Winter

Wilson Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

Yes there are some current Owners according to their signature lines--I'm sure they will chime in to help

I'm not current owner but have had Watt Pup 2/3s,6's and X-1's--happy to answer any Q's

Good luck,

Willco

1 hour ago, kramered said:

Have owned WATT/Puppy 5.1, W/P 6, W/P 8. Then Sasha and now own Alexia.

Cheers,

EK

So what is you favourite and why?

I have fond memories of the W/P 6. It addressed a slight mid-bass hump in the W/P 5.1's bandwidth and improved on the overall dynamics (low level detail and was explosive at the other extreme). The Sasha (version 1) was a phenomenal speaker that built upon all the attributes of its W/P 8 predecessor.  

The Alexia is the best I've owned but it's a rung up the ladder, a larger speaker with massive scale. It's quite fussy with set-up/room positioning and ancillary gear but if you get it right it disappears while communicating the music. Image of my current set-up below.thumb_DSCF4543_1024.jpg

Cheers,

EK

@kramered what amps do you power them with? I'm aware the Wilsons are generally quite efficient but I have read where high powered , high current amps, can make some speakers work a lot better. 

Very nice setp up by the way.

Thanks.

Wilsons can sound fantastic both with solid state and valve gear.

Having said that, the Alexia in particular (but also the others) thrive with high quality/high current solid state. You'll get the full dynamic expression of the considerable bass power the speakers are capable of. Recently, I was using Parasound JC1 monoblocks and they were superb. The better the amps the better the sound, obviously as with all good speakers, but perhaps even more so with W/P8, Sasha and Alexia.

The amp I run right now is the Gryphon Antileon EVO and it's magnificent.

I've had great results with the Audia Flight Strumento stereo, Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated, Thrax Heros, Audio Research Ref 150SE, VTL MB125, Technical Brain monos, McIntosh Mc452 and many others (it's a long list, I've been doing this for many years).

If you are looking at a pair of Wilsons and have more specific questions feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

EK

Iam an ex Duntech Soverign owner .

Purchased a pair of Watt Puppy 7,s and a pair of Sasha 1,s. 

I am re designing my theatre room so i needed a far smaller speaker footprint than the Duntech Soverigns, thus the change to the Wilson,s.

I ended up placing the Wilson Watt Puppy 7,s into my theatre room ....... they are a very small speaker  ( after having the Soverigns)  but they are a stunningly capable speaker!!  ☺️ 

Paired with an Esoteric Grandioso S1 the bass is very fast and articulate, and the top end detail is very impressive.....  I get why some people love the Wilsons, and i get why some dislike the Wilson,s.....ME......absolutley love them...☺️

The reason for utilising the Watt Puppy,s over the Sasha,s...... the Watt Puppy,s had some small cosmetic blemishes. because of this and the fact they had to go intio a "Black Pit" theatre  enviroment i had the Watt Puppy,s professsionly covered in BLACK Velvet... They actually look fantastic with this finish.

The Sasha,a are unmarked "Titanium"  finish.......not exactly ideal for a theatre enviroment with their super high gloss automotive finish......these are now stored for a "Rainy Day" ..

Some pics to follow shortly...

Wow, didnt think you could top your previous set-up, but that looks amazing.

Sasha's are too good to remain in storage

1 hour ago, AudioGeek said:

Wow, didnt think you could top your previous set-up, but that looks amazing.

Sasha's are too good to remain in storage

Yeah , but Sasha,s are to good to hide in the dark.. 😁