Willmax

Yamaha NS-1000 best speaker stands poll

Yamaha NS-1000 best speaker stands poll  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Built and painted. Some imperfections but so worth it. Brings look but also improves something... tweeter at ear level now. I used 35 cm legs  with 2 x image.jpg14mm cover. Can't rotate pics.

image.jpg

@devgcl

Those look great. I was having a look at my local Bunnings yesterday.

I was thinking of going with the 70x70mm square dressed pieces for the legs in lieue of the suggested 90x90 - which size did you go for? Also have you finished with the painting yet?

image.jpg.715fcc5b2be6a5fbaebdaadee5aea218.jpg

image.jpg.4888bc26c50d9dd5548c6316222b2c2b.jpg

@Willmax thanks. not sure on the size but this was the only square pine leg available at my local Bunnings. Just went with my hunch and they turned out quite good. Those 40kg speakers need strong support.. Thinking of another layer of gloss paint later but the charcoal black brings good contrast.

All the best.

Edited by devgcl

Ok, this might be a stupid question, and I think the answer is obvious given nobody's done it in any of the links in this thrread, but, could you put some sort of whee/castor on the bottom of your stands to make it easier to move the speakers around/adjust the angles?

I'm guessing there would be some loss of SQ with such an addition?

Great thread btw.

Cheers,

Skender.

If you add wheels then the legs would need bracing closer to the floor. Changing trhe look and increasing the complexity for entry level woodworking DIY. Totally doable, just a little more effort.

Since i now have floorboard, i decided to cut back my Yammies stand to 31 cm (from 40 cm thru DIY). It impacted the sound - more bass is immediately noticeable.    So far i am enjoying the change... definitely makes subs redundant for music.

This community and people here are gold mines - glad i followed general advice i.e spend on good speakers, proper positioning, quality amp, dac, cables, power cord etc.... in that order. This is turning out to be so true.

On 09/01/2017 at 1:43 PM, Fair Play said:

Ok, this might be a stupid question, and I think the answer is obvious given nobody's done it in any of the links in this thrread, but, could you put some sort of whee/castor on the bottom of your stands to make it easier to move the speakers around/adjust the angles?

I'm guessing there would be some loss of SQ with such an addition?

Great thread btw.

Cheers,

Skender.

If you just want to move them on a hard surface, then at Bunnings where they sell floor protectors you will find a range of items that look like variations on teflon pads.  I think they call them sliders or something similar.  I have used them very successfully under heavy patio chairs on tiled surfaces.  As long as you don't try to use them on carpet you should be ok. They move very easily and as they are 'solid' there should be no SQ consequences.

My favourite design for NS1000M. My second attempt came near to what I expected. Still in the process of making the final one. Custom made brass spikes and shoes shown in the photo will be used with the final ones.

20170116_192045.jpg

20161231_120040.jpg

On 23/08/2017 at 0:23 PM, JosephMat said:

My favourite design for NS1000M. My second attempt came near to what I expected. Still in the process of making the final one. Custom made brass spikes and shoes shown in the photo will be used with the final ones.

20170116_192045.jpg

20161231_120040.jpg

Those already look great as they are, you must be a perfectionist :-)

Please keep us posted on any developments.

And my hunt for the NS-1000M continues.

It has been over a year since this thread/poll was started and I finally have some updates about my speaker stands solution. 

What do you guys think?

20170829_001310.thumb.jpg.c46be51dbbe9ea3ff81d5a010b662ad4.jpg

It has been over a year since this thread/poll was started and I finally have some updates about my speaker stands solution. 

What do you guys think?

This Ikea step stool could be more solid, each one can support 150kg and you can stack them to suit the height.

https://m.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/art/40265164/

13 hours ago, Willmax said:

What do you guys think?

Good fun stands, though I'm not really sold on the colour!

Oops wrong photo above, but that is where it all started ;-)

I have since done a bit of DIY on the cheap and came up with these stands for the time being until I get something proper done for them in the future:

20170910_172651.thumb.jpg.aa1a56073a53681c3928bfec1c4d2f81.jpg

20170910_172724.thumb.jpg.930210d3b099bb0608f22b663f03eef9.jpg

20171118_193626.thumb.jpg.248eb6f7c43a07ee7e3f81be13e67038.jpg

IMG_20171120_101735.thumb.JPG.c1b5d851c88b8f6290f06fe8b0010f1b.JPG

Finished stand above, excuse the horrible phone picture.

Edited by Willmax

Guest yamaha_man
On 24/11/2016 at 8:51 PM, THOMO said:

These are with NS75TS which have identical dimensions to the NS1000s.They also sound much better!

DSCF1560.JPG

Sure they do!