What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

21 minutes ago, Kensell21 said:

Thanks didn’t think I could order from Mofi direct being overseas.
Noticed that there no GST. Is that added on later?

I’ve bought a few records direct Third Man Records and MoFi from the US, and so far I’ve not been charged GST at all. 

I think (for practical purposes) its only the big sellers (eBay/Amazon) that collect GST for the Australian government.

https://www.abf.gov.au/buying-online/buying-online

Edited by furtherpale

I’ve bought a few records direct Third Man Records and MoFi from the US, and so far I’ve not been charged GST at all. 

I think (for practical purposes) its only the big sellers (eBay/Amazon) that collect GST for the Australian government.

https://www.abf.gov.au/buying-online/buying-online

I used to buy a lot from Elusive Disc but they do now charge that GST which hit my last order from them.
I was thinking of buying the Mofi from Music Direct. I think they own Mofi now?

Just received a shipment from the UK.  Uriah Heep "The Salisbury Sessions 1970" (remixes and alternate takes), Deep Purple 'In Rock' (remastered), Queensryche 'Empire', Lana Del Ray 'Paradise' and Cathedral 'Garden of Unearthly Delights'

P1070475.thumb.JPG.cd0e7d0b431785593390a0e1f28f5379.JPG

• Like 3

On 04/05/2019 at 12:45 AM, KRSDarwin said:

Hi furtherpale,

The MoFi is Little Feat’s second album, Sailin Shoes.  I believe it may be well recorded.  I already have As Time Goes By, The Very Best of Little Feat (album cover of Casablanca with duck) which we enjoy, so am looking forward to playing this on Sunday when back home

F825C935-2C18-4FCA-BD84-0F1A8635F4A6.jpeg

9215F518-5CE3-41C6-96F6-B182D7B6B0BE.jpeg

What were your thoughts on this? 

I have the same on Mofi and think the first American press of Dixie Chicken is as good for SQ (personal favourite) recommended. Would like to hear what the speakers corner press sounds like, does anyone have a copy 

Picked this up from the post office on my way home tonight. It There's a couple areas that are a little delicate on the arm (cartridge leads and anti-skate) otherwise it's a fairly easy install. Took me about an hour to get it bolted in and using the Shure test record set up to a "let's give 'er a spin" level. 

This is a huge step up from the RB250. 

I can hardly wait to get my hands on a Hana ML to top off my front end.

580186611.jpg

• Like 4

Not exactly today but a few days back. This almost made me weep and simultaneously tingle with joy. I was using my new TT and Ortofon 2M Black and it was an almost out-of-body experience.

https://suldusk-northernsilence.bandcamp.com/album/lunar-falls

The other one was this. An acoustic atmosphere to die for (no pun intended ) which you will see when you click the link. Just superb.

https://nordvis.bandcamp.com/album/aftonklang-live-at-emanuel-vigeland-mausoleum.

Everybody needs these albums.

• Like 1

@rantan  Nice to see your still a citizen of the Bandcamp universe Lnz(like me) and especially in the analogue one! You ditched didn't you and came back again. It's a funny world this hifi one. I've ditched CD's and my lovely tube output stage thingy that (I've been informed) I gave away recently.

Currently sipping a red and listening to the CDP's replacement. Marvellous stuff.

...But I think of what's gone. No comparison anymore  between a tube CDP and a fully fledged  mid hifi streamer with a lot of bells+whistles.

The one fall back?

Vinyl. Can't be anything else really can it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Luc said:

@rantan  Nice to see your still a citizen of the Bandcamp universe Lnz(like me) and especially in the analogue one! You ditched didn't you and came back again. It's a funny world this hifi one. I've ditched CD's and my lovely tube output stage thingy that (I've been informed) I gave away recently.

Currently sipping a red and listening to the CDP's replacement. Marvellous stuff.

...But I think of what's gone. No comparison anymore  between a tube CDP and a fully fledged  mid hifi streamer with a lot of bells+whistles.

The one fall back?

Vinyl. Can't be anything else really can it.

I still have my 2 CDPs and still use silver discs (albeit much less often ) There is so much music not available on vinyl and I have 10 times as many CDs as LPs however..........................I don't get the emotional response playing a CD as I do when playing an LP and I am exploring new genres which I had not previously been  aware of just like the two I linked to.

As for streaming, every few months I think how I should get into it but I never seem to proceed beyond the thought bubble. With my response to vinyl like these two examples, it has been a very long time since music has made me weep or holler or jump or just sit motionless for an hour or two.

THAT is what I missed for so long and it ( vinyl ) is the only game in town for the emotion quotient.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rantan said:

(I wish @Marc could bring back the hover thing where you scroll over the members name and then get the "@ what'shisname option when your replying  ect) untill then I'll use the above clunky quote version.

I'm not entirely convinced it is Rantan(minus the @) (the only show in town) as the streamer I'm running which does stuff I have no idea about but does it all the same, is seductive.

Both in  ease of use and deliverance.

It's not for no reason that the pointyheaded nerds who inhabit the digital section here wax lyrical about the format and the hardware.

For me ( actually, definitely Rantan ) if I want fast entertainment with no emotional interaction, I will plonk a silver disc in the tray, press play and then get on with  doing the other 5 things I was doing before.

When I want to connect with the music and feel happy /sad/angry/ nostalgic or prone to outing the air guitar. I sit in the sweet spot, tea mug in hand and drift off to places unknown or re-discovered, then it is vinyl and that is just the way of it boyo.:)

I trawl Bandcamp and Spotify only through my desk top comp, in order to discover LPs to buy and to ensure I don't end up with any $50 duds.

• Like 3

On 22/05/2019 at 2:05 PM, shawnwes said:

Picked this up from the post office on my way home tonight. It There's a couple areas that are a little delicate on the arm (cartridge leads and anti-skate) otherwise it's a fairly easy install. Took me about an hour to get it bolted in and using the Shure test record set up to a "let's give 'er a spin" level. 

This is a huge step up from the RB250. 

I can hardly wait to get my hands on a Hana ML to top off my front end.

580186611.jpg

What sort of arm is that? It certainly looks nice.

1 hour ago, shawnwes said:

The Audiomods Series 6. He's no longer using the Rega 330 armwand and now builds his own arm almost completely in house.

Arm looks excellent. Nice visual upgrade from the rega tube with holes in it :D

Last analogue things l brought were 'Pete's Pylons' suspension replacement for Michell Gyrodec/Orbe turntables, this is easily the best upgrade l have done in a long, long while, taking my Gyro up a good few notches.:)

Edited by Andy Saunders