Sign in to follow this  
Mat-with-one-t

Help with 8player app

Hi gang.  I'm going crazy.  I have 8player on my iPad and iPhone so I can access files on a drive attached to my Consonance Suzanne digital player (which is in the home network).

i have just figured out how to make playlists, as were having a party and would be good to just play a list.  So, I have made the lists from mucus on the drive, but now I can't get them to play.  The app looks like it should be simple, but when I try to play a playlist, I just get a song I randomly played recently repeating itself over and over!

help!

mat

I am using iPad.

I gave up on 8 Player..then tried:

PlayerXtreme

mconnect Free

mconnectHD

Currently use mcontrol HD ( mainly from NAS to UEMegabooms via iPad )

Had to pay a small fee for some but have a look around at reviews and experiment with a few and see how you go.

Interested if you find anything better than mcontrol HD for the price.

Too bad JRiver don't do a cut down version for this sort of usage on the likes of iPad etc

Yeah thanks for the reply.  I will eventually go down the Roon or JRiver path.  This is just an interim measure.  I suppose I shouldn't hope for too much for my $8!

I just create a folder called "Playlists" on the drive, label it and then play from there just like any other album.

Edit - I've been using 8player for about 4.5 years now and have been very happy with it.

Edited by Kaynin