Best bookshelves for rock

Hi guys,

I am very happy with my maggies but was thinking of a second system for a smaller room and more rock - electro oriented.

What do you think is the best bookshelf speaker for that, in the 2 grands mark (new or second hand)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to keep my rock on a bookshelf but I moved it to a display case.  I found the best bookshelf for rock was one in a contrasting colour.

Also if it is a really big rock, like a boulder, you need well built bookshelves, or a plinth.  Smaller rock, like pebbles, are better suited to bookshelves, in my opinion.

• Like 5

I used to keep my rock on a bookshelf but I moved it to a display case.  I found the best bookshelf for rock was one in a contrasting colour.

Also if it is a really big rock, like a boulder, you need well built bookshelves, or a plinth.  Smaller rock, like pebbles, are better suited to bookshelves, in my opinion.

Award of the week for the best dad joke :-) Obama and turkey pardon get out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Diynamic said:

Few years ago I owned a pair of focal chorus 807s , I remember very clearly that they worked really well with rock .

I don't see them too often for sale , but if you do check them out .

Yes, they work well for rock and these newer ones work even better. Still plenty of punch and drive but less fatiguing https://www.stereophonic.com.au/focal-aria-905-bookshelf-speakers-in-noyer/

Try some ELACs (older Jet III tweeter) bookshelves - the bass slam's pretty impressive for bookshelves.  Quite good for electronic too - keeps up well with the music.

If you like bass - try Jamo C803s.  They are like mini floorstanders!

• Like 1

Lenehan S2's would be great in that sort of budget if you could find them... the ML1s pop up in that range, however i've not heard them yet (mine are currently being painted), but they have an almost cult following behind them. a good little sub could help in the bottom end with any small speaker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...