a method to explore the nuance of global politics of the time. Do give it your attention.

I think she would have been pleased with the certain style to go at age 99 after marrying 9 times.
One of my favourite Zsa Zsa quotes:
"I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house"

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Guest guru

Tell the truth, I would have thought Eva would have floated your boat more given the similarity you share with Eddie Albert. Dapper man about town, bonding with the rolling green acres, common touch with the trades and locals and a demon wiz around the house and nurse looking glamorous in evening wear.

as for zsa zsa, sad way to go with a feeding tube down your throat for the last 5 years, no glamour there.