What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

2 hours ago, MattyW said:

Yeah,  the F is a bit harder to come by....  Ditto the 7 unfortunately and the 66 is unobtainium  :(

Either way,  I think I'll be very happy with this. If only something like this was available in modern tables.

Couldn't agree more.

DD, QL, Magic arm.

Heavy though.

There was a massive thread on Audio Circle about damping them by filling the plinth with Plasticene.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eman said:

There was a massive thread on Audio Circle about damping them by filling the plinth with Plasticene.

Yeah,  I won't be doing that hey. Slapping a little Dynamat Extreme on the underside is as far as I'm likely to go :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Yeah,  I won't be doing that hey. Slapping a little Dynamat Extreme on the underside is as far as I'm likely to go :)

You could try a mat like the one I made from that barium filled pvc damping material that I posted about.

35 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

You could try a mat like the one I made from that barium filled pvc damping material that I posted about.

I'm more inclined to use one of the SDS IsoPlatMat's I already have + SDS record weight.  These things make an incredible difference on any table I've tried them on. ;)

22 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Does a set of speakers count as an analogue purchase?

Just committed to these bad boys:-

Wharfedale_Elysium_qu.jpg

Those Wharfedale Elysian 4's look sensational - hopefully as good in person.        Have you heard them yet?

• Like 1

Great looking Wharfedale speakers...my preference would also be a natural timber finish.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, today I received a $79.95 iFi iPower for my iPhono2 phono stage. An amazing extra level of clarity and detail, in line with similar results from Gieseler Kraftwerk LPSUs on DACs and the like.

• Like 3

I bought this today...Mama, by Adrian Eagle...an Adelaide lad i believe......so also keepin it local!! 

I had been stalking/following him on Spotify and eventually noticed he had released this EP a few months ago?  Anyhoo i located one at JBs last weekend but when i got home found it was badly bowed....almost 10mm!!.....and took it back.  They were VERY understanding and during the week transferred one from another store which i collected this morning.......and it seems fine, well not perfect a small amount of warpage this time (as opposed to bowing) but acceptable.  Sooooooo looking forward to spinning this after dins dins ?

R-14389311-1573536199-3369.jpeg.jpg

Edited by 2Brix
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 6:21 PM, lenticularis said:

Great looking Wharfedale speakers...my preference would also be a natural timber finish.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, today I received a $79.95 iFi iPower for my iPhono2 phono stage. An amazing extra level of clarity and detail, in line with similar results from Gieseler Kraftwerk LPSUs on DACs and the like.

Would the ipower device have an equivalent effect on a tube phono stage? Interested, because I had a similar positive experience with the ifi 5v PS for my squeezebox. 

1 hour ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Would the ipower device have an equivalent effect on a tube phono stage? Interested, because I had a similar positive experience with the ifi 5v PS for my squeezebox. 

Well, I reckon it's worth a try! The effect I got with it on the iPhono2 was similar to the extra separation between instruments, or extra depth and space to the sound-stage when I added the top Gieseler linear PSU to my Klein DAC. In each case, the 'before PSU' quality was great on its own, but enhanced by the PSU.

• Like 2

On 30/05/2020 at 7:30 PM, Cardiiiii said:

Curious to see what the fuss is with these MoFi releases

The Carol King one is a beauty.