stevoz

What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

On 07/10/2019 at 10:31 PM, Be Quiet...Listen said:

My most recent addition. Need to find the time to listen to it! 

7EF513A4-1B47-4DE8-B49B-351F0DB1FE07.jpeg

I finally bought this a couple of months ago, after many years of deliberation. Love Ry Cooder, and this pressing is superb. 

Hi All,

Just arrived with the delivery person, the new Opeth Album, In Cauda Venenum (Poison In The Tail), will give it a quick clean and have a listen later today.

It was originally released in 2 versions, one in English and the other in Swedish, I have an English copy, but its the music that matters :thumb:

Opeth.jpg.9f38910dc16a7c547340bfbfb1040a92.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

On 16/10/2019 at 8:22 PM, oneflewnorth said:

Snagged this original press yesterday in LA.

14FC9B35-9F04-40C3-962F-08123B76A1F2.jpeg

Which pressing is it? If it's the A2/B2 pressing with the solid blue triangle on the label it's worth a darn side more than $34

3 hours ago, Chigurh said:

Which pressing is it? If it's the A2/B2 pressing with the solid blue triangle on the label it's worth a darn side more than $34

Hell yeah!🤑

20 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Hell yeah!🤑

Out of interest what is the quadrophonic SQ Aussie version worth? I just found two, deep in my cupboard .😁😁 maybe., one with the 2 original posters inside and the other with just one.

18 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

Out of interest what is the quadrophonic SQ Aussie version worth? I just found two, deep in my cupboard .😁😁 maybe., one with the 2 original posters inside and the other with just one.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1002057635 NMs all seem about that (first Aussie quad).

Grinspoon "Chemical Hearts" Greatest Hits LP.....released 7 days ago......been waiting for this.😎

s-l1600.jpg

Op Shop score....couldn't be bothered seeking out the OP Shop Score thread (which I started!😆).

I was on my way out of the shop when I spotted some boxed sets and thought I'll check out Readers Digest Solid Gold 2.

Looks like  it was released in the 80's and actually has some decent music, broken up into different genre's on each disc. Then I checked the condition.....pristine, (including the inners) hardly played if at all. As my brother said later, "Xmas present that the recipient has shelved and rarely played." Not a mark on any disc.

$8 for 7 LP's.👍

https://img.discogs.com/U7DBy1eF2Ldwmpxgcb7q9bMJJTk=/fit-in/600x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-5422874-1435310745-3390.jpeg.jpg

Even if I never play it, all is good....but I will.....at least once.😁

Grinspoon - Chemical Hearts, Korn - The Nothing

AD0AC122-03BD-4ABE-AE37-718596D81D0C.jpeg

34 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Op Shop score....couldn't be bothered seeking out the OP Shop Score thread (which I started!😆).

I was on my way out of the shop when I spotted some boxed sets and thought I'll check out Readers Digest Solid Gold 2.

Looks like  it was released in the 80's and actually has some decent music, broken up into different genre's on each disc. Then I checked the condition.....pristine, (including the inners) hardly played if at all. As my brother said later, "Xmas present that the recipient has shelved and rarely played." Not a mark on any disc.

$8 for 7 LP's.👍

Even if I never play it, all is good....but I will.....at least once.😁

Love these old box sets.

I see that is #2.   Here's the first one.  Not pristine, but still VG

DSC_0426_02.jpg.5ed1a0e4fbd8e9c7abeb10fc8598a395.jpg

3 hours ago, awayward said:

Grinspoon - Chemical Hearts, Korn - The Nothing

AD0AC122-03BD-4ABE-AE37-718596D81D0C.jpeg

@awayward How does the Grinspoon LP sound? Mines in the post atm.

10 hours ago, stevoz said:

How does the Grinspoon LP sound? Mines in the post atm.

@stevoz It sounds ok, nothing special, let me know what you think when you get yours.

I picked up a new copy of Alan Parsons Project I Robot mofi 2x45rpm at the Hifi show on the weekend.

I hadn’t paid much attention to them as a group until a few months ago and have been enjoying exploring their music.

This pressing is quite an experience.

8844d3ac48555bbb5496b00b7adfc7b5.jpg