Willmax

Yamaha NS-1000 best speaker stands poll

Yamaha NS-1000 best speaker stands poll  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Yamaha Man said:

Sure they do!

Well that was my conclusion after having both at the same time.I believe the NS75T sounds more like the NS 5000 than the NS1000Ms.Not everybody might consider that better I suppose but to me the NS5000s are a realization of the potential of the NS 1000s [and I think probably the best speakers I have heard] ,and the NS75Ts fall somewhere between the two.

Guest yamaha_man
26 minutes ago, THOMO said:

Well that was my conclusion after having both at the same time.I believe the NS75T sounds more like the NS 5000 than the NS1000Ms.Not everybody might consider that better I suppose but to me the NS5000s are a realization of the potential of the NS 1000s [and I think probably the best speakers I have heard] ,and the NS75Ts fall somewhere between the two.

More likely they just sound better in YOUR room to your ears. 

As for the 5000's, I wax impressed when I heard them but wouldn't swap my Ref 1's for them.

9 hours ago, Willmax said:

Oops wrong photo above, but that is where it all started ;-)

I have since done a bit of DIY on the cheap and came up with these stands for the time being until I get something proper done for them in the future:

20170910_172651.thumb.jpg.aa1a56073a53681c3928bfec1c4d2f81.jpg

20170910_172724.thumb.jpg.930210d3b099bb0608f22b663f03eef9.jpg

20171118_193626.thumb.jpg.248eb6f7c43a07ee7e3f81be13e67038.jpg

IMG_20171120_101735.thumb.JPG.c1b5d851c88b8f6290f06fe8b0010f1b.JPG

Finished stand above, excuse the horrible phone picture.

Is the corner mirror there so you can admire the speakers from more than one angle or some kind of reflective bass triangulator.

On 24/12/2017 at 11:31 PM, Al.M said:

Is the corner mirror there so you can admire the speakers from more than one angle or some kind of reflective bass triangulator.

I had the mirror there momentarily for no obvious reason. Just a coincidence really :-)

Edited by Willmax

^They look stunning.! 

Did you make them yourself? Is that a wood veneer finish applied or some exotic solid timber?

Just need to stain and varnish them. About 38cm height for my DIY ported 67L Ns1000 cabinets.

E24CDA72-14A4-403A-A819-DB32D64497FD.jpeg

5DD25A27-5438-4494-A070-9A83430D16AF.jpeg

Edited by Al.M

5 hours ago, Willmax said:

^They look stunning.! 

Did you make them yourself? Is that a wood veneer finish applied or some exotic solid timber?

I had them made by a friend who is a hobbyist woodworker. 

They’re solid Tasmanian Oak. No veneer here. 

Definitely a great design for these speakers. Helped in the bass department and also helped control soundstage and centre imaging. 

6 hours ago, Al.M said:

Just need to stain and varnish them. About 38cm height for my DIY ported 67L Ns1000 cabinets.

E24CDA72-14A4-403A-A819-DB32D64497FD.jpeg

5DD25A27-5438-4494-A070-9A83430D16AF.jpeg

The round edges are cool. What colour/stain are you planning to use  to finish them?

@Al.M regarding the ported cabinets design. How did you determine the appropriate cabinet size/volume and port design to achieve the desired frequency response?

I will stain it to match the side cheeks.

My previous post on the vented design NS1000 and another guy in UK who documented and did the same. Big difference.

Those already look great as they are, you must be a perfectionist :-)
Please keep us posted on any developments.
And my hunt for the NS-1000M continues.
Finishing job started on my favourite yamaha speaker stands.
bcf373d2458cbb7c07434308186ea115.jpg

Update: Continued the speaker stand project even though I sold my NS1000M speakers a few months back.  Little more work pending..happy with the outcome so far :)stand.thumb.jpg.580cb91f566dbee9ba56d75e80e685c2.jpg

17 hours ago, HiFi-Man said:

Update: Continued the speaker stand project even though I sold my NS1000M speakers a few months back.  Little more work pending..happy with the outcome so far :)stand.thumb.jpg.580cb91f566dbee9ba56d75e80e685c2.jpg

These are coming along nicely HiFi-Man, a true labour of love.

On 22/03/2018 at 7:29 PM, Dave the Rave said:

I have cut my stand down to 30 cm. Better high and bass from my seat. Pics below

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They’re decent looking stands Dave. 

Have you thought about putting a rug or some carpet on the floor in front of them? You will be rewarded!