What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

Hi All,

Two album just delivered, 

Brian Eno, Music For Films                                                                 Stone Free, A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix, Various Artists

1/2 Speed Remastered At Abbey Road

1681708054_Arrivals18_12_2020.jpg.4493b4c66d0d08ba984397f976dc916c.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

The yammy 3200 was found to have their phonostage's absolute polarity inverted (stereophile magazine measurement).

it is quite possible that their entire integrated amp line-up employ the same circuitry philosophy for their phonostages.

the cd-s3000/cd-s2100 players had their analogue outputs wired inverted absolute polarity too (Australia's AVHub measurement). 

my very first turntable, the gyro se, was setup by the dealer with absolute polarity inverted at the back of the cartridge.

for a week i felt there was something not quite right with the sound.

something just didn't gel.

comparing online photos with the actual thing made me suspect what could be the issue.

so the dealer had to come with his little tweezers to connect the pins correctly.

after that, the sound became right.

since the yammy's phono connections are single-ended, and there's no polarity switch on board, the possible remedy might be to swap the +/- pins at the back of the cartridge. It's not ideal, but's worth a try.

1 hour ago, hlov said:

The Grinch COVID couldn’t ruin the Xmas. I’ll be a good boy on won’t open this my little light present.

Thanks @artaudio for your kind offer, lucky me I managed to get it here

8F34F430-57EF-4FA4-BF7F-9015FF335571.jpeg

More Yamaha audio beauty!

I'm impatient so I unboxed it for you. xD  It's gorgeous!

yamahaa-s2100integratedamplifiersilvermelbournehifi1_2048x.jpg?v=1600588955

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, jeromelang said:

The yammy 3200 was found to have their phonostage's absolute polarity inverted (stereophile magazine measurement).

it is quite possible that their entire integrated amp line-up employ the same circuitry philosophy for their phonostages.

the cd-s3000/cd-s2100 players had their analogue outputs wired inverted absolute polarity too (Australia's AVHub measurement). 

my very first turntable, the gyro se, was setup by the dealer with absolute polarity inverted at the back of the cartridge.

for a week i felt there was something not quite right with the sound.

something just didn't gel.

comparing online photos with the actual thing made me suspect what could be the issue.

so the dealer had to come with his little tweezers to connect the pins correctly.

after that, the sound became right.

since the yammy's phono connections are single-ended, and there's no polarity switch on board, the possible remedy might be to swap the +/- pins at the back of the cartridge. It's not ideal, but's worth a try.

Thanks mate, I won’t be using the built in phono stage as I have a nice tube pre-amp

• Like 1

Hi All,

An arrival today, Rush Permanent : Waves 40th Anniversary Box Set of 3 albums :

1, Original Album 

2. 2 albums of 1980 World Tour Live Excerpts 

13853643_RushPermanentWaves40thAnniversary.jpg.eb0a504e4f503d52c957eedec7ddd425.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Hi All,

Arrivals today:

Dead Can Dance, Spleen and Ideal                                    Bowie, Who Can I Be Now? (1974-1976)

296093085_Arrivals3012_2020.jpg.0f08c6dd234c73e175554ad86d945f0a.jpg

Creedence, The 1969 Releases Box Set                                         Air, Le Soler Est Pres De Moi

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 24/12/2020 at 12:01 PM, hlov said:

The Grinch COVID couldn’t ruin the Xmas. I’ll be a good boy on won’t open this my little light present.

Thanks @artaudio for your kind offer, lucky me I managed to get it here

8F34F430-57EF-4FA4-BF7F-9015FF335571.jpeg

nice one Hector.  I'm sure it's delivering the goods now and sounds great.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Hi All,

Arrived today,

Sleep, Leagues Beneath                                                               Hello Forever, Whatever It Is

1169628673_Arrivals5.1_2021.jpg.1433a3a871d4f82b81fc01fc5a3f358b.jpg

JJ

• Like 3