Sign in to follow this  
Willmax

Yamaha NS-1000 best speaker stands poll

Yamaha NS-1000 best speaker stands poll  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, HiFi-Man said:

I have never seen an original speaker stand model for NS1000/NS1000M from Yamaha which places the speaker in slanting position. I believe all slanting position speaker stands were from other manufacturers / custom made ones / may be designed for other models.

The original speaker stand models from Yamaha matching for NS1000/NS1000M was Yamaha SPS500 & Yamaha SPS1000.

Yamaha SPS500 - Modern Kenrick design but a lean one.

Yamaha SPS1000 - Metal speaker stand.

The most expensive speaker stand from Yamaha during those days were Yamaha SPS-2000, but designed for big brother NS2000 speakers. And now they have got SPS-5000 for NS5000 speaker.

Spoke like a true Yamaha connoisseur :thumb:

3 hours ago, JPete9 said:

stands to reason that if no one else is doing it here and its marginal, i can do it, claim something superior on the forums and then i will win the internet?

I've looked online for stands for years for the 690s and they mostly seem to be inclined in the USA and they chat about it a lot on audiokarma. Could be just the result of easy to come by stands from JBLs or something. I think it looks nice for the 690. I'll be copying the SPS 500.

No i havent tried both, but i might give it a shot with the 690s this weekend - i'm home alone on Saturday night and was planning to try various heights so i can finalise the design for my new stands. If my mic arrives i'll try and measure the before and after.

Any reason to vary the design of the SPS 500? i dont think i'll bother making it adjustable and just stick with the 45deg for the centre piece?

I'd be watching with interest to see what you are going to come up with and sound comparison results.

4 hours ago, rantan said:

Indeed he could.

He could also make an outstanding pair of custom made stands should you so desire. This is what I would do if I had a pair of these speakers.

^Yes indeed it is on my wish list.

I made my stands to be about 31cm high which for my listening position achieves tweeter at ear level for NS690 and midpoint between tweeter and midrange at ear level for NS1000. 

5acb72c4a3631_YamahaM-2NS1000.thumb.jpg.abc7c22b48375220461802305965c131.jpg

7 hours ago, Willmax said:

I'd be watching with interest to see what you are going to come up with and sound comparison results.

@Willmax thanks, i'll be going for 300mm high too. Currently i have various shaped stands and the tops of the 690 and 1000 are aligned, but i'll be aligning the bottom edge at 300mm this time.

Just trying to source some timber. If i can find some i will make them this weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions on Melbourne suppliers?

Anyone got any suggestions on something close to American Walnut that is obtainable in 50mm x 300mm

Edited by JPete9

My attempt. Trying to match the walnut with the NS1000xw. Yamaha dimensions are 250mm high and mine are 290 - that was the height i thought optimal for the tweeter/ear height. Mine reconsider it, easy to change. They look oddly high.

I added one pic so you can see the original hardwood colour - Victorian Ash, Australian native hardwood.

This material is 45mm thick, i have some 65mm oregon i could make a second, shorter/fatter from...

20180423_080139469_i_OS.jpg
20180423_075507175_i_OS.jpg
20180423_080151826_i_OS.jpg

Guest jakeyb77
32 minutes ago, JPete9 said:

My attempt. Trying to match the walnut with the NS1000xw. Yamaha dimensions are 250mm high and mine are 290 - that was the height i thought optimal for the tweeter/ear height. Mine reconsider it, easy to change. They look oddly high.

I added one pic so you can see the original hardwood colour - Victorian Ash, Australian native hardwood.

This material is 45mm thick, i have some 65mm oregon i could make a second, shorter/fatter from...

Looks pretty good mate

They look great and well done.
Wait till they burn in!

On 23/04/2018 at 7:23 PM, JPete9 said:

Awesome looking stands Pete well done. Pretty good match for the speakers as well.

What sort of screws/bolts did you use to connect the sides to the middle part by the way?

Thanks everyone, yeah forgot about burn in...i'll be reuse that :)

They are just stainless bugle screws. So strong, simple, cheap. 

Here's a quick snap of my latest toys.

The stands arrived from Japan this morning. Picked up in Tokyo late Thursday night and on my lounge room floor early afternoon today. Love the Japanese and their efficiency!

Very inert and a great designed stand.

IMG_2099.jpg

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

The stands arrived from Japan this morning. Picked up in Tokyo late Thursday night and on my lounge room floor early afternoon today. Love the Japanese and their efficiency!

IMG_2099.jpg

Magnificent looking pair mate. Well done 

6 minutes ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

IMG_2099.jpg

They are SPS2000 stands, my favourite speaker stand design for Yamaha speakers.

Good find!.

Edited by HiFi-Man

Only in Geelong, if you wan to bring them over for some whisky and AB testing one sat arvo just let me know :)

What are they replacing, what amp are you using?

Edited by JPete9

Pete, they are on permanent house arrest!

Running them with some Luxman tube gear. Great partnership.

Edited by Be Quiet...Listen

17 hours ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

IMG_2099.jpg

That is a match made in heaven, superb looking combo. Congratulations! 

How tall are these stands? It looks about 25cm from the picture.

So we're all waiting ofr the detailed review and a big pile of pics...don't be shy...!!!

Reviews aren’t my strong point or why I’m in this hobby. I did actually begin to write one but I was woffling on far too much. There’s plenty of info on the net about them already. 

Edited by Be Quiet...Listen

I had to remake mine to yamaha spec. and went darker....now they dont look so odd/high.

20180901_040653800_i_OS.jpg

2 minutes ago, JPete9 said:

I had to remake mine to yamaha spec. and went darker....now they dont look so odd/high.

20180901_040653800_i_OS.jpg

I like it, we need more pics though 😉

How tall did you make the new one?

IMG_2099.jpg.64ded63647b613a41feee2fcb1185bd0.jpg
Is that a Lux MQ60 in the background?

1 hour ago, Headbanger said:
On 28/05/2018 at 8:18 PM, Be Quiet...Listen said:
IMG_2099.jpg.64ded63647b613a41feee2fcb1185bd0.jpg

Read more  

Is that a Lux MQ60 in the background?

Close. MB-3045’s. 

I built these stands based on the new NS5000 design in solid ebonised jarrah .

I built a few extra pairs if anybody wants a pair .See the classified ad section if you would like more information.

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

Edited by THOMO

Well done @THOMO looks great and appears really well made - I think I'd still prefer their vintage designs though.