What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For years I’ve been reading about people scoring bargain basement deals through the used goods marketplaces in various forums. I read most of the post purchase comments to these posts, and there are q

I just picked up a new Luxman PD171A with a Ortofon PWti cartridge    

Luxman C700u. Moved away from valve preamp. Welcome back to the bass.    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MoveD said:

How did they compare?

1 for the Sound matters, 0 for the first pressing :), it’s really good @Stephen McNulty maybe you can add your thoughts for MoveD as you have listened both.

3 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

I’ve just bought this, couldn’t be happier. I only wish it could talk, I believe it’s has a colorful history.

Will definitely be a topic of conversation in my system.

289D116B-1374-4C31-9677-7D7176E3639A.jpeg

B05777D0-2730-424D-8422-A136BFF56556.jpeg

A9E13590-2E8C-4FCB-B701-0F162C45EB24.jpeg

BEEBCEB6-4779-4D44-AF81-4E05CCD9627A.jpeg

BAE41E73-5A10-4987-B0E4-CAED0C7F2033.jpeg

77AD1D38-19C5-4C82-8300-A56A54CC15F2.png

Looks cool. Just don't stack any 78s, you'll be sweeping them off the floor. 🤣

Not today but last week, first British pressing of Nine Inch Nails The Downward spiral.

2C5DD7EE-F08F-44A4-AE91-DA4BAA61A284.jpeg

Hi All,

Arrived yesterday afternoon:

1906438202_Arrivals13_08_2020.jpg.1dd54766d4536aa4705758981688c455.jpg

From the Top:

Survive RR7387 EP (Electronic / Synthwave)

Aquilus, Griseus (Melbourne Folk / Metal)  They Will Have Their Way, The Songs of Tim & Neil Finn (Various Artists)

Ensiferum, Iron (Finnish Folk/Metal)                           John Coltrane, Blue Train

JJ

Today's Fedex delivery from US, a few Bluenotes

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Loin Des Hommes

GoGo Penguin - GoGo Penguin

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin'

Herbie Hancock - The Prisoner

Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor

Duke Ellington • Charlie Mingus* • Max Roach - Money Jungle

Various - Soul Of A Nation (Afro-Centric Visions In The Age of Black Power: Underground Jazz, Street Funk & The Roots Of Rap 1968-79)

Various - Congo Revolution (Revolutionary And Evolutionary Sounds From The Two Congos 1955-62)

UL0XUyB.jpg?1

Edited by Citroen

On 25/07/2020 at 5:58 PM, t_mike said:

Whoops!

15956638659801781796147826593917.jpg

Serious machine the Otari. 

Your Bii 2 is versatile with 2 and 4 track. 

I've got a Biii 2 which is a 2 track mastering deck. Best record and playback I've heard. Once you get a handle on the equalisation (easily accessible on the front panels) you're in for a treat. 

Love em, underrated recorders. 

2 hours ago, The Blues said:

Serious machine the Otari. 

Your Bii 2 is versatile with 2 and 4 track. 

I've got a Biii 2 which is a 2 track mastering deck. Best record and playback I've heard. Once you get a handle on the equalisation (easily accessible on the front panels) you're in for a treat. 

Love em, underrated recorders. 

Ever had anything to do with the extended range repro heads available? I'm wondering if they are worth while. I'm also wondering whether to concentrate on NAB or IEC EQ.

Don't have any experience with the extended range repro heads - where did you find them? 

IEC on my Otari as it is a 2 track only. All of my U.S. pre-recorded tapes (NAB) are 4-track and get played on another machine with NAB equalisation. 

If you are recording 2 track I would use IEC but then you have the problem of 4-track playback, depends what you'll use the deck for. 

On 19/08/2020 at 8:27 AM, The Blues said:

Don't have any experience with the extended range repro heads - where did you find them? 

I don't actually have them, hence my asking. I believe Magnetic Flux is one manufacturer, but there are others. I do know of a supplier with 1/2 track master copy tapes available in NAB, The Tape Project uses IEC.

8 minutes ago, TDK said:

Finally a R2R. Now I feel complete :)

Rip_3.JPG.aa46784664926474f2b1c2bbcd970fc1.JPG

Rip_2.JPG.a2335350cfc7ac83f0ff2e1fd231d645.JPG

Can u please play Girl you’ll be a woman ?

5 minutes ago, hlov said:

Can u please play Girl you’ll be a woman ?

Send Uma over and I'll be happy to.

9 hours ago, TDK said:

Send Uma over and I'll be happy to.

Oh boy, haven’t seen her in ages :). What tapes do you have? You should make a video and put in on Vimeo 

8 hours ago, hlov said:

Oh boy, haven’t seen her in ages :). What tapes do you have? You should make a video and put in on Vimeo 

A huge bunch of brand new "recording the masters" SM900's and LPR90 tapes, you can see them in the above photo - the white boxes stacked in the bottom 2 cubes of the kallax shelving. I spent 3x more on tapes than I did the player.. They're not cheap but they are brand new and that company deserves our patronage!

The idea being I've just finished dubbing 2,500 records and now I'm about to put together "50 years of  music" in the "ultimate series" of mix tapes (obviously highly personal) - and these will be dubbed to tape from my DAW. 1 tape per year since 1970, each tape giving just over 2 hours of playback.

Cool project huh. I've been 3 years into the dubbing records side, now it's time to start creating those mixes.

4track reverse play crosstalk makes me sad though :( 

Edited by TDK
37 minutes ago, artaudio said:

Today's shopping at The Vintage Record store.

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

Nice finds there and good to see Phil open again too.👍

Cheers,

Keith

I rarely buy vinyl now. But i was given a voucher and chose Shelby Lynne - Just a little lovin. Pretty slow stuff, i like her louder stuff. but in terms of a recording its brilliant. The production of the record was cool in that its not dubbed, they played and recorded it. The pressing is Quality Pressings 45rpm version. Probably the best LP i own in terms of all of the vinyl. i am genuinely floored by how good it is. 91n112GhgHL._SL1500_.jpg