What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

56 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Nice.  Where was this review, I must have missed it?

I didnt even look at that,haha. I just uploaded the pic :) Just heard Sessions Side one which also had The Ballad of John and Yoko and Goodbye.:thumb:

1 minute ago, Wimbo said:

I didnt even look at that,haha. I just uploaded the pic :) Just heard Sessions Side one which also had The Ballad of John and Yoko and Goodbye.:thumb:

Oops, too mellow. You found Steve and Mikey's reviews?

3 minutes ago, rantan said:

Yep.

Singing about bashing women black and blue does ( rightly ) cause a lot of concern.

One of my all time favourite TV shows (The Honeymooners) was basically about a belligerent large fat man threatening to send his wife "To the Moon" (presumably beat her up). However the wife was by far the stronger and more intelligent personality who always had the last laugh. I guess it is all about historical context.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Saxon Hall said:

One of my all time favourite TV shows (The Honeymooners) was basically about a belligerent large fat man threatening to send his wife "To the Moon" (presumably beat her up). However the wife was by far the stronger and more intelligent personality who always had the last laugh. I guess it is all about historical context.

One of these days, POW right in the kisser !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/09/2019 at 7:32 AM, Eagleeyes said:

what a puurfect album to test the new catridge...

I have a similar but only different set up. My cat is named Bondi.

My Dad always wanted to visit the beach but, my mother would not let him.

Every other day or so a cat hair will settle on the tip of my SoundSmith...just at the wrong time.

I clean it and give my cat a rub.

On 27/09/2019 at 9:23 PM, aussievintage said:

One of these days, POW right in the kisser !

A show that represented how a lot of people lived back then. And they didn't know anything different. They still had time at the end of each episode to have a big hug.

• Like 1

I scored this box set used but advertised as unplayed 

When it showed up I was a little disappointed because the records looked a little grotty 

This morning I gave all 5 a bath in my nitty gritty RCM & it’s awesome

Happy Brad

81056122-9751-45B8-A517-969370064388.jpeg

• Like 3

Just picked up on ebay from importcds-au, who occasionally sell 'like new' LP's at well under the new price......snap!

Rush "Hemispheres" 2015 remastered reissue, ?French pressing (has BIEM/SDRM on the Discogs notes).

Image result for rush hemispheres album cover
  • Like 3

Morning All,

Delivery person just dropped off 2 remastered Deep Purple albums, In Rock and The Last Concert In Japan. 

The Last Concert In Japan was remastered from the original tapes at Abbey Road 

Tracklist:
A1    Burn    
A2    Love Child    
A3    You Keep On Moving    
A4    Wild Dogs    
B1    Lady Luck    
B2    Smoke On The Water    
B3    Soldier Of Fortune    
B4    Woman From Tokyo    
B5    Highway Star

In Rock "The Original 1970 UK edition featuring the full length version of Speed King. Newly Remastered from the original analog tapes and cut to vinyl at half speed "

Tracklist:
A1    Speed King    
A2    Bloodsucker    
A3    Child In Time    
B1    Flight Of The Rat    
B2    Into The Fire    
B3    Living Wreck    
B4    Hard Lovin' Man

Purple.jpg.a9a423d02e2b8567d4b57d685401c52d.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 29/09/2019 at 9:36 PM, Hydrology said:

This arrived on Friday

Passion for Vinyl (Book & 7") by Robert Haagsma

_MH19592.jpg

_MH19594.jpg

This purchase certainly piqued my interest and as such, I have just picked up a copy after a heavily discounted ebay 'offer' came my way following me just checking it out on ebay. For once, nice to be spied on! ?

This publication indeed looks worthy of inspection.....

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

Just purchased on Discogs.....The B52's "With The Wild Crowd!" CD (not available on vinyl) of their 2011 live show in their home town of Athens, Georgia.....very cheap, hence the purchase.? I have the bluray of this concert.....it's a lot of fun, like all things B52's.?

https://img.discogs.com/gpY4EodrFDHloRhM2FeTcPlP_5A=/fit-in/600x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-3406748-1329169358.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, stevoz said:

This purchase certainly piqued my interest and as such, I have just picked up a copy after a heavily discounted ebay 'offer' came my way following me just checking it out on ebay. For once, nice to be spied on! ?

This publication indeed looks worthy of inspection.....

Yeah just waiting on the recently released Part 2 to become more "economically priced"!

• Like 2