What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

2 minutes ago, Eddierukiddingvarese said:

Cassette Led Zep III

goes with my original Physical Graffiti tape ;)

Sounds great on my Nak

il_fullxfull_589372867_t9of.jpg

I have a led z tape too just need to replace the belt in my beautiful deck, but I haven’t got around to it for a few years already lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Happy said:

Sorry i mean alpage

That's an Alpine......nice.? They owned Luxman for awhile.....it was Luxmans 'dark period'.? I have a Luxman K5 cassette deck (1978....pre Alpine connection) in storage....might drag it out one day. Not sure where my cassettes are though.....?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/292466156429-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Edited by stevoz

12 minutes ago, stevoz said:

That's an Alpine......nice.? They owned Luxman for awhile.....it was Luxmans 'dark period'.? I have a Luxman K5 cassette deck (1978....pre Alpine connection) in storage....might drag it out one day. Not sure where my cassettes are though.....?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/292466156429-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Sorry it really is ALPAGE not ALPINE.

and it looks like this...way prettier than what you got there! 

YEE95B483-3F2B-4E91-82DE-F39394EAD649.jpeg.fda433014c43bbd6036792106f3292b0.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Happy said:

Sorry it really is ALPAGE not ALPINE.

and it looks like this...way prettier than what you got there! 

YEE95B483-3F2B-4E91-82DE-F39394EAD649.jpeg.fda433014c43bbd6036792106f3292b0.jpeg

I wasn't competing? (yours is nice, as I said in my initial post....maybe just a bit cluttered with unnecessary functions?) .....anyway, Alpage and Alpine.....same company. Your deck is also known as the Alpine AL300.

https://www.nodevice.com/service-manuals/cassette-decks/alpine/alpage-al300

So yes, it's an Alpine. ?......and there's nothing wrong with that.

PS: The K5 would cream it......?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevoz said:

I wasn't competing? (yours is nice, as I said in my initial post....maybe just a bit cluttered with unnecessary functions?) .....anyway, Alpage and Alpine.....same company. Your deck is also known as the Alpine AL300.

https://www.nodevice.com/service-manuals/cassette-decks/alpine/alpage-al300

So yes, it's an Alpine. ?......and there's nothing wrong with that.

PS: The K5 would cream it......?

Lol we got cross purposed mate i thought u brought a generic pic of some alpine deck as opposed to urs sorry about the confusion i misunderstood. Well i still think mine is way prettier but I don’t care if urs cream it or not since im passing it onto someone else anyway (but i do doubt it will be creamed :P ) anyway wasn’t competing or anything in spirit wasn’t thinking that deck was urs so didnt think the comment should offend u

15 minutes ago, Happy said:

Lol we got cross purposed mate i thought u brought a generic pic of some alpine deck as opposed to urs sorry about the confusion i misunderstood. Well i still think mine is way prettier but I don’t care if urs cream it or not since im passing it onto someone else anyway (but i do doubt it will be creamed :P ) anyway wasn’t competing or anything in spirit wasn’t thinking that deck was urs so didnt think the comment should offend u

That Luxman logo on the cassette door didn't give it away?? All good, I'm sure both decks are great. It matters little......I play records and have a feeling the K5 will remain in storage for awhile longer (and still don't know where my cassettes are).?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, stevoz said:

That Luxman logo on the cassette door didn't give it away?? All good, I'm sure both decks are great. It matters little......I play records and have a feeling the K5 will remain in storage for awhile longer (and still don't know where my cassettes are).?

Hey the fonts are pretty weird didn’t bother reading them carefully actually i still can’t quitr easily make them out lol. I’m not really a tape guy tried and gave up a few times.   Hopefully the new owner will get to use it a bit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Citroen said:

Nice arm. I use mine for my mono carts.

Which table will it be going on?

Hi Cliff.  Sweet - did not realise you have one - I need to look harder on the just spinning - or post yours so everyone can see.

Its going on the TW Acustik - its on now :)

Edited by metal beat

10 hours ago, Happy said:

Hey the fonts are pretty weird didn’t bother reading them carefully actually i still can’t quitr easily make them out lol. I’m not really a tape guy tried and gave up a few times.   Hopefully the new owner will get to use it a bit.

I've got a few decks with the main two being a Nak RX303 & TeacV700

teac_v-700.jpg

Nakamichi RX-303E.jpg

• Like 1