What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

Just now off Discogs, a NM Japanese 1976 reissue of Wishbone Ash's 1971 album "Argus".....at a good price. Very excited!

Been wanting this on vinyl for quite awhile now.....

https://img.discogs.com/nRIyaCXdvr5aMb_6_fpIpQ4jvuA=/fit-in/591x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-4242155-1404385143-3665.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Rush of blood before I go to bed (will I sleep better?)......Talking Heads "Speaking In Tongues"...."near new" vinyl from importscds-au. Have this on CD but have wanted it on vinyl.....and it was cheap! (33% off).?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZkoAAOSwTaFdTG6I/s-l500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 13/08/2019 at 2:42 PM, stevoz said:

Wishbone Ash's 1971 album "Argus".

I have this from 30-40 years ago with fond memories of my Doberman named Argus.

Will give it a spin Tomorrow. Time was.

Edited by Hazzzy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I have just taken delivery of the Luxman EQ-500 to match my PD171a.

will need a few hours of run in but already.......wow......much fuller sound with huge improvement in bass response, lower background noise and the pops and crackles are a lot less intrusive 

3E78C91A-B5E2-4654-9726-7A8347897F9F.jpeg

Edited by 100resu
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Eagleeyes said:

Hey Stevoz , look what I found for you 1679813972_ScreenShot2019-08-15at11_30_09am.thumb.png.fb569b23c16024011aec163a9875bf83.png

Many thanks for thinking of me @Eagleeyes but I actually purchased a 'like new' Australian 1st pressing of this about two months ago (for $34 incl. postage ?).....and it actually is like new?. Such a good album.....

Cheers and thanks again.....?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 100resu said:

will need a few hours of run in but already.......wow......much fuller sound with huge improvement in bass response, lower background noise and the pops and crackles are a lot less intrusive 

These units are a superb piece of kit.....very nice score.?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Many thanks for thinking of me @Eagleeyes but I actually purchased a 'like new' Australian 1st pressing of this about two months ago (for $34 incl. postage ?).....and it actually is like new?. Such a good album.....

Cheers and thanks again.....?

wise choice Steve.   the Aussie pressing sounds better than the digital 30th anniversary release on vinyl.   Matt must have gotten deaf in his old age.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 100resu said:

Nice.  what did you have before?

50 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

OH sorry Steve it was Dusk you were after as well wasn't it.?? Will keep my eyes peeled whilst I play my own original UK copy????

Ps I am really starting to fall for Luxman gear, its the dogs nuts...

Yes, it was Dusk. It was only released on vinyl in the UK.....rare as hen's teeth I would imagine. Enjoy yours you lucky bastard!?

Luxman? I love Luxman....my first amp and second cassette deck were Luxman (L3 and K5). Still have them in storage. Beautiful gear. Alas, the new stuff is out of my reach for now.?

Edited by stevoz

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

Yes, it was Dusk. It was only released on vinyl in the UK.....rare as hen's teeth I would imagine. Enjoy yours you lucky bastard!?

Luxman? I love Luxman....my first amp and second cassette deck were Luxman (L3 and K5). Still have them in storage. Beautiful gear. Alas, the new stuff is out of my reach for now.?

Luxman craftsmanship is second to none. 

• Like 1