Rega DAC and Auralic Aries

Hi there,

I'm about to purchase an Auralic Aries to replace my Sonos connect that will be partnered with my Rega DAC. Just wondering what digital connection people would recommend in this setup. My Rega DAC is an original model not the R and I seem to remember that USB was fairly poorly implemented. So that leaves me to go down the Digital Coax or Digital Optical route. Does anyone have an opinion on which input will sound better? 

Also any recommendations on reasonably priced digital interconnects would also be appreciated.

Thanks

John

HI John,

I'd suggest thinking about the Cullen Modded Sonos Connect. The user interface is much better than the Aries and uses the same Femto clock that Aries charge a bundle for, to minimise jitter etc etc. I have mine connected via digital Coax but optical is meant to just as good if not better. When I demo'ed the Aries aand Aries Mini the iPad app crashed for the salesman twice in 15 minutes, I've never had a Sonos controlled have glitches after around 3 years use.

Only downside to the Sonos Connect is no Hi-Res files but that doesn't bother me.