Jump to content

liteneasy

Great Buys on eBay Continued (Part 6) ...

Recommended Posts

On 8/12/2017 at 3:36 PM, Roumelio. said:

Bryston 4B NRB... It's at a pretty good price for a Canadian amp in Australia.

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bryston-4B-NRB-stereo-Duel-mono-Power-amplifier-Last-one-/172809475251?hash=item283c3f54b3:g:~esAAOSwT5xZTJae

 

 

Cough............  I think this should be posted to the 'other' eBay thread.  So many red flags........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, peterr said:

Cough............  I think this should be posted to the 'other' eBay thread.  So many red flags........

 

So many exclamation marks too !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
So many exclamation marks too !!!!!


It's in the vogue thanks to Trump and his tweets!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a pair of speakers from him a few years ago.

 

No problems at all. Did a local pickup with cash which he was happy to do.

 

He has some nice gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, peterr said:

Cough............  I think this should be posted to the 'other' eBay thread.  So many red flags........

ps    'not the least of which, it is to my eyes, a picture of a Sonics amp............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darryl said:

I bought a pair of speakers from him a few years ago.

 

No problems at all. Did a local pickup with cash which he was happy to do.

 

He has some nice gear.

Which advert are. You referring too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Which advert are. You referring too? 

 

The Bryston from desmondo2too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Here is the sellers response still doesn't make much sense ?

 

 

Hi, 
I wanted silver and they sent me black. The retailer didn t want to take them back because I had opened the boxes and it was 3 months after the purchase. Anyway i think I ha e a buyer thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2017 at 8:01 AM, Gruffnutz said:

 

Yep, 6 transaction record, from Indonesia. What could go wrong? 

I was hoping to get that response.  I thought exactly the same and it was started at $0.  I sent a message (for fun) - when I'm unsure of a list. Or it's a lot of money in question, I always ask the seller for extra pics.  Usually they're irrelevant, but I always ask for a pic that I know they wouldn't have also pinched from somewhere else.  I often ask if they can place something, like a beer or a hand or a record in the pic.  So I asked this seller if I could get a pic of the rear of the power supply - response was entirely predictable.  

"I'm in Singapore at the moment....."

what amazes me is how the bidding is cracking on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Here is the sellers response still doesn't make much sense ?

 

 

Hi, 
I wanted silver and they sent me black. The retailer didn t want to take them back because I had opened the boxes and it was 3 months after the purchase. Anyway i think I ha e a buyer thanks.

 

Ha that's funny.  He's outa there!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2017 at 0:23 AM, Muscat said:

These tweaked my bargain nodule but I'm not sure if they're any good due to the age...  Anyone have experience with these amps compared with modern valve amps?

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/E-a-r-509-Monoblock-Amplifier-/272807400595?hash=item3f84969493:g:qZMAAOSw8pVZk-kM

I sold a pair of these for $1500 about 10 years ago.

They were running a pair of Maggie 2.5R's. Sound neutral between SS and valve.So, fairly low colouration as they were designed for some pro use from what I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wimbo said:

I sold a pair of these for $1500 about 10 years ago.

They were running a pair of Maggie 2.5R's. Sound neutral between SS and valve.So, fairly low colouration as they were designed for some pro use from what I remember.

What tubes do they run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kab said:

What tubes do they run?

Can't remember mate, 509's maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×