What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For years I’ve been reading about people scoring bargain basement deals through the used goods marketplaces in various forums. I read most of the post purchase comments to these posts, and there are q

I just picked up a new Luxman PD171A with a Ortofon PWti cartridge    

Luxman C700u. Moved away from valve preamp. Welcome back to the bass.    

Posted Images

Hi All,

An arrival today, 3 from the JB Under $30 sale and one from Amazon.

Scorpions, Acoustica                                                           Alan Parsons, Try Anything Once

2051286245_Arrivals21_09_2020.jpg.5921a1b4e21a7734124bf23c68509a87.jpg

Uncle Tupelo, No Depression - Demos                                        Rush, Hemispheres 40th Anniversary Box Set

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

4 minutes ago, Juzbear said:

You won't regret it. A great pressing of a classic. 

Yup - It's stunning. I have the Classic Records (stereo) 33rpm on it's way, and the MoFi SACD - so hopefully a good split of masterings.

I didn’t buy them today but several weeks ago and they turned up yesterday. Three x Budgie reissues. Two of which I have as Aussie OG pressings and one later album that I’ve only heard now and it’s superb. The incredible Budgie!! 

16C7F714-D693-4963-9389-D67CE2EBF0FB.jpeg

497551A0-4670-45C0-AAD2-FBC3567478D8.jpeg

9184E012-6A8C-40D6-A031-2AC98CA35904.jpeg

Edited by unclemack

7 minutes ago, unclemack said:

I didn’t buy them today but several weeks ago and they turned up yesterday. Three x Budgie reissues. Two of which I have as Aussie OG pressings and one later album that I’ve only heard now and it’s superb. The incredible Budgie!! 

16C7F714-D693-4963-9389-D67CE2EBF0FB.jpeg

497551A0-4670-45C0-AAD2-FBC3567478D8.jpeg

9184E012-6A8C-40D6-A031-2AC98CA35904.jpeg

How are the reissues compared to the Aussie pressings?

12 hours ago, awayward said:

How are the reissues compared to the Aussie pressings?

I reckon they sound excellent. I was too busy to do a comparo but intend to this weekend. 

An absolute grail. Much conjecture as to which masterings/pressings etc. are the best. By the nature of the hodgepodge recording sessions, it’s never going to be perfect.

It’s the best I’ve ever heard it - by far. Took 2 years of searching for a NM I could actually believe that was approaching a reasonable cost. Not many albums I’d go this far for.

C5B886EC-6FC8-43F7-835A-F47317A2F4CB.jpeg

Edited by Billy Shears
1 hour ago, Billy Shears said:

An absolute grail. Much conjecture as to which of masterings/pressings etc is the best. By nature of the hodgepodge recording sessions, it’s never going to be perfect.

It’s the best I’ve ever heard it - by far. Took 2 years of searching for a NM I could actually believe that was approaching a reasonable cost. Not many albums I’d go this far for.

Very nice. I’ve been browsing various early pressings on Discogs but shipping atm is not gonna happen...

36 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Very nice. I’ve been browsing various early pressings on Discogs but shipping atm is not gonna happen...

Yeah - I had toyed with some of the inexpensive “best version”s (but then people say only certain stampers, or pressing plants etc.) but by the time you ship from the states (usually), one dodgy grading/misinformation and the second one to replace it gets me nearly to what I paid for this, and a new risk. I found it in Oz (just needed that two year’s patience). It’s genuinely one of my favourite albums - ever - so to me one of the few worth going this far for.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/good-version-of-csny-deja-vu-vinyl.843156/

Edited by Billy Shears
2 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

An absolute grail. Much conjecture as to which masterings/pressings etc. are the best. By the nature of the hodgepodge recording sessions, it’s never going to be perfect.

By the sound of it (pun intended), you practice strict due diligence. With life habits like that, make sure you teach your children well.

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

By the sound of it (pun intended), you practice strict due diligence. With life habits like that, make sure you teach your children well.

Haha! Yes, before anything comes into this house (and it’s a very, very, very fine house), it has to be the right thing for the right money.