Battery Based Audiophile Beyond

New lounge, looks peaceful, quiet and a great place to explore lots of media.
Fair way to go though [emoji4] but this is it so far 
Boom tish [mention=108814]davewantsmoore[/mention] Mate.
What is [mention=111049]Upfront[/mention] doing to his Azura Horns ? Making another set ? Or tart up ?

Just out of interest, I dont like trees and flammable materials around Building protecting its contents This one will be particularly fire proof  Tee Tree Bush line, may as well be turps impregnated fire wood, will take a brick home at 20m if a blaze.

IMG_4831.JPG.f3c45c46f3394c08137e444bba20a7a2.JPG
IMG_4826.JPG.e2094c8f84400182b3cc84e07d04023a.JPG

Thats more like it Matt! I see the fire place has already been moved into its appropriate location! Not close enough to burn the place down but close enough to warm your bum while enjoying the music! Nice one!
Horns are getting a tart up. Need new paint and polish so the silicon wont stick so the 3" horn loaded bookshelf can proceed!

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

Thats more like it Matt! I see the fire place has already been moved into its appropriate location! Not close enough to burn the place down but close enough to warm your bum while enjoying the music! Nice one!
Horns are getting a tart up. Need new paint and polish so the silicon wont stick so the 3" horn loaded bookshelf can proceed!

The old heater box will be installed with a flu kit inside soon, as the weather makes it necessary, just where it will be best not sure yet   hoping to graduate to a rocket heater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT1ZEfddio (pls ignore any US orientaion :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPbprpfQGVY This bloke likes cigars and acoustic guitar

Well done with the shed horn job the itch you need to scratch.

Good luck with the project from me watching on wide eyed. 

Workshop up and running in Hobart less than 12 months :) 

Edited by Guest

The old heater box will be installed with a flu kit inside soon, as the weather makes it necessary, just where it will be best not sure yet   hoping to graduate to a rocket heater.
 (pls ignore any US orientaion [emoji4] )
 This bloke likes cigars and acoustic guitar

Well done with the shed horn job the itch you need to scratch.
Good luck with the project from me watching on wide eyed. 
Workshop up and running in Hobart less than 12 months [emoji4] 

Ha! Yeah, time seems to run a little slower in Burnie![emoji13]
But then I didnt have to build the whole bloody thing!

Ha! Yeah, time seems to run a little slower in Burnie!emoji13.png

I don't mind if the time is a lot slower must be associated with listening to Devonport AM Radio 900 7AD, haha, will try hurry along the sound lounge a bit for you. Be wary if it  take less time than your shed horn speakers build :D, Slobart syndrome, Dave has it bad :hiccup

I don't mind if the time is a lot slower must be associated with listening to Devonport AM Radio 900 7AD, haha, will try hurry along the sound lounge a bit for you. Be wary if it  take less time than your shed horn speakers build [emoji3], Slobart syndrome, Dave has it bad :hiccup

Slowbart!!!! Brilliant! Haven't heard that one before!!!

Slowbart!!!! Brilliant! Haven't heard that one before!!!

Just watch out for it Mate.

Documented fact not many treatments for it once it takes

You know when the Mrs is gone, 10Kg goes on in a year.

:hiccup

That gentlemans heater build is cool mate. Ive always wanted the build a hypocaust. Recon Tassie would be a good place for one.

Yea, the gent's build is lovely. 

Having a clean up few things sitting around need to be tried, a couple of pre amps and a processor.

Processor (miniDSP Dirac) is a little intimidating as the system for intended use requires some work before this thing has a run, so probably back in the box with that one.

The Burson Conductor has only been for looking at with the lid off so far so getting keen to try out the DAC in this thing.

The Schit passive pre is perfect for an application with an FM Receiver and PC, no power required which means it's a keeper :) and will become a useful tool in an ultra conservative power miser system, if there is such a thing  

IMG_1281.JPG

Cnc?

Hand tools and pneumatic guns only. Cnc can't get into internal returns they are in aus but the finished product looks sterile and needs to be finished by hand which stands out like dogs b**ls. We use a profile saw for straight through work but it cant do drips, stooling and stone finishes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hand tools and pneumatic guns only. Cnc can't get into internal returns they are in aus but the finished product looks sterile and needs to be finished by hand which stands out like dogs b**ls. We use a profile saw for straight through work but it cant do drips, stooling and stone finishes.

Amazing work. Where is that block destined for?

11 hours ago, TOPSHELF said:

The principles haven't changed but some processes have.
The finished stone.20170206_151302.jpg

Jeez, big stuff cut to within a mm.

Amazing stuff !!!!!!! 

@upfront, surely CNC :) ?

The work is beautiful & no doubt will look fantastic...

Without in any way denigrating the work or the company that does it...

Why is this specified this as part of a hospital build & how does this expenditure aid the sick...

20 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

Why is this specified this as part of a hospital build & how does this expenditure aid the sick...

This is one of my (few) little personal bugbears...

<<start of rant>>

Maybe it is more of a preventative measure...prevent us from being "sick of it" (i.e. the building) in twenty years time and wishing we could pull down the eyesore and build another one.  Think strip malls etc. with their tiltwall construction and s.h.i.t.e. aesthetics...built to a price, not built to improve the value of the community nor even be pleasing to be inside but designed to be pulled down and re-constructed in a couple of decades.  I personally think a little more thought needs to go into buildings of the modern era to make sure they meet community expectations and long-term suitability to a task.

<<end of rant>>

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acg said:

This is one of my (few) little personal bugbears...

<<start of rant>>

Maybe it is more of a preventative measure...prevent us from being "sick of it" (i.e. the building) in twenty years time and wishing we could pull down the eyesore and build another one.  Think strip malls etc. with their tiltwall construction and s.h.i.t.e. aesthetics...built to a price, not built to improve the value of the community nor even be pleasing to be inside but designed to be pulled down and re-constructed in a couple of decades.  I personally think a little more thought needs to go into buildings of the modern era to make sure they meet community expectations and long-term suitability to a task.

<<end of rant>>

<<add to rant>>

After working in Building and Construction for the last 32 years I would have to agree with Anthony that we are re fitting Commercial and Domestic buildings at 20 or so year frequency, previous construction and services err mmmm birds nest full of cracks.

I blame it on the 70's when ranch board was the rage, I also lay blame on particle board and MDF is just $hit to the worst possible degree literally not lasting in function or a suitable durable substrate for construction or fit out . Not in the same league as solid cured timber,

There is a need for change.

<<end of add to rant>>

Photo of electronics with extended periods of working life, beyond a building re fit. They only all came together last week, finally after more than a year in planning and building

The stacks run warm and quiet. No problems.

Holton 6 channel and 3 Holton 3 x 250w, the retrothermonic "La Gitana" mm phono pre and a miniDSP 2x8 

Nominal rating of the Harbuch Transormer set, all 7, 4550Va

Nominal rating of supply's capatance, 1.6 farad 

10 channels bridgable to 8. 

All this hangs off a SMA Sunny Island 6 with 4.6Kw continuous mains ac with less than 3% THD of waveform at rating

and a battery :) 

Now to tweak the rest of the rig for a few years as they warm up.

IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1283.JPG

7 hours ago, TOPSHELF said:

It's not that big..... But yes we work to +/- 2mm and if it's out it ends up in "The Graveyard" that includes any chips or faults seen. No tannex here!

I can see the mechanism for a fork to fall over in that yard.

Those sorts of (literally) monumental undertakings with a natural product, like sandstone truly amaze me. 

Would love to check out the job you Guys are doing one day. Should last hundreds of years :) without a problem, built properly

7 hours ago, Rob181 said:

Agree, but at least the outside bits will last, and feed the workers Families that build it.

That's a fair thought about the expense it will take to restore it and last another 150+ years. For a tenth of the cost we could cut the moulds off flush to the brick work and the building inside wouldn't know the difference but the outside would look terrible.
Where do we stop then? Just think of all the beautiful sandstone buildings and schools within 10 blocks of the harbour bridge. If the government could charge 20c a photo per tourist it would pay for itself ten fold. Sydney is heavily dependant on the tourist dollar and it's magnificent land marks are a major attraction.

I can see the mechanism for a fork to fall over in that yard.
Those sorts of (literally) monumental undertakings with a natural product, like sandstone truly amaze me. 

Would love to check out the job you Guys are doing one day. Should last hundreds of years [emoji4] without a problem, built properly

Next time you are in Sydney 125db I'll take you around our yard personally it would be my pleasure. Thanks for letting me in on your thread, i too am in awe of the work you are doing it feels so right going forward on this planet.
The most destrctive product in my game is cement, it has no place being near a heritage building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOPSHELF said:

Next time you are in Sydney 125db I'll take you around our yard personally it would be my pleasure. Thanks for letting me in on your thread, i too am in awe of the work you are doing it feels so right going forward on this planet.
The most destrctive product in my game is cement, it has no place being near a heritage building.

Would be a pleasure to go to Sydney and walk the rocks, house and bridge and check out the local stone works :) cheers

Cement isn't so bad, good for making dams in Tasmania 

88215673.jpg