Sign in to follow this  
Sansui77

AFL Trade Period - National Draft

How did your team do in the AFL trade week?? What will you be hoping for in the national draft in November??

I was very happy with what Carlton & SOS did, played it hard for Adelaide and didnt just give them what they wanted in landing Bryce Gibbs.

We got some more pics from GWS while still keeping draft pics.

We have Smedts, Marchbank, Pickett & Palmer and go into the national draft with pics 5, 25, 48, 63, 66, 70, 81, 99 and 117, not bad at all.

I've been watching all the trading with some interest in the AFL app on my phone.

It's interesting but I think it is very difficult to gauge which teams have the smartest strategy.

My team, the Swans, have let go two very good players in Tom Mitchell and Toby Nankervis. Both of these players may well have stellar years ahead.

I think the Swans could have continued with Nankervis as he brings some agression and physicality they lack.

I know Tippett can kick goals and he is a good player when fully fit but I think he is a bit soft for a big bloke and he doesn't play well in big games.

We have an excellent midfield, though, and I think we will be a top four side next year.

GWS, the Western Bulldogs and the Swans will be the best teams, I think. It is difficult to say how Hawthorn will go but Alistair Clarkson has certainly rolled the dice