What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

Hi All,

Arrivals late yesterday afternoon, with Mop Mop taking 8 days, including a weekend to get from Germany:

Mop Mop, Ritual Of The Savage                                                   KGATLW, Eyes Like The Sky

1977514662_Arrivals10_02_2021.jpg.4385a0bdf913ad7beb6af8b6e4bc6b33.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3

?

FR-64 arrived today. Hoping to install tonight! 

I’ll need to steal the headshell from the FR-24, until i can buy a heavier headshell, DL103, and SUT ?

Edit: forgot to add, cable being supplied by @Bill125812 - one of his new Western Electric designs :cool:

Impressed to receive photocopy of all documentation though.

2E09A323-7592-4015-83A9-3F37D4E08ED2.thumb.jpeg.9b46d5c9a92100eb273f03ffcd39fcf0.jpeg

Edited by crtexcnndrm99
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Never been outclassed so fast! 

Oops Sorry!

You have bought yourself a very nice arm in the FR64S.

I have always been a fan of the FR arms and if one were to look at my showcase thread, I mentioned more than a decade ago here on SNA that it was great value for money at the then second hand price of around $1500 and that if you could only have one tonearm then the 64S was my choice.

I see that they have more than  doubled in price since then.

Enjoy the 64!

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just arrived :

Osibisa, Self Titled

1815577556_Arrivals11_02_2021.jpg.c023b1610f78ed1e84977032ecd83a7e.jpg

The Story Of Genesis, Genesis                                                       Steely Dan, Pretzel Logic

• Like 5

On 08/02/2021 at 7:35 PM, hlov said:

Interesting,  which one is that? The Amazon one sounds really good

Sorry bout the late reply, dont know how I missed it.

Got it from Discrepency records but they had no stock but they ordered It.

Sounds fantastic and am pretty chuffed with it. I have read on the net about some surface noise problems but mine is dead quiet.

On 11/02/2021 at 10:47 PM, McCvinyl said:

Sounds fantastic and am pretty chuffed with it. I have read on the net about some surface noise problems but mine is dead quiet.

Nice work! You did get lucky - I went through about three copies of the 45RPM and all of them had heavy bass distortion in the opening track. Rest of the album was fine. I tend to stick with the 33 which has none of the same issues.

1 hour ago, Doppelganger said:

Nice work! You did get lucky - I went through about three copies of the 45RPM and all of them had heavy bass distortion in the opening track. Rest of the album was fine. I tend to stick with the 33 which has none of the same issues.

I guess it had to happen at some time as the album was actually a sweetener from my purchase of the Sade box set in which one of the album was scuffed up to the shitehouse and being no more box sets left I worked out a deal on this album. as it has always been a favourite of mine.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2021 at 10:47 PM, McCvinyl said:

Cool, as I said before I have the Amazon one and had to go to a couple of returns until got a decent one. It’s the 33 RPM version but it does sound nice, guess yours is this

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1328052610

20 hours ago, McCvinyl said:

Im pretty sure thats the one.

21DC390F-37A9-4C53-88B5-F45EB5870D4F.jpeg

The original EU pressing was pressed by MPO and comes with only Ministry of Sound logo, does not have Germany, Made in the EU prints nor Sony Music logo. 

F167BC5E-23D5-4E96-B5A2-68B25CC6709D.thumb.jpeg.4fcb8a59440bd8d6fbb390820174d40c.jpeg

I too went through 3 copies, one was extremely noisy and all seem to have some distortion. I bought all those copies in 2013 when it was first released.

Your copy seems to be the repress by GZ Media. I bought a copy in 2015/2016. https://www.discogs.com/London-Grammar-If-You-Wait/release/12184206

Check the picture it shows 2 logos. Probably check the matrix to be sure. 

The original has lower and deeper bass. More stunning dynamics. The repress sounded excellent too, quieter and cleaner. But it didn’t impress me as much as the original. I eventually sold the GZ and keep the MPO despite the noise & distortions.

Edited by MoveD

1 hour ago, MoveD said:

The original EU pressing was pressed by MPO and comes with only Ministry of Sound logo, does not have Germany, Made in the EU prints nor Sony Music logo. 

F167BC5E-23D5-4E96-B5A2-68B25CC6709D.thumb.jpeg.4fcb8a59440bd8d6fbb390820174d40c.jpeg

I too went through 3 copies, one was extremely noisy and all seem to have some distortion. I bought all those copies in 2013 when it was first released.

Your copy seems to be the repress by GZ Media. I bought a copy in 2015/2016. https://www.discogs.com/London-Grammar-If-You-Wait/release/12184206

Check the picture it shows 2 logos. Probably check the matrix to be sure. 

The original has lower and deeper bass. More stunning dynamics. The repress sounded excellent too, quieter and cleaner. But it didn’t impress me as much as the original. I eventually sold the GZ and keep the MPO despite the noise & distortions.

Wow Dave it sounds like you have been on a hardcore LG journey.

You give me no choice but to track down the MPO and decide for myself?

22 minutes ago, McCvinyl said:

Wow Dave it sounds like you have been on a hardcore LG journey.

You give me no choice but to track down the MPO and decide for myself?

Oh yes I also had the US 33 rpm. As good as it sounds it doesn’t rate! ?

There’s something very special about the MPO 45 rpm pressing. The sound is deep, spacious, immersive, slightly more organic and definitely warmer and more analogue sounding. Once you heard it you just won’t want to hear the other versions... I do  hope you find a clean and quiet copy. Best of luck! ?

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Arrivals Today:

Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Liverpool                                              Wishbone Ash, Live Dates Two

2015881143_Arrivals17_02_2021.jpg.787f8881895d7b9f48790b703c48512d.jpg

Nightmares On Wax, A Word Of Science

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Arrivals Today:

Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Liverpool                                              Wishbone Ash, Live Dates Two

2015881143_Arrivals17_02_2021.jpg.787f8881895d7b9f48790b703c48512d.jpg

Nightmares On Wax, A Word Of Science

Have you heard Liverpool before? I'd be interested to know what you think of it JJ. To me it was a huge letdown after the brilliant first album WTTPD.

I never play it.:( 

40 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Have you heard Liverpool before? I'd be interested to know what you think of it JJ. To me it was a huge letdown after the brilliant first album WTTPD.

I never play it.:( 

me either.   perhaps I will bring it out and give it a spin - would be at least 30 years :blink:

Rage Hard!!

a few tone poet's turned up today

s6Bvqcl.jpg

• Like 3