Sign in to follow this  
candyflip

SOLD: S/hand Vinyl - October Part 2

PART 2

Item full name and model etc. ...see below for individual details
Location ... Melbourne
Item condition description ...see below (Standard SNA gradings)
Price and price conditions ...see below 

Reason for selling ...vinyl pressings I can't use - perhaps you can?
Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
Bank transfers, or PayPal (ONLY if you pick up the 3-4% fee they will whack me).

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:

•         Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of the total sold will follow.
  •         All titles here get brand new inner and outer sleeves before shipping.
  •          I try and ship 5 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:

• ·         I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
  • ·         Original contents are stored inside the cover. I try to ship all records outside the cover and inner paper sleeves, so any postal damage is minimised.
  • ·         I use new pre-made cardboard mailers for smaller orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
  • ·         Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough). 

•       ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.

I just don't have the time, sorry. 
    I'm barely at home as it is though, and have no wish to be here waiting around for hours at a time.
  • Lastly - I'm not a shop. I don't have credit card facilities and I don't do this full time (though sometimes it feels like I might!). It's a hobby I love, where I try to make damn sure that *everyone* wins. Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and I'll fix it.

Post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

NB:  CONSERVATIVE GRADING… cover first / record grade 2nd

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

CarloCamacho - Bob Dylan - Desire - NM-/NM-. US pressed Simply Vinyl 2001 copy. SVLP 350. Like new, includes MoFi rice paper inner and the original stamped and stickered plastic sleeve. Lovely package of a classic album. 100% Virgin Vinyl Reissue, 180 gram. Insert with photos and extensive credits.  $60

REM - Fables of the Reconstruction - VG/VG. IRS 5592 US pressing. STERLING mastering both sides. Plays great - some visible marks both sides, but still sounds terrific with only little noise. Edgewear on the cover and around the cover opening the heaviest. Worn inner hanging in there.  Overall looks fine.  $26

CarloCamacho - Johnny Cash - By Special Request - VG+/NM-. AUS only compilation in cut away gatefold (SRA 398-001). Lovely cover with just a little rubbing wear. The record is spotless$14

CarloCamacho -  Enya - Watermark - 243875-1 AUS pressed original. VG+/VG+. Lovely package with near perfect record with little to zero noise, and excellent cover with just the odd hard to see wrinkle along the spine and bottom right corners. $18

Snake -  Diana Ross & The Supremes - Live At London's Talk Of The Town - VG/VG+. STMLO 11070 Aus pressing. Great set from the living legend. Record looks and sounds great with little to zero noise.  Cover has some pen writing on the back top and a little below that, plus some tape residue. Else, very nice and very presentable. Small wrinkle of the front top left corner and a hint of ringwear, but not too bad. Get it for the wax. $8

Darkfringe - ELO - Discovery - VG/VG+. JT6014 AUS pressed original. Nice condition original with very little wear to the cover (hint of ringwear on back and some spine wrinkling, bottom left corner bend) and a stellar record with little to zero noise. Also comes with the original colour poster insert and excellent lyric inner$14

Elton John - Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy - US pressed original gatefold w/ 16 page lyric booklet and colour poster (MCA-2142) VG+/VG+. Cover is great but for light rubbing wear and edgewear. Record is great but for light marking, and sounds great with only light noise/odd dust pop on Side 1 in quiet passages and between tracks, and almost whisper quiet on Side 2. Remarkable SQ throughout!   $18

Snake -  Dire Straits - Love Over Gold - US pressing (WEA 23728-1) VG+/VG+. Masterdisk ('BK') Bill Kipper mastering (extremely highly rated with remarkable SQ). Cover is great but for some edgewear, corner bumping, price sticker top right, paper inner with tiny tears. Record is marked but otherwise very nice and plays with a little lead-in noise for the first minute before the music kicks up a notch on 'Telegraph Road'. Then all you hear is the incredible drums, piano and guitars. Gentle crackle in the quieter moments.  $14

Ananth  -  Sigur Ros - Sunflower - Unofficial LP (Divinorum Neglectus - DN 71042) M/M. Brand new copy, with great sound (needle dropped  to check it).   $35

Talk Talk - It’s My Life - New Zealand pressing of the LP (EMC 220) VG+/VG+. Some rubbing wear to the front cover, with tiny sticker residue top left. Slight roll and wear to the spine. The back cover is fairly clean. The photo inner shows some light age spots, else still white and pretty clean. Record sounds great and plays strong and clear throughout.$15

kiwi.kelvin -  Fleetwood Mac (original) - The Best Of -  German pressing ( REP 44138) VG+/VG+. Really nice example of this great comp of Peter Green’s original band. Cover is lovely laminated example, with only a few minor lifts around the edges. The back has a little more lift in the laminate along the opening edge, otherwise clean, bright and attractive. Original German Asylum/Elektra back catalog inner promo sleeve is awesome. The record has a few tiny scratches in very bright light, but none sound, as this wax is too busy showing off its great SQ.   $18

Van Morrison - Hard Nose The Highway - NZ pressed 1973 gatefold original. (WBS 2712). VG+/VG+. Nice cover with a bend top right that is barely noticeable on front, but pronounced on back. The folded gatefold is solid. 2 inch spine tear at very top but hanging together very well. The record is on Burbank labels shows some light wispy hairlines and marks and plays well. Under-rated title.     $11

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness First Finale -  1974 NZ original gatefold single album pressing. (STML 6124). VG++/VG++. Very slick 70’s original. Laminated Gatefold is near-spotless front and back and looks almost new but for tiny wear at the opening only. Record on reddy Tamla Motown labels, looks to have wispy hairlines only.    $11

‘Til Tuesday – Voices Carry - AUS original LP (ELPS 4481)  VG+/VG++.   Great cover but for slight ringwear on front, back and compressed spine. Nice original lyric inner. Awesome record with not a mark, and plays through very clean.    $4

Johnvinyljunkie  -  Little Richard – Here’s Little Richard – 2015 repress on 180gm (DOL-DOS629H). NM/NM. Just unsealed, still in shrink with 99% of it on.   $16

Johnvinyljunkie  - Clannad – Magical Ring – AUS pressed LP (VPL1 7466) VG++/VG++. Nice package, with no wear on the cover, no wear on the record at all. Perfect sound. This one contains the big single, the ‘Theme from Harry’s Game’ (don’t worry – you know it!)   $2

Neil Young - Time Fades Away - AUS pressed 1973 original LP (Reprise MS 2151) VG++/VG+. The cover is in fantastic condition, with just some really light corner and edgewear. A hair off NM actually. The original handwritten lyric poster is also in great condition. Record shows some marks but sounds great and plays really well throughout.   $24

Neil Young - Neil Young - AUS 1969 repress LP (Reprise RS-6317) VG+/VG+. Really nice condition.  $14

kiwi.kelvin - Neil Young - Greatest Hits - AUS/NZ only 1985 compilation on LP (Reprise - 25271-1) NM/VG+. Vinyl has a couple of pops and crackles the start of Side 1 but disappear quickly. The cover is excellent.   $24

Neil Young - Tonight's The Night - US gatefold repress LP (Reprise - MS 2221) NM/NM. Opened played once. Pristine.  MS-2221-1-SR1A/1B stampers.   $36

Edited by candyflip

Hi,

I'll grab Best of The Mac and Neil Young Greatest please.

Shipping to SYD

Awesome!

Thanks

KS

Edited by kiwi.kelvin

24 minutes ago, kiwi.kelvin said:

Hi,

I'll grab Best of The Mac and Neil Young Greatest please.

Shipping to SYD

Awesome!

Thanks

KS

13 minutes ago, CarloCamacho said:

Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash & Enya for me please. 

Shipping to 6055.

thanks both.

Don't forget Part 1 as well...

3 minutes ago, candyflip said:

thanks both.

Don't forget Part 1 as well...

You may as well add Soul II Soul then too!

Hi candyflip,

Could I please have Dire Straits and Diana Ross. 

Sydney 2228

Thanks

Reserves done.

I’ll be in NZ from this Thursday night (27th), until late Sunday night, so unable to answer questions during that time.

Reserves into these threads please.

10 new hotties up for you on Monday night though..:thumb:

Then invoices to follow Tuesday morning (Melb Cup Day)….

Reserves added, with thanks.

New lot (separate thread) up tonight.

Could I get the Sigur Ros, please... And Leonard Cohen's various positions on the other thread (I'll post there too)

This item has been reported as SOLD.

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By candyflip
      * Item full name and model etc. ...see below for individual details
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Item condition description ... varies as detailed in text below (Standard SNA/Goldmine gradings)
      * Price and price conditions ...as specified below 
      * Reason for selling ... latest finds
      * Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any titles here get brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeves as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

Please post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

PLEASE VISIT my BUSHFIRE RELIEF thread to continue the fundraising there (we are up over $200 now, thank you) and to combine postage with this sale.

Supertramp - Breakfast In America – 1979 Japanese w/OBI (AMP6034 A&M) NM/VG.  Amazing strong cover with perfect OBI, 4-page colour booklet & 2-page b/w insert with lyrics in japanese. Wax has some marks but should play nicely as always.  $40

The Amazing Bud Powell - Volume 1 - vinyl LP 1983 Japan MONO no OBI (Blue Note BLP-1503)  VG++/VG+. Super nice OG copy with insert and tight factory shrink, 98% on. Blue Note hype sticker top right on shrink.  Fantastic copy in great condition. Excellent cover and nice record with only a few light marks.  $35

Gil Evans - There Comes A Time - 1976 Japanese vinyl with OBI (RVP6033 RCA) VG++/VG+. Cover immaculate and OBI & insert both great. Only lightest whisps on the vinyl. Includes David Sanborn, Howard Johnson, Billy Harper and Ryo Kawasaki.  $26

Bud Powell Trio - Bud Powell - 1978 Japanese MONO vinyl w/OBI (YW-7801-RO Royal Roost) VG+/VG++. Gorgeous inky black and shiny vinyl without a mark, inlcuding insert. Cover has a white cat scratch across the OBI and front, which weirdly looks like it belongs there (see photo). Nice set.   $32

Def Leppard - Pyromania - 2018 EU Limited RED vinyl reissue (602567890720) VG+/NM. SEALED and NEW. One corner bend bottom left front, else immaculate. $32

Johhny Cash - 16 Biggest Hits - USA 2019 Walmart exclusive compilation (190759505212) VG+/VG++. Cover great but for one large bend across top right corner on front. Wax is perfect - no marks.  $32

Nick Drake – Treasury – 2014 repress (602547000569) BRAND NEW & SEALED. A true collection in the basic sense, this is single-disc LP with notes written by Peter Paphides, specifically for this vinyl release. Contains songs primarily from Drake's three primary albums, with a few tracks taken from Made to Love Magic. Both the words and music on this release further illustrate the great depth and passion of Drake's songwriting among the canon of his recordings from 1969 to 1972, the year Pink Moon debuted.  $38

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left - 2013 new SINGLE black vinyl EU pressing in gatefold. (602537347568) SEALED and new. Remastered from high resolution digital source by the album's original engineer, John Wood at Abbey Road Studios. Released in the UK 30th September 2013. Includes Digital Download.  $35

Alison Krauss & Union Station – Paper Airplane – 2011 black vinyl gatefold  (011661066519) BRAND NEW and SEALED in plastic over. Deluxe 180gm press. W/download.  $35

Supertramp - Breakfast In America - New MOFI numbered gatefold repress (821797147118) VG+/VG++. Sensational album has never sounded better. Ltd numbered edition (#6529) just small split along top edge in middle on back cover (looks absolutely fine in Blake sleeve) otherwise as NEW, no inserts but record with ZERO noise or sounds other than the music.  $50

Queen - The Game - 2018 US half speed remaster (050087400286) SEALED NM/NM with hype sticker. Perfect retail copy.   $35

Big Star - Radio City - Europe 2016 Back to Black press (888072317321) SEALED NM/NM. Perfect retail copy. Great album!  $35

CD's/SHM's

Steven Wilson - To The Bone - Japanese CD 2017 Japanese w/OBI (4582214516905) SEALED & BRAND NEW. 6-panel Digipak with 16-page booklet + black & white 12-page Japanese booklet. $45

Jimi Hendrix – Are You Experienced – Japanese 2013 CD w/OBI (sicp 30001) SEALED and BRAND NEW. Limited Edition reissue, remastered, Stereo and Mono mixes, Blu-Spec CD2. Cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue from Jimi Hendrix and The Jimi Hendrix Experience featuring the high-fidelity Blu-spec CD2 format (compatible with standard CD players). Features 2009 remaster.   $45

Metallica – Master of Puppets – Japanese SHM-CD 2018 w/OBI (UICR-1139)  SEALED and BRAND NEW. Reissue, remastered SHM-CD. Jewel case with transparent tray, 8-page original booklet in English, 12-page booklet in Japanese, OBI-strip.  $42

David Bowie – Aladdin Sane – 2014 Japanese CD w/OBI (WPCR-80089) SEALED and BRAND NEW. Reissue and remastered.  $38

* * * * UNDER $20 Final Vinyl BIN  * * * *

Ike & Tina Turner - Feel Good - 1972 Japanese OG gatefold w/RUBY coloured wax (LLP-80611)  VG++/VG+. Very heavy cardstock cover, looks great, no OBI. 2 x great OIS. Record is lovely, with some light whisps only.   $19

Paul Revere & The Raiders - The Spirit Of 67 - 2015 Friday Music Ltd translucent RED vinyl in gatefold (829421939504) VG+/VG++. Cover has a bend top left front corner only,and perfect vinyl. Mastered by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios, pressed at RTI.   $19

Janet Jackson - Control: The Remixes - 2019 US repress on 2LP black vinyl (602577867422)  VG+/VG+. Cover is great but for some edgewear, and split along bottom edge of 3-4cms. OIS all good, and two slightly marked discs that play great.   $18

• By stearem
      Item: Vintage speakers - 12" 3-way - Auditone brand, Made in Australia 
      Price: $350
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  Beautifully made speakers with high-quality drivers. Speakers are in excellent condition and perfect working order. There are a few marks on the cabinets but nothing major. Drivers are in superb condition. Very heavy, strong wood cabinets.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By hiphile
      Item: NAD 5120 Turntable with Ortofon OM5E
      Price: $250
      Item Condition: Excellent overall. Perfect working condition, great cosmetically (perspex lid has superficial scratches from years of being wiped/cleaned).
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to a new TT
      Extra Info:

This NAD 5120 is a time capsule. I bought it mint from a gentleman in the outer Melbourne suburbs in 2012, he had bought it brand new in the late 80s, used it for a couple of months then stopped using it and had put it back in its original box. For 20+ years it was in storage in its original box and when I bought it I had the pleasure to unbox it again. The sticky tape had almost perished / disintegrated and left a sticky mess.. nothing a citrus cleanser can't fix of course.

Sounded pretty good out of the box (I had it hooked up to a Rega Fono Mini) but I knew the original cartridge and stylus would've been long past its best before date. I put a fresh Ortofon OM5E, a new drive belt and took it to Carlton AV for a proper setup and voila, it sings!

Over the last 9 years I have enjoyed the NAD, listening on average only 1-2 hours per month - it did not get much use at all. Very very clean deck overall and well looked after. Stylus is regularly cleaned with a carbon bristle brush and has dust cap included.

The NAD 5120 is the epitome of NAD's quirkiness + 80s overengineering. The sub-plate is floating, suspended by springs, isolated from the main chassis from vibration. The counterweight is freely sprung in a magical 80s viscoelastic liquid in a reservoir! NAD calls it DVA - Dynamic Vibration Absorber. Patrick Bateman would've been really into this.

Lastly, it has a super handy auto-stop function which I really like.. you can listen to records to sleep and not worry about the stylus being ground to oblivion.

Own (and listen) to this 80s vintage piece of cool.

• By Artnet
      Item: Rega Planar2 (circa 1985)
      Price: $280.00
      Item Condition: Good for its age
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: Original owner of this Planar 2,  have used more recently with upgrades but selling as original,  no cart, original 240volt motor, replaced the standard belt 18months ago. Acrylic cover cleaning swirls only as pictured.
      Groove tracer upgrades are for sale on another add if interested.

• By Bill125812
      Item: 57 records 
      Price Range: nil. Nothing 
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Memories from my youth. Some good. Some bad. Lots ugly.  All Ultrasonic cleaned.  Lots of classical. Some pop compilations from 70’s / 80’s. 
      Some good ones. Double ups of mine.   the photos are an example of what you can expect.

prob pickup only.   Redland Bay.  Near Brissy

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).