Battery Based Audiophile Beyond

IMG_2270.JPG.a12d24986475765bfbd71215199664c3.JPG

Haha! I like your divider Matt. The cheeky things have a habit of gravitation towards each other at a great rate of knots!

I find this stuff handy.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/matting-non-slip-magic-stop-90cm-natural-2mag90nat_p6650114https://www.bunnings.com.au/matting-non-slip-magic-stop-90cm-natural-2mag90nat_p6650114

Generally these days I do everything one at a time to avoid it all together! 0c28de406a1148b7b56d7195f935e94a.jpg

3 hours ago, Upfront said:

Haha! I like your divider Matt. The cheeky things have a habit of gravitation towards each other at a great rate of knots!

I find this stuff handy.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/matting-non-slip-magic-stop-90cm-natural-2mag90nat_p6650114https://www.bunnings.com.au/matting-non-slip-magic-stop-90cm-natural-2mag90nat_p6650114

Generally these days I do everything one at a time to avoid it all together! 0c28de406a1148b7b56d7195f935e94a.jpg

Indeed.

Large magnets like these require respect when close together, can pinch a finger or damage each other.

Happy with the new tweeters, they came in good working order and measure the same for dB output for given attenuation and have very high value to me as a part of completing a set of JBL PRO Compression Drivers for the set of 3 horns that I have.

Next is to slowly put back together the center mid flare set, requiring at a minimum, 4 drivers a rear enclosure and a couple of metal brackets.

Might go active with these so the passive filters will get a bypass switch as hopefully the only modification from stock standard. 

Indeed.
Large magnets like these require respect when close together, can pinch a finger or damage each other.

Happy with the new tweeters, they came in good working order and measure the same for dB output for given attenuation and have very high value to me as a part of completing a set of JBL PRO Compression Drivers for the set of 3 horns that I have.
Next is to slowly put back together the center mid flare set, requiring at a minimum, 4 drivers a rear enclosure and a couple of metal brackets.
Might go active with these so the passive filters will get a bypass switch as hopefully the only modification from stock standard. 
I heard you say a few times about replacing the mids, what actually wrong with them? Are they the 8" compression mids or a more standard driver?

7 hours ago, 125dBmonster said:
Indeed.

Read more  

I heard you say a few times about replacing the mids, what actually wrong with them? Are they the 8" compression mids or a more standard driver?

Hi Linc, the mids are a fairly standard fair, dedicated mids with flat foam surrounds, 50mm coils from memory, re build kits from 

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/jbl-165h-aftermarket-recone-kit/

4 of the drivers in one of the flares, foam surrounds have been damaged and repaired with thin skim of silicone or something similar around the foam. Otherwise fine, don't rattle or anything.

Other flare looks like it was made a year ago, not a mark, drivers perfect.

Going to order the re cones and 1 new driver very soon. Once I know the re cones fit, re do the 4 dodgy ones.

Reason I will order a driver is if the re cone kit isn't right I'm not down the speaker set for real jobs in field (if they come) 

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

Makes sense. So your planing to do it before the gig then. Good move. Wouldn't want them flying apart when your giving them a flogging!

Oh, geez. 

Was going to run them as is

mmm ah well

Have little idea what to do with this thing either so might pack it back up and put it in the back of the cupboard for a while wait for better times. Least it's here.

Have a good one

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2274.JPG

Edited by Guest

Oh, geez. 
Was going to run them as is
mmm ah well

Have little idea what to do with this thing either so might pack it back up and put it in the back of the cupboard for a while wait for better times. Least it's here.
Have a good one
IMG_2275.JPG.183d1405e32a5f92fe8ac6043bbdd897.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG.2b5be402a6e33d4f9b214f59efe3a084.JPG
Doesn't sound like you mate. Everything ok?

6 minutes ago, BioBrian said:

Wha... No, no no, not the cupboard!

Feed me!

The last week has shattered any patients I have no peace and will need time to come right, not well.

(at least it's here not broken physically and looks nice not scratched or anything)

Catch everyone soon.

4 hours ago, Upfront said:
10 hours ago, 125dBmonster said:
Interfacing with the DSP a couple of PC/s
All fun, the lap top needs a buff up

IMG_2280.JPG.1ce81a38c19d21bc51ee5e814d85da56.JPG

Read more  

How's it looking Matt? Any screen shots of the interface?

Hi Linc. yes there will be, the Ultimate Preamplifier is an almost entirely different  Interface to the miniDSP so will take a "learning curve" to get a decent handle on it.

Have to sort out to start with a 2 way filter with graphic EQ on each filter band  to start with

Filter will be 28Hz HP to 200Hz/ 200Hz up, this would do the Festival Rig fine.

So utilising the 3 way passive in the JBL 4632M-HF for a start and work from there, slowly weaning onto additional channels such as Exidos sub Quartet as things move along.

Going to take a while, have a lot of Hardware things to accomplish first.

Purchased some 20mm metric all thread this morning for the amplifier road cases,  have a very nice cunning plan there. Everything comes in pairs !

Hi Linc. yes there will be, the Ultimate Preamplifier is an almost entirely different  Interface to the miniDSP so will take a "learning curve" to get a decent handle on it.

Have to sort out to start with a 2 way filter with graphic EQ on each filter band  to start with
Filter will be 28Hz HP to 200Hz/ 200Hz up, this would do the Festival Rig fine.

So utilising the 3 way passive in the JBL 4632M-HF for a start and work from there, slowly weaning onto additional channels such as Exidos sub Quartet as things move along.

Going to take a while, have a lot of Hardware things to accomplish first.
Purchased some 20mm metric all thread this morning for the amplifier road cases,  have a very nice cunning plan there. Everything comes in pairs !
Sensible steps are a good plan Matt. Good work as always.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Booker rod!

Sensible steps are a good plan Matt. Good work as always.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Booker rod!

Plan is 2 simple 3 shelf amp racks and make them taller as things progress.

:) should be tough enough to transport ok, strap the amps down with zip webbing

36 minutes ago, Upfront said:

Zip webbing?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cam-Strap-Tie-Downs-25mm-Webbing-12-3-68m-Bulk-Buy-Savings/132354459973?hash=item1ed0f0c945:m:mqJYP8kwju6zBm_c_zZ8Ikw

Pull over to stop an amp from jumping about (2 per device) , in worse case if the stand fell over these would go a long way to hold them place on their shelves.

It's the best compromise I can think of instead of racking the electronics, which to me is a little industrial looking.

• 2 weeks later...