Sign in to follow this  
georgehifi

Electrostatic ESL Active Sony Speakers SA-EX100, rare, great sounding.

Item:  Electrostatic ESL Active Sony Speakers SA-EX100, hiend , very rare.        
Price: $480.00
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: HT system has grown, so went to much bigger floor standers
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct Deposit.
Extra Info:
Pictures:

Hi, I have these very sought after Sony Electrostatics for sale, as I now have gone to much bigger floor-standers for the fronts of my growing HT system. They served me very well and are in pristine condition, never abused, and perfect in operational condition, they are the Sony EX series which was the better of the range.They look fantastic and are in near mint condition. You would have to spend over $1000 s/h for passive 2 way speakers and have a good amp to equal these, grab a bargain.

They have stunning sound staging and back to front imaging, and with the mid/bass unit being a motional feedback one it's very controlled for a ported enclosure. The internal high quality amps/powersupplies 65w x 65w are linear amps (not class D or SMP) and very powerful, and the internal active electronic xover is at 3khz   

When I first got them one of the esl panels was faulty so both were replaced with new ones from Sony (ex Japan) through Sony Australia. At the same I paid to get the service manual for them and that also comes with them, seeing both esl's were replaced there is also one spare working panel for them, not that you'll ever need it.

Sorry about a some of the photo's just didn't have good lighting.

I prefer pickup, but they can be posted from 2100 at the buyers expense seeing they are just under the 22kg Australia Post limit, I would guess around $40-$50 east coast.

If you pickup you can have also the very solid/heavy sand fill-able stands, I will not post these though.

PS they are listed in other places.

Cheers George  

P1010450 (2).jpg

P1010451 (2).jpg

P1010452 (2).jpg

P1010453 (2).jpg

P1010455 (2).jpg

P1010456 (2).jpg

post-104559-0-27398400-1414818433.jpg

Edited by georgehifi

PM'd you

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
PM'd him

I sent you my phone no. peterstt in a PM.

I just noticed your long way away up at Doyalson North NSW 2262 unless your down in Sydney at the moment?

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

On ?10?/?26?/?2016 at 0:25 PM, peterstt said:

@georgehifi Hi  I am interested. Could I listen to it before decision?

If yes, Could I have your address,please?

Regards

Peter

Didn't hear from you Peter, still wanting to hear them??

Cheers George