Battery Based Audiophile Beyond

Yes have had sandstone under all my gear, i rate it especially under speakers. A tt plinth wouldn't be hard, i wonder how it would sound?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've not seen it used. Every other type of stone except sandstone.

Interesting week.

Getting ready for the lift this week. digger tomorrow, crane Monday, weather dependant 

because the containers sit side by side hard up together a gasket of foam, 12mm thick 70 wide builders foam tape has been applied to water tight and not allow resonance between metal to metal and or all the gaps. 

painted all the stumps with bond crete and then grey paving paint

cut rubber heavy 10mm conveyor belt to support foot fall of corners and wall support 

Starting at 7 am in the morning to core fill the footings and create service adit.

@upfront, will take some pictures tomorrow ::) 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, TOPSHELF said:

:
That's a bit bigger around 5t. Sorry i tried to flip the pic.....

That is interesting, stone cutting

Have plans to use acoustic mass loading (to keep some bass in) in the form of an outer wall in timber and stone around the tin box (s)

6 hours ago, Upfront said:

Good luck with the lift mate

After starting at 6am, early for me, site is ready for the lift so first opportunity all the building will be together :party

Lift will be fine, today we placed an eight x eight meter bay, a foot deep of crushed al in rock road base under the crane, track rolled in ready to go.

Photos shortly if any interest

Notice.

The Mods will probably move this thread back to the showcase forum, which is fine.

Thanks all for interest

Regards

Doesn't look much but some time has gone in here.

The ground in the white stuff is particularly hard, like goats fore head in fact.

The stumps go down 500mm minimum and are at the least 450 x 450mm, center ones are 600 x 450 x 500mm. The quartz was literally chiselled with a jiant petrol jackhammer and grubbed out with the plumbers pot hole shovel. Quite alot of quartz went back into the concrete mix (done in a barrow :)) all 12 of em.

Surface bonded and painted .

Crane pad ready, 40 x 120m flat site almost ready for the big leveling job and top dress with screened blue metal

Existing road to be cut down to level as well as taking down the top perimeter drain about 1200mm for the entire top boundary. 

Just booked the 50 ton crane. :) 

Might kick back for a couple of hours, catch a nana nap and watch a movie.

Doesn't look much but some time has gone in here.
The ground in the white stuff is particularly hard, like goats fore head in fact.
The stumps go down 500mm minimum and are at the least 450 x 450mm, center ones are 600 x 450 x 500mm. The quartz was literally chiselled with a jiant petrol jackhammer and grubbed out with the plumbers pot hole shovel. Quite alot of quartz went back into the concrete mix (done in a barrow [emoji4]) all 12 of em.
Surface bonded and painted .
Crane pad ready, 40 x 120m flat site almost ready for the big leveling job and top dress with screened blue metal
Existing road to be cut down to level as well as taking down the top perimeter drain about 1200mm for the entire top boundary. 
Just booked the 50 ton crane. [emoji4] 
Might kick back for a couple of hours, catch a nana nap and watch a movie.

Recon you deserve a beer!

1 hour ago, TOPSHELF said:

Nice work! A hole is the only thing i know that gets bigger as you take more away. Enjoy those beers 125db.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks Mate !

Takes more to fill as it gets bigger :) There is 5 full barrows of cement mix in some of those.

Me too Mate, big day the crane lift, means roughly a quarter of the work is done. Pull up the gasgets tight with truck ratchet straps and weld the boxes together :party exterior and interior makeover will commence at that point err after I can make a few coins is a 2 sided build

@Upfront

The points on each pf the 8 corners of the containers for lifting or locating are proud of the outer steel box section, they will end up hard together  (weld there inch tac) with a result gap between the top box section steel (50 x 50mm) and the "C" sections at the bottom by 6/8mm. Weld 6 x 25 x 50mm tag at 3m intervals bridging gap. All gasless mig.

Top will seal Ok with the expansion joint foam tape at 10mm thick before compression, which I believe will need more than the weight of the containers side by side to squash it.

Bottom will have a gap between containers of similar 6/8mm and easy to flash over before floor cladding, to keep the spiders out :) 

[mention=111049]Upfront[/mention]
The points on each pf the 8 corners of the containers for lifting or locating are proud of the outer steel box section, they will end up hard together  (weld there inch tac) with a result gap between the top box section steel (50 x 50mm) and the "C" sections at the bottom by 6/8mm. Weld 6 x 25 x 50mm tag at 3m intervals bridging gap. All gasless mig.
Top will seal Ok with the expansion joint foam tape at 10mm thick before compression, which I believe will need more than the weight of the containers side by side to squash it.
Bottom will have a gap between containers of similar 6/8mm and easy to flash over before floor cladding, to keep the spiders out [emoji4] 

Sounds like it will be sealed up nicely. Looking forward to seeing the final results.
Will need photos.

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

Sounds like it will be sealed up nicely. Looking forward to seeing the final results.
Will need photos.

Will be a slow build, but around Christmas, might have something to show after putting a years earnings in and a few overtime hours and weekends, same as the last one.

New lounge, looks peaceful, quiet and a great place to explore lots of media.

Fair way to go though :) but this is it so far 

Boom tish @davewantsmoore Mate.

What is @Upfront doing to his Azura Horns ? Making another set ? Or tart up ?

Just out of interest, I dont like trees and flammable materials around Building protecting its contents This one will be particularly fire proof  Tee Tree Bush line, may as well be turps impregnated fire wood, will take a brick home at 20m if a blaze.

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG