What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

On 17/12/2019 at 9:26 PM, furtherpale said:

33F41136-7E36-45BB-92B1-6DEC5D10AB22.jpeg

Forgot to thank @Frank Prowse Hi-Fi for these last week (Weezer), and what a week it has been:

White Stripes Vault #42 (just beautiful and 2 LPs of concerts and alternate mixes) and a further few all analogue beauties :)

6C5F8A78-F10F-4683-B7FD-31BE1158AB26.jpeg

B06E2722-A758-4BF7-8F9F-907B30B4F271.jpeg

Have 4 more orders still on their way :)

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 5

More of my post-system completion splurge is trickling in.

I’m about to start focusing on collecting 1980-1995 (roughly) underground alternative. I have HEAPs of MP3s ‘collected’ in my teens (only way I could get it) as more or less a ‘wishlist’ (and NM copies are cheap and easy to find). 

This 3 track ep is everything right about 1990 punk/alt... how it should be... and it has the amazing ‘recorded for $300 on reclaimed tapes’ sound I love from that era... $2!

I’d post a link, but all the YouTube versions are ‘remasters’ (possibly re-recordings) for a later digital release and it sounds like someone doing a cover of the EP.

F410E7FC-7ED1-41B5-8679-1125E668110F.jpeg

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 4

On 25/12/2019 at 7:37 PM, Hydrology said:

As the wife is working till later tonight I will have to wait until I get to open and play this beauty:-

Ólafur Arnalds 're:member' Deluxe Edition Box Set (stock photo)

OlafurArnalds_rememberdeluxe-1.jpg.db0a77e9b3deac0b5460542be96a3b9e.jpg

EGmA5MrWwAc_VhK.jpg.55a9dafa9c6724eee46430b8e339f063.jpg

How’s the SQ and pressing?

Haul after a  trip to Micro Grooves today:-

Unfortunately most of what we bought was claimed as US pressings. Further investigation shows they are actually Australian pressings. Indifferent to country of origin, but more frustrated about the idea of being conned...

IMG_20200104_135750-01.jpeg

Edited by Hydrology
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Unfortunately most of what we bought was claimed as US pressings. Further investigation shows they are actually Australian pressings. Indifferent to country of origin, but more frustrated about the idea of being conned...

Get the Discogs app and check in-store.....and then embarrass the salesperson.?

• Like 1

IMG_20200104_135750-01.jpeg

Yeah, I'd be having a go mate. Not the fact that they are Aussie pressings ( which are most prob better) but the bullshitting.

• Like 2

Many people who sell, it would be fair to say, should have a clue but simply don't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyflip said:

Many people who sell, it would be fair to say, should have a clue but simply don't.

Funny thing is, its a micro-store that advertise that they have contacts all over America sourcing quality US pressings. Yeah, Aussie ones it seems.

The are closing down, so perhaps Karma prevails?

Spent the last of my Xmas money at 'Rockinghorse Records' and the 'Record Exchange' in Brisbane yesterday.

Genesis 'Invisible Touch', Brainticket 'Cottonwood Hill', King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard 'Infest the Rat's Nest', Styx 'Self-titled', Talking Heads 'Speaking in Tongues' and Bob Marley 'Legend'

P1070675.thumb.JPG.bd046ef4cac637a4bbe48c6656939258.JPG

• Like 5