Battery Based Audiophile Beyond

and then things went totally out of control as some dirt cheap stuff from CN turned up today

DMX RGB animated stage lighting HAHAHA, those rotating heads are, heavy and cool, this is fun !!! Slave together very nicely, now to get a terminal up and running with USB/DMX.
Have also 6 x to play with RGB PAR LED's

Going to give them a run for a day or 2 to check reliability and run through the functions. The PAR RGB is nice rolls over may colours and dead silent. The moving heads have fans roaring away so party use only for me.
Seemed fitting the lounge should get some RGB Lighting as I am a bit of a tragic 80/90's Disco nutcase like [mention=159635]Auracle[/mention] 
IMG_2225.JPG.ee83503820f63fb5636378601a19b047.JPG
.ad8f5d763ef44ed73f0f63be00d8b302.jpg

... was thinking there for a minute ... you are taking the education of a bunch of vegans pretty seriously, but now it's out - your personal secrets guys.

Let's hope your Moving LED heads don't get to share DNA with Max Headroom (just saw "The Fly" again the other day).

New DSP ordered

:ohmy:

3 hours ago, BioBrian said:

... was thinking there for a minute ... you are taking the education of a bunch of vegans pretty seriously, but now it's out - your personal secrets guys.

Let's hope your Moving LED heads don't get to share DNA with Max Headroom (just saw "The Fly" again the other day).

It's me Educating the Vegans, Brian, not the other way around, although I can eat veggies for a week, won't hurt me. Makes that egg and bacon roll and Ice Dare Coffee on the way home taste all that much better

That's what I meant Matt - you educating the vegans, and I thought you were going to disco them into a better way of seeing the world, but the hallucination was fleeting, and all mine. I have been wondering what selection of music they were going to experience through those lovely Twins. And thinking such a noble group of pacifists won't be threatening the integrity of your "grills" either!

New DSP sounds a lot more in control than that passive nonsense ;).

8 minutes ago, soundbyte said:

I might just have to quote you on that one Brian? :oops:

Was hoping it wouldn't be yet another of my lead balloons - sharp as ever, Russell!

But I do mean it - DSP would seem to suit this project well. Otherwise, 4th order passive for the Twins. But with the JBL XO thing unresolved, DSP would make it a piece of (zucchini) cake.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BioBrian said:

That's what I meant Matt - you educating the vegans, and I thought you were going to disco them into a better way of seeing the world, but the hallucination was fleeting, and all mine. I have been wondering what selection of music they were going to experience through those lovely Twins. And thinking such a noble group of pacifists won't be threatening the integrity of your "grills" either!

New DSP sounds a lot more in control than that passive nonsense ;).

Was going to smash them with some Steely Dan and Morf the Cat, some other stuff.

Hopefully I'll only run a test track or 2, balance of racket is to be live stuff

Riot protection doesn't need to be iron bars or anything too over the top

no drugs or alcohol 

I don't get notification with either @soundbyte or @BioBrian ' s posts so don't blame me if it's a day/week before I look at this thread :)

Hey Guys NEW TOOL in the rack, well almost, the photos are "the device I get" in commissioning on the bench. Is a bit more comprehensive than a miniDSP or DEQX or even 2 DEQX's and will do anything you can think of including run raw DSD into the USB port or I2s direct or, use the SPDIF output into another DAC for additional 2 channels (making it a 10 channel DSP) or Digital RIAA Pre Amp for Phono, FIR Filtering, bla, bla, bla

Quite a learning curve, but that's what it's all about, growing/learning pain. 

Mine.jpg

Mine 3 (2).jpg

Mine 3 (1).jpg

27 minutes ago, Upfront said:
1 hour ago, 125dBmonster said:
It's paid for and should have it very soon, maybe next week

Yes it is a Analogue Precision, Ultimate Pre Amplifier DAC, DSP, Pre

Ha! I was about to get into you for posting blurry pics again till I read this!

Is Ok, you can, when the new box of sparks turns up next week will take some more blurry photos of it with the top off again. 

Beautifully recorded...

But I can never get passed 1.45 when they "harmonies" start...

There are a couple of the "voices" are either sharp or flat...

And two me its like fingers nails down a chalk board...

The "husky voice style" of recording reminds me...

Of Eric Woolson voice in Turn of  friendly Card..

1 hour ago, Rob181 said:

Beautifully recorded...

But I can never get passed 1.45 when they "harmonies" start...

There are a couple of the "voices" are either sharp or flat...

And two me its like fingers nails down a chalk board...

The "husky voice style" of recording reminds me...

Of Eric Woolson voice in Turn of  friendly Card..

I'm the same, listen to the first part loud, then turn it down for the rest of the track

@125dBmonster

Just the name of it's enough to hyper-sensitize the vegans. "Shrunk the kids" eat your heart out!

The guys mixing had a good time. I couldn't get more than a couple of the words, though.

Found the thread on your new toy. It's going to take some time to work it all out (in 105 pages).

7 minutes ago, BioBrian said:

@125dBmonster

Just the name of it's enough to hyper-sensitize the vegans. "Shrunk the kids" eat your heart out!

The guys mixing had a good time. I couldn't get more than a couple of the words, though.

Found the thread on your new toy. It's going to take some time to work it all out (in 105 pages).

Ah, you noticed that Brian, haha good work Mate.

I have a few others up my sleeve, if Walt Disney can send subliminal messages so can I with the PA, the power of Music astounds me at times.

The new toy, yea, I am buying it because I'll never fully understand it, there will always be something to tinker with.

Have taken the miniDSP almost as far as I can and actually believe that the next step is mastering REW Room Wizard as that is where my EQ settings will be derived, particularly this group delay correction and fir filtering.

6 minutes ago, BioBrian said:

@125dBmonster 

Funny, if I were more passive by nature, I'd be all DSP by now ;).

Don't change Brian, I think I can speak for our "Tassie Mob"  that drop in from time to time, we like your system just the way it is. Don't change for the sake of it or to keep up with the Smith's.

:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

Now you can stop peddling Matty...:):)

was shocking, was running 144 p on Utube and it was buffering

all the photos had to shrink to 300Kb or they would fail to load and time out.

On 31/01/2018 at 8:27 PM, BioBrian said:

4th order passive for the Twins

What about the HP at 25Hz, 4 drivers. The only saving grace is the drivers are roughly 6 ohms, not 3

(massive components crikey would cost more than an Ultimate Preamplifier :fear: