What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

16 hours ago, Warren Jones said:

On that copy can you hear someone pick up guitar at the beginning of "The Chain"??

I don't think I hear that. but this definitely have an amazing dynamic range and the pressing quality is really good.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For years I’ve been reading about people scoring bargain basement deals through the used goods marketplaces in various forums. I read most of the post purchase comments to these posts, and there are q

I just picked up a new Luxman PD171A with a Ortofon PWti cartridge    

The SME 15 arrived today, now for the painful wait until next week when Andy McLean can set it up and fit the SME V arm.  

So,tonight I had my new tonearm fitted,a Schroeder CB9

Mark Dohmann came over and did his usual magic !

I am very happy with my purchase from Nirvana sound,thanks again guys

It is going to be a late night !

78120D51-63D0-48EC-ADFD-7DB8AB0F016A.jpeg

189EF522-9957-4702-9E03-42CBEC11C670.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 1

The SME 15 arrived today, now for the painful wait until next week when Andy McLean can set it up and fit the SME V arm.  

SME 15 with Power & Platter.jpg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

Well, I purchased this today (well on the weekend anyway) in that I have paid for it. However it is to be hand made in the USA and on current estimates (you can view in real time their order book and status of build) I will receive it in 4 to 6 months. 

I did this on the strength of a review by Stereophile’s Herb Reichert. I am looking at using a Topping D90 MQA DAC to provide Roon based audio as the primary input and outputting tho Audeze LCD-3 headphones and KEF LS50 speakers.  

I also plan to try it out in my main system with Paradigm Studio100 speakers but with Musical Fidelity 550K Superchargers to boost the power. 

Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

Decware Zen Taboo Mk IV Headphone and Speaker Amplifier

56DC6DFE-1A17-485A-962D-8AE70D8A86B2.png

97CDEAF2-599F-471D-9F63-368244961FBF.png

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, John0001 said:

Burial HDBLP001.

TT-Burial.jpg

awesome. You know HDBL is just the catalog number, it;s just self titled album. not 'just', it's bloody brilliant!

Do you have Untrue or the Tunes (which is a great way to save on all the individual EP's that I've amasses)

Ah, so it's just untitled album, cool. Yes I'm liking it a lot, I'll look up those others you mention, cheers!

On 24/01/2021 at 3:19 PM, rodders3 said:

Decided to add a full dedicated mono set up on the techdas given it's got the room and I have a Linn Akito arm doing nada.

Arm board from Italy ( $266 AUD landed compared to $$$ for techdas one!), Ortofon Mono SE direct from Ortofon in Denmark and a hell of a lot of mucking around to get arm on the board (took a fair bit of adjustment as board for a Micro seiki arm and the Linn arm need new holes. 

Sounds great on the Beatles Mono Masters album. Wish I bought the Mono albums release a few years ago for $400 - they now go $2-3K. Ouch!

IMG20210124142854.thumb.jpg.33202dc417459a3b8eedcbb91bfa1558.jpg

IMG20210124152356.thumb.jpg.1be967efdf33c6a5d42dfbbae6d19a96.jpg

I have recently found the joy of mono. 

Can recommend the Miyajima mono cartridges.

I've got a Miyajima Spirit and am very, very happy with it. In the future I'd upgrade to the Miyajima Zero. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Well, I purchased this today (well on the weekend anyway) in that I have paid for it. However it is to be hand made in the USA and on current estimates (you can view in real time their order book and status of build) I will receive it in 4 to 6 months. 

I did this on the strength of a review by Stereophile’s Herb Reichert. I am looking at using a Topping D90 MQA DAC to provide Roon based audio as the primary input and outputting tho Audeze LCD-3 headphones and KEF LS50 speakers.  

I also plan to try it out in my main system with Paradigm Studio100 speakers but with Musical Fidelity 550K Superchargers to boost the power. 

Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

Decware Zen Taboo Mk IV Headphone and Speaker Amplifier

56DC6DFE-1A17-485A-962D-8AE70D8A86B2.png

97CDEAF2-599F-471D-9F63-368244961FBF.png

Well done Kev. Look forward to hearing it one day 👍

• Like 1

Nice little spend at Rocking Horse records today whilst enjoying a brief stopover in BrisVegas...

Pink Floyd: Wish you were here (Remaster)

Billie Eilish: When we fall asleep, where do we go?

Metallica: Master of Puppets (Remaster) - replaces my outgassed damaged original... sadly, I lost hope of finding an excellent condition original pressing at a sensible price.

The Rolling Stones: Hot Rocks 1964 - 1971 ( Remaster)

Mike Oldfield: 5 Miles Out (Japanese issue Gatefold)

looking forward to getting home Friday & giving them a spin...

• Like 3

Hi All,

Arrived today, Transatlantic The Absolute Universe

1397855136_TransatlanticTheAbsoluteUniverse.jpg.42081065892fa0ebeec99c230caa4347.jpg

• Like 2

Grabbed some of The National Re-releases from their early stuff. Glad to get Cherry Tree, which goes for big $$ for origianl pressing.

Also got 20th Anniversary release Rain Lover, of local band, Halfway. It's superb

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

• Like 1

Just placed an order with Dynavector and Tangospinner for some stuff.

Now to wait...

Might pass the time cartridge hunting. 

I put an EOI on a used Karat 17D here but a BNIB item is also attractive even though the initial outlay will be higher. So, I'm considering the DV-20X2 as an upgrade from my Rega MM.

• Like 1

Purchased at JB HiFi today.....Pink Floyd "DSOTM" 2016 remaster, Dutch pressing (Record Industry).

Loving the matt finish cover! :thumb:

R-12214436-1613202435-6827.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, metal beat said:

arrived today:

brand new Sly & Robbie + new Martin Gore

reissues of Mono and Bohren

B3zA7XT.jpg

All Black Vinyl?

1 hour ago, artaudio said:

All Black Vinyl?

Yes, except Martin Gore. Only on azure blue vinyl

• Haha 1

Ordered y’day morning online and BOOM!...here in Brisbane this morning. Thanks to jdaudioonline. 

my new Dynavector P75 mk4

1424FFF7-507F-4958-8779-DD57BD49E9C1.thumb.jpeg.d51c906e3e79a5ee19307f8f1f385bf4.jpeg

• Like 6

Hi All,

Arrivals today as a present to self for my birthday.

The Beatles , Sgt Peppers 2017 Remix UK Pressing                        Kansas, The Absence Of Presence

1337999861_Arrivals03_03_2021.jpg.5209266415406b2a5463fff15ab9c288.jpg

Bill Frisell and Thomas Morgan, Epistrophy

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Arrivals today as a present to self for my birthday.

The Beatles , Sgt Peppers 2017 Remix UK Pressing                        Kansas, The Absence Of Presence

1337999861_Arrivals03_03_2021.jpg.5209266415406b2a5463fff15ab9c288.jpg

Bill Frisell and Thomas Morgan, Epistrophy

I predict you will love 'The Absence of Presence'. 👌

On 02/03/2021 at 6:58 PM, metal beat said:

Martin Gore. Only on azure blue vinyl

Looking forward to seeing it on Coloured vinyl currently spinning with a report on sq. 

• Haha 1

Hi 

16 hours ago, stevoz said:

I predict you will love 'The Absence of Presence'. 👌

I hope it gives me a better appreciation of it than the Transatlantic album had on first hearing.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, artaudio said:

Vintage record shopping today!

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

Is that the Anandale shop?

2 hours ago, artaudio said:

Vintage record shopping today!

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

Phil probably not there today, being a Thursday?

Each album come with a new MoFi inner sleeve?

Cheers,

Keith

On 03/03/2021 at 9:45 AM, Winno said:

Ordered y’day morning online and BOOM!...here in Brisbane this morning. Thanks to jdaudioonline. 

my new Dynavector P75 mk4

1424FFF7-507F-4958-8779-DD57BD49E9C1.thumb.jpeg.d51c906e3e79a5ee19307f8f1f385bf4.jpeg

How are you liking it? Seems like a great unit.

1 hour ago, cheekyboy said:

Phil probably not there today, being a Thursday?

Each album come with a new MoFi inner sleeve?

Cheers,

Keith

Phil, is not cheap but well priced vs quality. yes still comes with new MoFi inner sleeve and cleaned. great place to find blues that I like... Yep, Phil not in on Thursdays.

• Like 2

Curtis Mayfield ‎– Keep On Keeping On: Curtis Mayfield Studio Albums 1970-1974.  4LP box set for $90.  bargin, mastered by Chris Bellman and pressed @ Optimal.   look forward to listening to this :thumb:      first Curtis album was dished, so have to wait for it to flatten.

wu3Aih0.jpg?1

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Curtis Mayfield ‎– Keep On Keeping On: Curtis Mayfield Studio Albums 1970-1974.  4LP box set for $90.  bargin, mastered by Chris Bellman and pressed @ Optimal.   look forward to listening to this :thumb:      first Curtis album was dished, so have to wait for it to flatten.

wu3Aih0.jpg?1

That's a bit tempting. I don't have any of those on LP. Interested to hear how they are. Great albums, especially the first two, and Sweet Exorcist is funky as. I get it's 'studio albums' but I reckon it's a bit of a pity they didn't fit Curtis/Live! and Superfly in the set. He was on fire for awhile there 

2 hours ago, Monty said:

That's a bit tempting. I don't have any of those on LP. Interested to hear how they are. Great albums, especially the first two, and Sweet Exorcist is funky as. I get it's 'studio albums' but I reckon it's a bit of a pity they didn't fit Curtis/Live! and Superfly in the set. He was on fire for awhile there 

I have played the first two albums and they are excellent.  The first album is light years better than my other US pressing.

well worth it imo.

• Like 1

Just purchased via Discogs, Kansas "The Absence Of Presence" LP.

Had to get it done! B|

R-15545307-1593365553-5250.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2