Sign in to follow this  
rockeater

Donation of a dead KSS-151A anyone?

IMG_5909.JPGI am fixing this Esoteric transport and am in need of a flex ribbon cable for the Sony KSS-151A mechanism.

I am posting here hoping that someone might have a unit with dead laser that they are willing to donate so I could salvage the flex ribbon.

The transport in in otherwise great shape but I am unwilling to spend hundreds on a new laser assembly at this stage, as I am not sure if further fault(s) do not show up ahead.

Cheers

Roman

Edited by rockeater
pic added

Perhaps the same post in WTB section, to get more exposure?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rockeater
      Price: $799 Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: WANNEROO WA State: Western Australia Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Have 30 CD Players and another Esoteric P-700 Further information: 
      FULLY SERVICED
      This unit is a well known transport featuring VRDS CD clamping and KSS-151A magnetic drive, friction-less laser mechanism.
      Additionally, it has been modified to be controlled by Deltec Deltran DAC which injects its clock and synchs the two together.
      Second picture shows the Toslink cable that brings the clock signal to the transport.
      Naturally, this transport can be used standalone, just like any other transport and with any other DAC.
      Last 3 pictures show the mod - the black box which houses high stability XTAL used when player works standalone on its own and interface with the main board.

Below is the info I received from UK owner of such transport/DAC setup:
      "I have one of these P-500 the extra circuitry is a DELTRAN mod.  The optical lead plugs into a stock DELTEC DAC and the DAC takes over the control of the Transport, giving a noticeable improvement in clarity, image and definition, moving the P-500 into another class. 
      The Deltec Dac I have is called the Bigger Bit it has a port marked Deltran and a on/off toggle switch (not to be activated when the mains are on).
      So you can compare with/without Deltran mod. My Dac is working fine since 1993 so it is very reliable. All surface mount components.
      The Master clock resides in the DAC so it doesn't have to interpret what the transport is doing and hence the signal is processed without interpretive time errors when it reaches the DAC.
      This mod cost £395 in 1993 and P-500 Transport £650. I think I paid less for Mod in Australia. 
      It says in addition it appears to bring out the near-analogue warmth that has been lacking in Deltec converters. I have a full range system majoring in Vinyl and I consider the CD replay excellent."

Photos: 

And here is a link to the uTube video where you can see it in action and being put through the paces.
      It reads tracks with interruption in data layer of 1.5mm and black lines painted on the surface of over 2mm (the Red Book standard is 0.9mm)
      Solaris Technial uTube channel - Esoteric P-500 with Deltec Deltran mod
    • By rockeater
      Item: Sony KSS-151A mechanism - (faulty, with no laser or otherwise unserviceable but with flex ribbon cable in good condition)
      Price Range: low or free
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: I am repairing this Esoteric P-500 transport which has damaged mechanism ribbon cable and need a donor mechanism.
      I would also be interested in CD players - preferably not working - to reduce the price to the cost of shipping...
      CD players that contain one are:
      AIWA XC-007 AKAI CD-73 AKAI CD-93 DENON DP-S1 DENON DCD-1500 Mk II DENON DCD-1520 DENON DCD-1560 DENON DCD-1600 DENON DCD-1610 DENON DCD-2560 DENON DCD-3500G DENON DCD-3500GL DENON DCD-3500RG DENON DCD-3520 DENON DCD-3560 DENON DCD-S1 SONY CDP-222ES SONY CDP-222ESD SONY CDP-227ESD   SONY CDP-228ESD SONY CDP-338ESD SONY CDP-505ESD SONY CDP-507ESD SONY CDP-508ESD SONY CDP-608ESD SONY CDP-910 SONY CDP-R1A SONY CDP-R3 TASCAM CD-401 TASCAM CD-401 Mk II TASCAM CD-601 TASCAM CD-701 TEAC P-500 TEAC P-700 (ESOTERIC) TEAC VRDS-10 TEAC VRDS-10SE TEAC VRDS-15 TEAC VRDS-20 TEAC VRDS-25 TEAC VRDS-25X TEAC VRDS-25XS TEAC VRDS-50 TEAC ZD-900