What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

1 hour ago, YCC said:

Absolutely! When they and BS&T burst on the scene, their horn-driven rock was a breath of fresh air.

Trying to workout what BS&T is but for the horn reference I bet you mean the guys who sing You've Made Me So Very Happy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

Ahh, your a bit older then me. I was in fourth form in71. Going to my old boys reunion tonight. Class of 73. 45th hehe. 40 plus showing up and a couple of teachers as well.

Plenty of Arthritis for all:thumb:

Enjoy mate, I don't really miss reunions as among other reasons, there's still too much "one-upmanship" even at this later stage in life, apart from the travel costs for me. 

4 hours ago, hlov said:

Trying to workout what BS&T is but for the horn reference I bet you mean the guys who sing You've Made Me So Very Happy

Blood Sweat and Tears bro. This is a very good album as well but not up to the Chicago one IMO.

811su4-P1FL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.fdfd79b5d567d823d455aa2844ebc7ca.jpg

• Like 3

Bought one of these for the phono to amp run. A 1.8m Gecko Premium RCA cable......made in Australia. My brother bought one for the same purpose a few weeks ago and reckons his SQ improved noticeably, in fact, he was pretty blown away by the results. He has a very good system....better than mine. He paid $75 for his, I got mine on ebay for $37 w/free postage. A bargain for a quality cable....

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/FeAAAOSwImRYGTwi/s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gecko-Premium-RCA-Cable-1-8m-BG-14B-for-good-sound-connection/142167965296?hash=item2119defe70:g:FcMAAOSwImRYGTwg:rk:3:pf:0

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Bought one of these for the phono to amp run. A 1.8m Gecko Premium RCA cable......made in Australia. My brother bought one for the same purpose a few weeks ago and reckons his SQ improved noticeably, in fact, he was pretty blown away by the results. He has a very good system....better than mine. He paid $75 for his, I got mine on ebay for $37 w/free postage. A bargain for a quality cable....

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/FeAAAOSwImRYGTwi/s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gecko-Premium-RCA-Cable-1-8m-BG-14B-for-good-sound-connection/142167965296?hash=item2119defe70:g:FcMAAOSwImRYGTwg:rk:3:pf:0

And ?  ( if you have it yet)

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

It's still on the way@Grumpy but I'll report back when it's in place.? As I said before though, my bro is very impressed. He has a Project 6PerspeX TT, Cambridge Azur balanced intergrated amp, Soneteer Sedley phono amp and Mordant Short Performance 6 speakers, so his system is no slouch and he loves this cable. He did replace a Monster cable though?.....which I will be too.

Edited by stevoz

$8 off of eBay. I have been messing around with the set up of my newly added cartridge and have noticed significant differences when adding and subtracting washers to adjust the arm height. It actually sounds the best it has now but I would like to check how level it is. That is of course if this cheap lump of plastic is even accurate...

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

On 20/10/2018 at 4:42 PM, Wimbo said:

Ahh, your a bit older then me. I was in fourth form in71. Going to my old boys reunion tonight. Class of 73. 45th hehe. 40 plus showing up and a couple of teachers as well.

Plenty of Arthritis for all:thumb:

7D7E38D9-5F3F-4EF0-88D5-23C1D7E83717.png

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Wimbo said:

Blood Sweat and Tears bro. This is a very good album as well but not up to the Chicago one IMO.

811su4-P1FL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.fdfd79b5d567d823d455aa2844ebc7ca.jpg

Cool, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this on one of my local record shops, I’ll try to get a copy. I have them on a CBS compilation album with music from that era,

On 21/10/2018 at 3:41 PM, Grumpy said:

On 21/10/2018 at 4:20 PM, stevoz said:

It's still on the way@Grumpy but I'll report back when it's in place.?

Reporting back @Grumpy. The Gecko cable arrived last Friday and I must say it is a beautifully made cable.....I can't believe it cost only $37 (RRP $75.....still a bargain). Alas, it's still sitting on the accessories table. I put on an LP to listen with the old cable for comparison purposes and the right channel was out.....just 'white noise'. Had a fiddle, couldn't get it back. I walked away.....annoyed and defeated??. Ignored it all over the weekend but I'm off work today so will get inside the PHO8 to see if I can rectify the problem......it's not the main amp. Stay tuned.....?

Edited by stevoz

1 hour ago, stevoz said:

Reporting back @Grumpy. The Gecko cable arrived last Friday and I must say it is a beautifully made cable.....I can't believe it cost only $37 (RRP $75.....still a bargain). Alas, it's still sitting on the accessories table. I put on an LP to listen with the old cable for comparison purposes and the right channel was out.....just 'white noise'. Had a fiddle, couldn't get it back. I walked away.....annoyed and defeated??. Ignored it all over the weekend but I'm off work today so will get inside the PHO8 to see if I can rectify the problem......it's not the main amp. Stay tuned.....?

Shister! that's not good. Hope it's not the Pho8 or anything else major