Marantz CD-75 Mk2 Service Manual or headphone ALSP volume pot P/n

I am modyfying this CD-75 Mk2 with an extra DAC, balanced output and valve stage and it is basically finished but...

ALPS volume pot crackles and all attempts to revive had failed.

I need its part number and for that a service manual.

Anyone has it or can look up the pot?

it is green with MV 103A written on it and the body is 10mm square (miniature pot).

Two rows of 3 pins

Tried to look on ALPS web pages but they have thousands of pots, no detailed photos and one needs a part number to get anywhere.

Any help appreciated.

Will have to check.

Either that or

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/potentiometers/7293492/

On the spec sheet there is manufacturer part no explanation:

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/13ec/0900766b813ecf98.pdf

that I will have to study.

One way or another I owe you one.

I looked at Australian RS and Farnell and somehow did not get anywhere

19 minutes ago, rockeater said:

Will have to check.

Either that or

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/potentiometers/7293492/

On the spec sheet there is manufacturer part no explanation:

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/13ec/0900766b813ecf98.pdf

that I will have to study.

One way or another I owe you one.

I looked at Australian RS and Farnell and somehow did not get anywhere

I have 1200+ schematics and service manuals for Marantz products but alas no CD75 MKII

Edited by aasza

I too have this 6GB DVD of Marantz manuals and indeed CD-75 is missing.

I have made up a part number acording to the docs-europe document and what I want appears to be:

RK0971220-F15-C0-103A. But a search for this brings in predominantly Japanese and Russian sites.

Your suggestion of RS part  729-3492 with ALPS p/n  RK09712200MC appears to be the closes of the "Recommended" parts.

Recommended probably mean most commonly available and the difference is just in resistance curve; linear vs exponential as I would prefer.

But it matters not as no one will use this player's headphone output and I am only replacing it so that no one can say I am (too) sloppy and missed the pot that can blow you ear drums off.

Thanks again aasza, you are a really helpful soul.

If you are ever in Perth, send me a pm and I will buy you a beer or coffee and give you a bottle of the best WA red (that I have).

Cheers

Roman

P.S. I will post a photo of it shortly

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2016 at 9:35 PM, aasza said:

I have 1200+ schematics and service manuals for Marantz products but alas no CD75 MKII

Hi again,

Would you happen to have the Marantz CD-85 manual?

I looked everywhere online, on my Marantz CD with hundreds of manuals but it just cannot be found.

I have this player which someone else had a go at before (there are signs of re-soldering everywhere) and it keeps spinning the turntable motor from power on.

Naturally servo is out of kilter and it is not going to proceed any further.

Cheers

Roman

6 hours ago, rockeater said:

Hi again,

Would you happen to have the Marantz CD-85 manual?

I looked everywhere online, on my Marantz CD with hundreds of manuals but it just cannot be found.

I have this player which someone else had a go at before (there are signs of re-soldering everywhere) and it keeps spinning the turntable motor from power on.

Naturally servo is out of kilter and it is not going to proceed any further.

Cheers

Roman

The closest I can get is CD-84, I read somewhere that the CD85 was nearly identical to a Philips CD880 but the only service manual I can find for the Philips is in Dutch 

5 hours ago, aasza said:

The closest I can get is CD-84, I read somewhere that the CD85 was nearly identical to a Philips CD880 but the only service manual I can find for the Philips is in Dutch 

Thanks aasza.

I have these too. Also have German version which is a bit better than Dutch.

The CD880 does not look anything like CD-85 from the outside but apparently it is almost the same player.

• 1 year later...

The CD75 Mk2 only has a volume control on the headphone amp output. This is a miniature 9mm 10K log stereo pot with a 3.5mm dia flatted shaft. This pot is unobtanium - I have tried for years. 

However, I cut the flatted shaft off the old pot and then doctored a pot from Altronics and superglued the shaft back onto the new pot.

Edited by rherber1
omitted information