What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

1 minute ago, Wimbo said:

I've played the third album so far and its unbelievable. Its remastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Gundmans LA Studio.

I've got the original in good condition, so I can compare:thumb:

Great to hear! Do you have an original US pressing? Your comparison of the two would be great. 

Edited by Be Quiet...Listen

1 minute ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

Great to hear! Do you have an original US pressing? Your comparison of the two would be great. 

Not sure, I'll check. Need to pop[ out ATM but I'll be back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

Mines the 71 UK version. So not the original but close.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hlov said:

Hahaha, bootleg? Isn’t the cover supposed to be green

The 'official' CD release had the yellow/pink cover.....it's that way on Discogs. All legit! ??

Edited by stevoz

On 28/04/2019 at 9:42 AM, Be Quiet...Listen said:

Listening again. The Pommie pressing is very good. I've seen people put crap on this album because of the "sound" quality. I much prefer how it is, dont want a "Studio" live recording.

That being said, the RSD version is quieter with more detail in the instruments and a blacker sound stage. "Southern Mans" duel is quite impressive. 

In my view, well worth the investment and no warps as well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

Listening again. The Pommie pressing is very good. I've seen people put crap on this album because of the "sound" quality. I much prefer how it is, dont want a "Studio" live recording.

That being said, the RSD version is quieter with more detail in the instruments and a blacker sound stage. "Southern Mans" duel is quite impressive. 

In my view, well worth the investment and no warps as well.

Thanks for that! ?

Hi All,

In Osaka and found 2 record Stores across the road from the main Osaka Railway station, purchased a few more new records from Tower, and half a dozen used / recycled from King Kong, Camel Breathless for Y1200 in VG+ condition

Camel.jpg.5e86dc74fb2bf56b6e04e5a9a54527bc.jpg

Jethro Tull, Benefit VG Condition Y1200

Benefit.jpg.4b1c4e0fd2c53c6ed1f1282cd3d7f9cc.jpg

Plus some classical music LPs from Japanese Orchestras.

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

Analog haul for today, courtesy of Title in Surry Hills.  Looking forward to spinning them when I return home

B587548E-CB60-4C8B-97D2-6E22FA88467C.jpeg

Very nice. Report back how the Bill Evans Trio LP sounds.

I've recently started listening to his stuff, and I'm really impressed with the recording quality of the Sunday At The Village Vanguard.

• Like 1

Saint Etienne Foxbase Alpha box set. The LP is cut at 45rpm and souds sweet. It was pressed at GZ media who use those cheap abrasive inner sleeves. What is the point of going to all the trouble of cutting at 45 from original sources if you're going to make the buyer scratch the record taking it out the first time. I had to cut the records out with scissors and place them in poly/rice paper inner sleeves. 

15568876822992488335794845540244.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, furtherpale said:

What’s that MoFi?

Hi furtherpale,

The MoFi is Little Feat’s second album, Sailin Shoes.  I believe it may be well recorded.  I already have As Time Goes By, The Very Best of Little Feat (album cover of Casablanca with duck) which we enjoy, so am looking forward to playing this on Sunday when back home

F825C935-2C18-4FCA-BD84-0F1A8635F4A6.jpeg

9215F518-5CE3-41C6-96F6-B182D7B6B0BE.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hlov said:

Not sure if it works but looks cool and it was damn cheap ?

72DA70E0-C1F8-4982-A1DE-3BEA4E0CF817.jpeg

I got one of them at a lifeline sale.  It was in with all the records they were selling.  They probably just thought it was another record.  (I gave them extra when I paid for all the records I had selected - I treat it all as a donation)

• Like 2

On 03/05/2019 at 10:07 PM, piotrek said:

Very nice. Report back how the Bill Evans Trio LP sounds.

I've recently started listening to his stuff, and I'm really impressed with the recording quality of the Sunday At The Village Vanguard.

Hi piotrek,

Gave the record a clean (gratuitous photo below of cleaning set-up) and 4 plays over this long weekend. My impression is pretty good recording quality (not right at the top) and material is very good but not outstanding.

I have gained more enjoyment out of the Keith Jarrett, Ben Webster and Nik Bartsch that I have been playing. I wouldn’t say don’t get it but I have found it a little less interesting than some other stuff I listen too. 

Currently spinning this interesting double album - Keith Jarrett Invocations and The Moth and the Flame

6426254F-254C-47A7-9FE3-60AE0213CEBB.jpeg

28919910-6191-496C-8B36-DADDB10FF94E.jpeg

• Like 1

And suddenly the upgrade itch came along, I was just going to audition it , but the addiction is too strong, awesome sound???

0FE52055-20E0-4303-8638-267C7289E237.jpeg

8EE1EB73-12B5-452C-BA64-4E4A592732D4.jpeg

• Like 4

I just bought a Miles Davis Quiet Nights Mono first pressing.

And 60 other albums. From med 60s to 1975...hard rock. Ill post a few photos later today.

Listen to the Music

Newport Jazz 

• Like 2
  • Love 1