Lebowski’s HIFI and matching carpet

some recent photos of the Sansui G-6000. This one arrived from the U.S packaged in little more than a layer of cardboard with part of the faceplate exposed. I have no idea how it didn't get damaged in transit. It needed a serious detail and clean so I stripped it down and spent hours bringing it back to look like new. It is in incredible condition and I will have it serviced and recapped one of these days to complete the restoration but for now it sounds fantastic, has loads of power and a great FM tuner.

what kind of idiot packs an item like this, in such a shoddy way like that, for an international postal trip?

Crazy. Just glad it arrived OK.

It was the crappiest packaging job I'd seen. I suspect the seller did not want to spend time or money packing it properly as I scored it for a song.

Hi Dude, I had Earle make my Time Machine without the handles, I could never have got my fingers around them anyway. Picture of my setup attached. All questions answered. Nick

You have a sweet looking system there Nick. The Time Machine looks great without handles, I love the minimalist look of it. I sold mine and bought one of Earle's Topaz KT120, love it.

That Time Machine with the Zu's must sound incredible, I would love to hear that combo one day.

• Like 1

W H A T ! ! ! Sold the Time Machine? Why oh Why man ?????? Mine is going in the coffin with me, unless my sons take a sudden interest in decent music. My mate reckons the two Zu's put base to base make up a coffin shape LOL. Cheers Nick

• 1 year later...

thought it time for a quick update on the current system/s. Recent additions include - YellowTec PUC2 USB/SPDIF Converter, TDA1543 Battery DAC and a Bakoon 12R Amp. Now using Amarra 3.0 for digital playback instead of Audivarna.

post-105944-0-06750700-1420344329_thumb.

• Like 9

Update to my system, apart from moving house - now i have a larger room, it was time for a home made rack. Its so solid it never moves, parts cost $200 for everything bar the timber - i already had that in strips so i joined two across the width and cut to size plenty of room for anything on this creation. The beauty of using threaded rod is you can adjust the shelf height to suit your equipment - not just when you make it but after wards for upgrades :) You an see i spray painted the gal rods and nuts after assembly, I did not like them in gal once assembled, obviously better to paint them before assembly & touch up after assembly.

post-108216-0-43291900-1420675271_thumb.

post-108216-0-95550500-1420675307_thumb.

post-108216-0-24425400-1420675347_thumb.

Edited by Soul Superfly
  • Like 2

Lebowski,

Interested to see you have to Bakoon, did you end up buying one or is that a picture of the loaner?

Also is that a KT120 I see?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the 12R from a SNA member just a few weeks ago. I did have an 11R on loan about a year or so ago, loved it and always wanted one. And that is an Earle Weston - KT120 Topaz, I've had that for a while now after selling the 300B Time Machine.

Update to my system, apart from moving house - now i have a larger room, it was time for a home made rack. Its so solid it never moves, parts cost $200 for everything bar the timber - i already had that in strips so i joined two across the width and cut to size plenty of room for anything on this creation. The beauty of using threaded rod is you can adjust the shelf height to suit your equipment - not just when you make it but after wards for upgrades :)

attachicon.gifIMG_2422.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2423.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2424.JPG

Nice system and nice Rug

• Like 1

I bought the 12R from a SNA member just a few weeks ago. I did have an 11R on loan about a year or so ago, loved it and always wanted one. And that is an Earle Weston - KT120 Topaz, I've had that for a while now after selling the 300B Time Machine.

Nice setup.

I ended up going back to the Topaz as well and I was tempted on the same Bakoon amp you bought. [emoji4]

• Like 1

Nice setup.

I ended up going back to the Topaz as well and I was tempted on the same Bakoon amp you bought. [emoji4]

Yeah the 300b is such a nice Amp but ultimately I found it a bit limiting with music choice. The Topaz KT120 is a good compromise and I really dig listening to it, great drive and tone. The Bakoon is different again, so much detail and air, just a sweet sounding 15 watts with plenty of control and grip.

• 4 months later...

system update now with Audio GD SA-2. Going USB from Mac Mini and it sounds good to me.

RP3 in action for this photo ... hmmm I could really get into vinylpost-105944-143374758184.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

so my OCD got the better of me and I had to remove the paper labels that were on the DAC's transformers. Have added an Audioquest Jitterbug between MacMini and DAC, I think it's provided some improvement in separation and space. The USB32 with TCXO is already very good, enough for me to sell my Yellowtec PUC2 converter.

Tempted to try a Curious USB Cable but not convinced it will make much improvement in my system.

post-105944-0-17179700-1459233301_thumb.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

been a few changes to the system over the past few years and thought it was time to share some photos.

Latest purchase was the RME ADI-2 which is sounding absolutely wonderful with the rest of my gear.

Got rid of the MacMini for a Bluesound Node 2i - love the simplicity, stability, and ease of access to streaming and files on HD. 

Picked up the Mach Ones a few months ago as NOS in original boxes, they are powered by the Sansui AU-717 and sound pretty good for a 70’s budget speaker. Still have my WLM Diva MkII Monitors as main speakers with Bass Control unit between speakers and Weston Acoustics Topaz KT120.

6451117D-AD8C-440B-9B1C-7F8029F8CCD3.jpeg

80AD5549-B7BB-4867-8519-A7F51EEF108C.jpeg

C1F4936F-9144-4155-9B4D-77F65753E83B.jpeg

536743C5-8A1F-4BB2-ADCF-D1EFD2BBBF1D.jpeg

Edited by lebowski
add info
  • Like 6