What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

A HMV 102e in sexy red.

Was pretty dusty and mouldy but cleaned up nicely. The gizzards just need a bit of a lube and is all running good. Even come with a boot and back seat full of 78s, poor pulsar nearly didnt make it up the steep driveway. 

20200924_162533.jpg

20200924_161456.jpg

20200924_160345.jpg

20200924_154953.jpg

20200924_154916.jpg

20200924_150343.jpg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, awty said:

A HMV 102e in sexy red.

Was pretty dusty and mouldy but cleaned up nicely. The gizzards just need a bit of a lube and is all running good. Even come with a boot and back seat full of 78s, poor pulsar nearly didnt make it up the steep driveway. 

Lovely machine.     Looks well made, that's a decent shaped horn, should produce a nice sound.

26 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Lovely machine.     Looks well made, that's a decent shaped horn, should produce a nice sound.

It must be a late model some time in the 50s, has a 5b sound box. Tip toe through the tulips never sounded better.

Think a bit of acoustic bats in the box should help the horn.

Bought it for my wife, she likes all that English stuff.

Edited by awty

1 hour ago, aussievintage said:

um... random words on a page?

Special most work left ty pl...

Edited by Guest

I just tried to pay $600 to for someone to come and confirm a TT was set up properly... declined...

*Also,!whatsb up with the sendup of then automxoeenr,!85!doeanruian?

Also, what’s up with the auto Irene, duck it I give o!!!

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

WTF!!!

I was thinking of commenting about the cryptic nature of your post.  Then I saw this one...  Had a few eh?

Wine with cat assistance!

That's what you get for not hiring a proper PA ?

Anyhoo bringing the bar back down, a very modest purchase after seeing this in the "Vinyl Currently Spinning" thread a few days back.  Reminded me that i used to have this LP, and have missed it madly. 

Cheers

Ticc

R-1305473-1400682287-1329.jpeg.jpg

Edited by 2Brix
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

That's what you get for not hiring a proper PA

Iz supervisorz - not PAz... silly hooman...

994752FE-F68E-4CEE-9C30-5D4F9F505111.jpeg

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, 2Brix said:

Anyhoo bringing the bar back down, a very modest purchase after seeing this in the "Vinyl Currently Spinning" thread a few days back.  Reminded me that i used to have this LP, and have missed it madly. 

Cheers

Ticc

Great album, my Jap pressing is coming by sea from Poland. I hope it will be here by Xmas :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2Brix said:

Cheers

Ticc

This is a great album as I also have in my collection ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2Brix said:

Cheers

Ticc

Nice LP.  The Magazine is also well worth getting, hauntingly slow piano, will test the quality of your record player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awty said:

Nice LP.  The Magazine is also well worth getting, hauntingly slow piano, will test the quality of your record player.

I have Magazine on CD and presently i'm trying to minimise duplication.  I want to get (re-buy) Pirates first....then maybe Magazine down the track ?

Cheers

Ticc

2 hours ago, 2Brix said:

I have Magazine on CD and presently i'm trying to minimise duplication.  I want to get (re-buy) Pirates first....then maybe Magazine down the track ?

Cheers

Ticc

Cool. I still have all 3 lps I bought back in the day. Think she did her best on The Magazine, but I haven't heard much of what she did afterwards. 

• Like 1