What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

Received today, 4 Dio limited edition remasters, covers have a lenticular image, looks spectacular in person.

Def Leppard remaster, have been hoping for their s/t album to be remastered, the digital version is great so looking forward to hearing the vinyl. Pure Reason Revolution - Eupnea, with bonus CD, and a good Winger album.

All getting a US clean and then play time.

48B18DBC-131C-4A02-B1A4-609923B9F985.jpeg

B2AF3EBC-4FBB-4378-A0ED-7126EB48B783.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Uncle Seth said:

Ordered via Bandcamp, some vinyl from Otoboke Beaver (LP and a 5" single)

35192269_ItekomaHitsLP.jpg.ca73cc78e8b8e16d9e1f44c35a0eb5cc.jpgMojo.jpg.af5cec7cb677d49d812c3e1a3f48ed32.jpg

Just as a matter of interest, Uncle - not that I think I would ever seek out this band of lovelies (although @metal beatmay well  :lol: ) - do you know what 'Otoboke' means?

@Ittaku?

Hopefully not  'spread'!  :lol:

Andy

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, andyr said:

Just as a matter of interest, Uncle - not that I think I would ever seek out this band of lovelies (although @metal beatmay well  :lol: ) - do you know what 'Otoboke' means?

@Ittaku?

otoboke is "feigned ignorance" :)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, andyr said:

@Ittaku?

Andy

Hello Andy, from Bandcamp - The band is from Kyoto and the band’s name is taken from a local ‘Love Hotel’.

• Haha 1

So just committed to a Primare R35 phono pre (Black).

I have played with quite a few different units over the last few months (in the price bracket I can afford atm). All of the units tried (E.A.R., OAD etc) were great and with a bit more disposable cash I wouldve bought the OAD, but as a previous R32 owner, I feel the gains were large with the R35, despite having less time to play with one than all the others).

So, should have my one next week!

Few pics of the one I got to play with prior...

104158399_PrimareR352.thumb.jpg.9c752ef972995a8fde0ff7c6daa486a2.jpg

1446014626_PrimareR353.thumb.jpg.93a7e77ce0269cbf73af187ee8b55d41.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All,

A few LPs that arrived today

878434330_Arrivals16.4_20.jpg.65cac9a3263f46c966cddc586d8199d3.jpg

From L > R< Top > Bottom

Wardruna Runaljod Gap Var Ginnunga       Queen A Day At The Races

Sting Ten Summoners Tales        Dream Theater Score 20th Anniversary 

Rage Against The Machine       Dead Or Alive Mad Bad & Dangerous To Know

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 6

Hi All

Arrived today

322594953_Arrivals28.4_20.jpg.4e3c192ab95a28569c2744d15bde4e39.jpg

From Top Left :

B-52's, Dance This Mess Around Best Of                      Prince, Chaos And Disorder 

Bill Bruford Rock Goes To College                                  Art Of Noise, In Visible Silence 

Diana Krall, Look Of Love

JJ

• Like 6

Hi All,

Some arrivals today

2013969950_Arrivals6May2020.jpg.1e27dd37b74b4e29638ac4e399a8f01d.jpg

Monster Skies: Various Artists                               Lonesome and Blue: Various Artists

Rhiannon Giddins: Freedom Highway               Boards Of Canada: Tomorrow's Harvest

Elevium: Copia

JJ

• Like 3

On 14/04/2020 at 4:19 PM, andyr said:

@Ittaku?

Andy

Hi Andy,

some Mothers Day vibes from Otoboke Beaver...

JVC QL-Y5 turntable.

Will be flogging my 3x other turntables when this arrives. Looking forward to trying the servo controlled tonearm. Meant to be on another level to even my Fidelity Research tonearms and the JVC direct drives were excellent too.

I'll just have to recap, replace the tonearm wire and then a few little aesthetic repairs.

39 minutes ago, MattyW said:

JVC QL-Y5 turntable.

Will be flogging my 3x other turntables when this arrives. Looking forward to trying the servo controlled tonearm. Meant to be on another level to even my Fidelity Research tonearms and the JVC direct drives were excellent too.

I'll just have to recap, replace the tonearm wire and then a few little aesthetic repairs.

Really liked mine.

I had the 'Y5F'. Full auto.

26 minutes ago, eman said:

Really liked mine.

I had the 'Y5F'. Full auto.

Yeah,  the F is a bit harder to come by....  Ditto the 7 unfortunately and the 66 is unobtainium  :(

Either way,  I think I'll be very happy with this. If only something like this was available in modern tables.

• Like 1